Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

#31 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was expecting it, but damn Peace Walker looks so much better on my PspGo than on the Vita.

#32 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I found the music rhythm game beats. works. I believe it was a download only game. Never out on UMD. So, maybe you don't consider those for this list??

#33 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

I found the music rhythm game beats. works. I believe it was a download only game. Never out on UMD. So, maybe you don't consider those for this list??

Actually, UMD games are irrelevant for this list because the Vita will only play PSP games you can download from PSN...and only a subset of those, some listed by Sony and exposed for direct download to the Vita and the rest listed by people like us that are downloading games they bought to their PS3 so they can install them on their Vita..
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#34 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Actually, UMD games are irrelevant for this list because the Vita will only play PSP games you can download from PSN...and only a subset of those, some listed by Sony and exposed for direct download to the Vita and the rest listed by people like us that are downloading games they bought to their PS3 so they can install them on their Vita..

I just meant if the list was only of games that were on UMD at one time. Like full retail games and not little downloadable games that were $10 at release.

#35 TheGreatWang

TheGreatWang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Gods Eater Burst works. And it's so much better that you can map the camara to the second analog.

#36 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

I just meant if the list was only of games that were on UMD at one time. Like full retail games and not little downloadable games that were $10 at release.

Personally, I think it should include any PSP or Mini games that have been confirmed to work on the Vita (with those that the Vita can download directly from PSN identified). I don't care how much the game cost, but I would like to see different lists for PSP games and Mini games .
Posted Image

#37 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

I was expecting it, but damn Peace Walker looks so much better on my PspGo than on the Vita.

After changing the video settings, I actually thought it looked pretty good on my Vita. Plus I liked being able to map the second stick to the camera buttons. I just need to play with the other button mappings to find a config that works best for me.
Posted Image

#38 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Do pS1 games load on the Vita?

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#39 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Do pS1 games load on the Vita?

PS1 games are not yet supported on the Vita, though it sounds like it will probably be coming in the future.
Posted Image

#40 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

The only way you can play PS1 game on it is by using Remote Play on the PS3 and playing it like that. I had my fun doing it like that.

#41 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

After changing the video settings, I actually thought it looked pretty good on my Vita. Plus I liked being able to map the second stick to the camera buttons. I just need to play with the other button mappings to find a config that works best for me.

Even mapping to the right analog stick, the game wasn't designed for a second analog. Moving the right analog stick does not move it in analog fashion. It's still digtal. It's no better, perhaps worse, than using it on the original psp/go.

#42 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

I checked that but there is no listing for scea promotion. Bummer.

Damn must of stayed there for me since I download the first free game but the 2nd.

I was trying to get "A Space Shooter for Two Bucks" mini since it was on the official list and it isn't even compatible.

#43 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

Thread just went Wiki. I've color coded it to show off which games are on the official Sony list, which ones were found by users, which haven't been tested and which have been confirmed not to work. Just like any Wiki, anyone can edit this anytime someone discovers a new game status or when a new game gets added to PSN.

And for anyone wondering, there are separate lists for both full PSN games and Minis.

14610.png

#44 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thread just went Wiki. I've color coded it to show off which games are on the official Sony list, which ones were found by users, which haven't been tested and which have been confirmed not to work. Just like any Wiki, anyone can edit this anytime someone discovers a new game status or when a new game gets added to PSN.

And for anyone wondering, there are separate lists for both full PSN games and Minis.

Awesome work dude! Greatly appreciate the effort with the organization and color coding.:applause:
Posted Image

#45 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

Awesome work dude! Greatly appreciate the effort with the organization and color coding.:applause:

Agreed. The color coding is awesome :applause:

#46 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Thanks much for the compliments. Honestly, I got the idea from SynGamer's Xbox 360 install thread, something I help maintain every now and then. I like the style and I figure that it's always helpful when checking things at a glance.

Just added the statuses for both Echoshift and PQ2. Both work on Vita.

14610.png

#47 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thanks much for the compliments. Honestly, I got the idea from SynGamer's Xbox 360 install thread, something I help maintain every now and then. I like the style and I figure that it's always helpful when checking things at a glance.

Just added the statuses for both Echoshift and PQ2. Both work on Vita.

Ok so what color what you put "A Space Shooter for Two Bucks" since its on the Sony's list but isn't compatible?

#48 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Ok so what color what you put "A Space Shooter for Two Bucks" since its on the Sony's list but isn't compatible?

I went ahead and marked that one red. Doesn't matter what the list says, if a game doesn't work, it goes red.

14610.png

#49 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

I went ahead and marked that one red. Doesn't matter what the list says, if a game doesn't work, it goes red.

Ok sounds good. I went ahead and changed Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier since its incompatible.

#50 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

I grabbed ghostbusters for 4.99. It works great, especially, when mapping the camera to the right stick.

How do I copy minis over from the ps3 to the vita. The games aren't turning up over content manager... Thanks

#51 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:23 AM

Re-DL the minis so they're just bubbles on the PS3's XMB, then use the Vita's content manager and they should show up.

#52 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

List edited. Marked down Ghostbusters as working while Hero of Sparta isn't working.

14610.png

#53 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

I've only been able to get blaz blue and mega man maverick hunter x to work...I'm going to dl my PSP games to my ps3 overnight and will try to load from there.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#54 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Re-DL the minis so they're just bubbles on the PS3's XMB, then use the Vita's content manager and they should show up.

Nope, the same things happening for mod nation racers..

#55 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Just got Metal Slug Anthology the other night. Only lag I see is the apparent Metal Slug X one where you wait some time to get to character select/demo play/scroll through characters but much less apparent (only .5 to 1 second wait). Other than that it seems flawless so far and I notice no lag in game at all! It's worthy to note that this PSP Anthology collection's Metal Slug 2 doesn't have any slowdowns either. I don't know if the Neo-Geo station version got rid of that or not.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#56 Krakn3Dfx

Krakn3Dfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

Anyone have Battlefront 2 to try?

Think I might just pick it up for the $10 to test, I want to say I've heard somewhere else that it works. Will check and report back.

#57 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Anyone have Final Fantasy VI to try?

#58 flojomojo

flojomojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

I just added a bunch of games, including the Star Wars titles (Battlefront II and Elite Squadron work, Renegade does not). I could not get Ratchet and Clank Size Matters to copy, but this is not the only place that said it worked, so I will try again.

So glad this is out there for people who are not finished with the PSP yet but don't want to waste money buying incompatible games.

#59 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

Gravity Crash Portable works on Vita.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#60 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

Anyone have Final Fantasy VI to try?

That's a PS1 title. No PS1 titles are playable on the Vita yet.