• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Screwed again! Damn you Sony! Haha

#242 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

A report from a rep at the e3 vita floor says the whole ps1 library will be available with the firmware update and you wont have to re-buy.

The PS1 games are playable on the vita on the e3 floor, though with limited settings and certain games. The firmware update is set to include screen adjustment and control mapping, as expected like the PSP got. They also look beautiful on the OLED screen.

Id expect the update in July. The reason for the long delay was for merely licensing issues. Nothing technical.
Posted Image

#243 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Bah, still no Resistance: Retribution on the US store, even though its up on the Euro PSN. Anybody know how the Medal of Honor games play?

#244 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

A report from a rep at the e3 vita floor says the whole ps1 library will be available with the firmware update and you wont have to re-buy.

The PS1 games are playable on the vita on the e3 floor, though with limited settings and certain games. The firmware update is set to include screen adjustment and control mapping, as expected like the PSP got. They also look beautiful on the OLED screen.

Id expect the update in July. The reason for the long delay was for merely licensing issues. Nothing technical.

Good news.

#245 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

"Anybody know how the Medal of Honor games play?"

It's not perfect, but even fake dual analog is better than using the face buttons, and you don't have to stop moving like some of the other control options (such as having to hold down a shoulder button to switch the analog to aim, which is more accurate but make you a sitting duck). It's not nearly as precise, with only eight directions, but it feels more natural.

#246 MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't know if this list is still being updated, but despite Manhunt 2 not being on the Vita store, the "transfer from PS3" method does work for it. Hope this helps :)

#247 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Rest assured, the list is always being updated. There haven't been any new games for the PSP on PSN at all but Frisky has been doing a great job at keeping up with official releases to the Vita store and others have done well at putting in updates also.

Unless Sony starts putting out more PSP games on PSN, though, the list will remain fairly static save for the Minis section.

14610.png

#248 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

These are the PSP games and Minis that have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
Dante’s Inferno
FIFA Soccer 11
FIFA Soccer 12
Fight Night Round 3
Madden NFL 12
Me & My Katamari
Need for Speed: Carbon

Minis
Bloons TD
Fieldrunners
A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks!
Sudoku
Tetris
Where is my Heart?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#249 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

An Atlus strategy game called Gungnir--apparently it's another game based on Norse mythology--was released on PSN yesterday. I added it to the list, if nobody beat me to it, as a gray title. Has anybody with a vita and PSP tested it yet? It only appears in the PSP-only section of the PS3 store, and like most new PSP releases likely won't transfer to Vita right away, but there needs to be some kind of confirmation.

Edited by jeremybristol1959, 13 June 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#250 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Supposedly an Atlus strategy game called Gungnir was released on PSN yesterday. Has anybody with a vita and PSP tested it yet?

So far Gungnir does not work on Vita but Atlus is working on fixing that.

I personally can't wait for it to work on Vita.

#251 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Changed the status of Gungnir on the list to Red.

14610.png

#252 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

I know this isn't supposed to happen to the PSOne games, but I hope we don't have to go through this again with them. I also hope there's 100% compatibility, unlike PSP which is about 99%. I know of at least 1 psone game that doesn't work on PSP--Pocket Fighters (weirdly, I could still play it with remote play, but there was some sort of glitch that supposedly prevented it from run on the PSP). AFter the PSOne update (I keep hearing July), I can check that game and if it doesn't work I can update the wiki to warn people away.

Edited by jeremybristol1959, 14 June 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#253 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

From what I have heard, PS1 games will be 100% compatible as far as what works on the PSP once the big firmware update for that is released. We don't need a list in this thread for that, as something like this thread is better for that sort of information.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 14 June 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#254 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Okay.

#255 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

These are the new additions to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
Hexyz Force

Minis
Core Blaster
Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl
Monopoly

#256 jondier

jondier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

So, I see that two games on this list are playable through the PS3 by transferring them onto the Vita. The problem is that I don't have a PS3.... Can anyone give me advise in what I should be doing or if there's any way i can download them? I already purchased them back in 2009.

if you already purchased them then i believe you can download it right on the vita by accessing your download list in the ps store.

#257 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

if you already purchased them then i believe you can download it right on the vita by accessing your download list in the ps store.

Only games that can be downloaded directly from the PS Store on the Vita are also available from the download list, which are the green games on the list. Blue games need a PS3 until they're added to the Vita's PS Store.

#258 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

By the way thanks Frisky for keeping us updated on this.

I can't wait to see if there are any added PSP games today! *crosses fingers for MGS PO*
Posted Image

#259 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

No new additions this week, but I added Unchained Blades to the list as gray.

#260 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Still no resistance retribution, but after the announcement Sony has no plan to continue the series, I don't know if we will ever see it. Never had a PSP so I'm a little bummed.

#261 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

So Monster Hunter is on sale for $9.99. I've never played a MH but I've heard lots of good things about it. Anyone recommend it?

#262 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

So Monster Hunter is on sale for $9.99. I've never played a MH but I've heard lots of good things about it. Anyone recommend it?

I would just wait for a vita version. No online for the PSP game

#263 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm in the same boat - what would the online be? I pretty much never play online multiplayer in any game anyway.

#264 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I would just wait for a vita version. No online for the PSP game

Is it fun soloing or is it made for multiplayer?

#265 jac1002

jac1002

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I bought MHFU two weeks ago at full price and I can't recommend it enough. It really is HUGE ,I've played it just short of 90 hours(all solo) and probably only played about 19% of the content. I like it better then Tri.
And it can be played online (though I haven't done so yet) by using a PS3 and ad-hoc party.

Also I doubt there will be a Vita version any time soon since we still haven't gotten a western release of portable 3RD.

#266 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I was thinking of a new thing for the list, which is to note the remaining games that have been pulled and are unlikely to be put in the Vita PS Store or be made compatible.The old sports games and licensed games that continue to not change every week could be better categorized since they're probably not going to change at this point. I'd just make that the purple color since the "it works for some and not for others" category isn't needed anymore anyway. Good idea?

#267 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Sounds good to me, Frisky. Anyone else want to have their say on the subject?

14610.png

#268 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sounds like a great idea!

#269 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Might as well list every UMD-only game, then--such as Dungeon Siege, Valkyrie Profile, and Crisis Core.

#270 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Those weren't ever on PSN, so they don't belong on the list.