Ghost Recon Future Soldier-Augmented Reality real world to gameplay

I already have my pre-order for this game. I'm excited to finally be able to play a Ghost Recon game again since GRAW2. Sorta bummed out that this game got delayed so many times but...

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever
-Shigeru Miyamoto
Edit: I'm making that quote my sig. :)

So I grab the PSN beta and Ubisoft's servers are down. I read on the site it says 4/19 - 5/2. WTF? Why release a beta if it is not available for playing?

[quote name='lokizz']not really a fan of the series but id like to know what makes this game stand out from all the other fps?[/QUOTE]

well, for starters...the perspective...it's a tps, not fps ;)

That said, I'm in the beta now, and it's a blast! what makes it stand out? beats me...but it's a hell of a lot better than any of the other tps's i've seen out there (...socom...)

[quote name='Lemarfanz']well, for starters...the perspective...it's a tps, not fps ;)

That said, I'm in the beta now, and it's a blast! what makes it stand out? beats me...but it's a hell of a lot better than any of the other tps's i've seen out there (...socom...)[/QUOTE]

Hmm I downloaded the beta and I can't find a single player wtf

keep going in and out eventually youll find a game going.its an ok game i see what you were saying about it not being a real fps i like the view but the button placement needs work unless its fully customizable then that cool. it moves nice and its easy to aim. havent tried to customize any weapons yet the mele kill feels and looks odd.

that said wtf is with all the games with people with active camo ? fucking helll ive killed more people camping on their bellys in camo than anything else. thats the most over abused and annoying power in shooters. itll be interesting to see if it does as well as bf3.

[quote name='lokizz']keep going in and out eventually youll find a game going.its an ok game i see what you were saying about it not being a real fps i like the view but the button placement needs work unless its fully customizable then that cool. it moves nice and its easy to aim. havent tried to customize any weapons yet the mele kill feels and looks odd.

that said wtf is with all the games with people with active camo ? fucking helll ive killed more people camping on their bellys in camo than anything else. thats the most over abused and annoying power in shooters. itll be interesting to see if it does as well as bf3.[/QUOTE]

i hardly see anyone using active camo...i can see that getting annoying though...

its hard to notice if youre not looking for it theyre usually there behind cars ad in greenhouses lying on the ground.

The beta is heavily bugged for me. PS3 already hard freeze 3 times. 1 during searching for a game, 1 during loading screen, and 1 randomly right after I placed a sensor on the ground. I also saw a dude on my team with his left arm missing.

Graphically it looks pretty bad compared to the first gameplay trailer revealed 4 years ago.... How is that even possible?

Edit:
froze too dam much, going to wait for a fix. Otherwise game is pretty fun once you unlock the good attachments.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 1.5 matches I am still not entirely sure of all of the controls. I was doing fairly well, but like htz, it froze on me in the middle of the game AFTER I held the objective and helped rally my team from being down 200-13. It does take some getting used to.....similar to Socom 4 in that it is a 3rd person shooter and it does take a while to get used to aiming with that. I do not like how it zooms in sometimes....WTF is that about?

[quote name='8bitArtist']the movements seems kinda wonky to me. i dunno, its alright i guess. better than socom 4 beta. i have no idea how to melee. haha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the movement does feel a bit wonky. I mean it's supposed to be realistic like any tom clancy game but please tell me what solider runs standing straight up with his gun pointed up in the air like he has a boner. I think the way you are supposed to move across the map is from cover to cover using the little waypoint marker you get when you look around corners to map out where you want to sprint to next when you hold down X. I don't think there is any melee in the game except if you sneak up on someone kind of like BF3 and get the execute style kill. Someone did it to me earlier lol. I was debating about getting this for the PC but I don't enjoy tps on the PC as much as I do as FPS on it. With starhawk around the corner not sure what my stance is on this game.

Played for about an hour on 360 and didn't notice many glitches other than some frame skipping but it seems like it was mostly due to host migration. For a while I had a hard time playing a match through since people kept rage quitting and server was migrated. I like the map pipeline but dont care too much for the other map. Was a fan of soccom in the early ps2 days an I'm loving this. Guess I'll be preordering.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Yeah the movement does feel a bit wonky. I mean it's supposed to be realistic like any tom clancy game but please tell me what solider runs standing straight up with his gun pointed up in the air like he has a boner. I think the way you are supposed to move across the map is from cover to cover using the little waypoint marker you get when you look around corners to map out where you want to sprint to next when you hold down X. I don't think there is any melee in the game except if you sneak up on someone kind of like BF3 and get the execute style kill. Someone did it to me earlier lol. I was debating about getting this for the PC but I don't enjoy tps on the PC as much as I do as FPS on it. With starhawk around the corner not sure what my stance is on this game.[/QUOTE]

i think mele is the square button.

[quote name='SynGamer']Anyone know where to get a PS3 beta code? I've received 3 (three!) 360 codes but I haven't had a 360 in about 6 months...[/QUOTE]

PM sent

Those who don't have beta keys, the beta will be open to all next week. This is directly from the developers at Red Storm.

im not too happy with the future soldier beta. its not a tom clancy game. and its dumbed down, the trend of this gen. sigh :(

beta has all kinds of problems like not explaining the controls well (a loading screen is not the place to put your manual), not explaining the games flow/UI (still have no idea what hacking is, what it does, also how exactly do you use the stun gun? - I'm pretty sure those three are related), and not ideal button layouts.

But I'm sorta having fun with it even though I do suck pretty badly and it has hard frozen my system three times. I haven't seen the camo campers. Every time I try to setup and sit I get ganked from behind. I do have problems aiming in close quarters (close in this case meaning both a) close enough to melee which is how I usually die and b) close enough to see each other but not close enough to melee). It is the sort of game I wish I could find a group of headset buddies to play with. We might be able to make sense of it together and maybe I'd be able to level up enough to get something decent.

Eng - 6
Sco - 3
Riff - 1

Has anyone found the website helpful? I find it more troublesome than useful to edit layouts. I haven't seen an official forum or a manual or anything.

bread's done
Back