PS3 Game Data corrupted - Won't delete *CAN BE CLOSED*

Tsel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
328 (100%)
I just beat Resistance 3, so I was going to delete the game data to clear up some HDD space. It sat on the 'Deleting...' screen for about 15 minutes so I finally just shut the PS3 off. I turn it back on and it now says 'Corrupted Data' where the Resistance 3 data was. I try to delete it again and it still just hangs at the deletion screen.

Any help?

EDIT: Seems like a common problem with Resistance 3. A few people were saying it takes about an hour to delete so I guess I'll do that and see. Ridiculous that it takes that long, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed when I saw this topic and thought to myself "I know this is Resistance 3" Looks like I'm right.

[quote name='Paco']I laughed when I saw this topic and thought to myself "I know this is Resistance 3" Looks like I'm right.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I didn't know there were any specific problems with Resistance 3 until Googling this issue brought up tons of results about the game.

Looks like just waiting about 40 minutes did the trick.

I didn't even know this was an issue to begin with, I also had that happened to me but I always figured it was my console that decided to take a crap and corrupt it. I actually left my PS3 on for the night trying to "delete" it but no dice.

Well gee, at least I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one lol.

I was wondering what game I tried to delete that turned into a corrupted file was. I also noticed that if you quit the delete process after a set time the file does get smaller lol. I deleted in small chunks over 1 week.

bread's done
Back