*LOOK!* Skyrim on sale starting 2/26 @ Walmart $39.96!!!

efizzee23

CAGiversary!
For those who haven't picked up Skyrim yet: just browsing the Wed Oregonian newspaper which included Walmart's ad for Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim on sale for $39.96 starting Sunday 2/26 til Saturday 3/2. Great opportunity to pick this game up at an excellent price!

[quote name='efizzee23']For those who haven't picked up Skyrim yet: just browsing the Wed Oregonian newspaper which included Walmart's ad for Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim on sale for $39.96 starting Sunday 2/26 til Saturday 3/2. Great opportunity to pick this game up at an excellent price![/QUOTE]

Could you take a picture of the walmart ad of skyrim at 39.96 so i could see for myself, much appreciated.

WHATS THIS?!?!?!?!? sorry the ops post starter reminded me of nightmare before xmas. good deal if you didnt already get it cheaper from go hastings.

[quote name='finstersucks']Maybe they" ll decide to patch it.[/QUOTE]

Its already been patched more times than either Oblivion, or Fallout New Vegas.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Have fun playing Skyrim in 2013.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 took 1 year, New Vegas was 1.25, and Oblivion took 1.5.

Can't wait for 2013 to come.

Sorry if I offended those with my "*" and "!." I just wanted to emphasize that this is a great deal and the lowest price I've ever seen this game go on sale for. BTW, the ad should be nationwide, not just Oregon, as I'll have pics of the ad up tonight.

[quote name='croqoa']For some reason it just reminded me a lot of Navi.[/QUOTE]And I was just about to post a HEY! LISTEN!

I'll mention the sale to those of my friends who haven't purchased it yet. Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

[quote name='finstersucks']Maybe they" ll decide to patch it.[/QUOTE]

1.4 is out on all platforms, did it fix the PS3 issues? Sorry I honestly don't know as I have it on 360 and the only media people I know who play it on PS3 are IGN's PS team, and they're not big fantasy RPG fans. They're slobbering all over Reckoning because it works on PS3 and Skyrim doesn't, at least since before 1.4.

Not sure why you would wait for the Game of the Year edition. The game already has at least 400 hours of content and no DLC is even available yet. Even when the GOTY comes out it will full price for awhile at least.
At $39 you could play it until then and always trade or sell it for $20-$30 easy. There is being Cheap then there is just being.....well something else.
To each their own. Just my opinion.

[quote name='mrclutch']Not sure why you would wait for the Game of the Year edition. The game already has at least 400 hours of content and no DLC is even available yet. Even when the GOTY comes out it will full price for awhile at least.
At $39 you could play it until then and always trade or sell it for $20-$30 easy. There is being Cheap then there is just being.....well something else.
To each their own. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

How about when you have a huge backlog, don't want to buy something that will push back your entire backlog for months, and ME3 is coming out, which I will probably play for ~150 hours in the next year if the first two games were any indicator?

Plus it's cheaper (if you wait for the goty to drop, granted that will take quite a while), and I don't trade in games I love, which I probably will love Skyrim. I'm not even completely done with Oblivion yet to my satisfaction and haven't even played New Vegas.

Have the PS3 problems been worked out? I desperately want to play this game but my 360 is busted so it's PS3 only right now...

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Waiting for inevitable goty edition.[/QUOTE]
They haven't even announced any dlc yet (only that they will be big; a la borderlands, fallout). So yeah have fun playing skyrim in 2014

This is coming from the guy who waited for the inevitable goty edition of mass effect 2 on 360. Finally broke down and picked up the ps3 version but a few months ago

[quote name='shadowkast']They haven't even announced any dlc yet (only that they will be big; a la borderlands, fallout). So yeah have fun playing skyrim in 2014

This is coming from the guy who waited for the inevitable goty edition of mass effect 2 on 360. Finally broke down and picked up the ps3 version but a few months ago[/QUOTE]

Morrowind had a goty, oblivion had a goty, I'll be very surprised if Skyrim doesn't get one, especially since Oblivion won far less goty awards than skyrim, and I'm not sure Morrowind won any.

Plus Fallout 3 had a goty, New Vegas got an ultimate edition. Highly unlikely there's not one for Skyrim. Summer 2013 sounds like a good time for me to play skyrim. I'll jump on it though if it hits the right price at the right time.

This count for the PC version of skyrim? I had it for the sexbox before it got a red ring of death. qq F U Microsoft!
***Really only came here because I thought there was free bewbs*** (/end sarcasm)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dsimmelink']Have the PS3 problems been worked out? I desperately want to play this game but my 360 is busted so it's PS3 only right now...[/QUOTE]

i played through the ps3 version, doing pretty much everything i could, and had a few instances of bad slowdown, and the 1.1 or 1.2 patch made the dragons go all screwy about 1 in 100 times (only in a certain map region too)...(flying backwards, indestructible, etc).

in my 100+ hours, no crashes, and when it would slow down badly (prob 4-5x), i would just quit out, take a walk, and come back the next day....usually did the trick.

it's def stupid that they didnt (quite) finish the game/coding/whatever to prevent this, but it's also def playable and enjoyable - and i take the tradeoff of having a big open ended world (that is a little buggy) over a linear corridor that is polished. I finished up on patch 1.2, so i can only assume it's getting better by 1.4.

i generally dont much care for fantasy dwarf/elf type shit (more a fallout guy), but i was hooked on skyrim. go figure.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']LOOK its a bird, no its a plane. oh its just Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Just Skyrim?! When the fine folks of metropolis saw Skyrim flying through the air, everyone suddenly became both intrigued and aroused by his dashingly thoughtful storylines and deep character immersing worlds. Everyone in the city ran, not walk, to walmart for Skyrim at the amazing low price of $40!! To you its just "oh its just Skyrim." but to these fine folks it's a true hero of video games at 33% markdown!

The price dropped in the system yesterday for pc/ps3/xbox360. Oddly it's was not marked as a rollback (their version of a timed sale)

*Lಠ_ಠK!*

No offense meant, OP, just something that struck me as funny this morning...

[quote name='RoninChaos']Got it in Atlanta last night and it was still 60[/QUOTE]
Sale starts 2/26.
EDIT: Ah, I see, previous posters reported the price drop already in effect at their local Walmart.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']How about when you have a huge backlog, don't want to buy something that will push back your entire backlog for months, and ME3 is coming out, which I will probably play for ~150 hours in the next year if the first two games were any indicator?

Plus it's cheaper (if you wait for the goty to drop, granted that will take quite a while), and I don't trade in games I love, which I probably will love Skyrim. I'm not even completely done with Oblivion yet to my satisfaction and haven't even played New Vegas.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Mass Effect 3, I won a copy of the CE so I'll be taking a break from Skyrim. I love Skyrim, and it will definitely consume a lot of your time if you really get into it. I had it sealed for roughly three weeks before I went to play it. I wanted to sit down with for four/five hours or so to get into the game. I'm glad I did. I invested roughly 50 hours into the game, and I'm no where near completing the game. I'll probably get the DLC for free down the line so it's safe to say, I'll be playing this game until late next year. Skyrim is worth the full $60 if you ask me.

(Off topic) I recently had a free rental of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and that game was amazing. I'll eventually have to pick up a copy.

this thread title reminds me of gas stations - they have the same sign making you *Look!* at their "low" price ...

Nice find though OP. The MODs added new life to Skyrim - they're awesome!

bread's done
Back