Killzone 3 MP To Hit PSN as Separate Free Download Next Tuesday, February 28

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

A heads up for those that were interested in purchasing Killzone 3 for the multiplayer:

Next Tuesday, February 28, Sony will be giving away the multiplayer side of Killzone 3 away for free via its PlayStation Network. Any PlayStation 3 owner with an internet connection and a PSN account will be able to sample Killzone 3 multiplayer across all of its maps, free-to-play style.

The download will feature a level cap, and players will have the option of paying $14.99 to unlock the full skill tree once they reach that cap. The single player campaign will not be included and is not planned to be sold separately.

http://www.gametrail...-psn-next-week/

Edited by shrike4242, 24 February 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#2 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Oh wow. This sounds interesting!

#3 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Sounds similar to what MAG did. I wish more multiplayer games did this. Really keeps the multiplayer community alive.

#4 sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

5 stars!

#5 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Sounds similar to what MAG did. I wish more multiplayer games did this. Really keeps the multiplayer community alive.

that, plus stop charging for DLC maps.
my biggest wish is the cross-platform multiplayer. online communities die out too fast unless they're halo or CoD. i don't expect this from xblive titles, but at least wiiU+ps3/4+PC games should be cross-online-play to keep online communities healthy as long as possible.

#6 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

MAG is free for download? Since when and why didnt I ever hear of that?
Posted Image

#7 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I wonder how far you can level up under the free version?

#8 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Wow, that's a pretty crazy deal. I will def be grabbing this, I played KZ2 to death back in the day but never got around to playing the third one
Posted Image

#9 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

I am interested in this.

Thank you OP!

#10 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Very interesting experiment. It's cross-compatible with the disc version of the multiplayer I guess? I mean it would almost have to be given their stated goal, but the article doesn't specifically say.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#11 ptuck874

ptuck874

It's me bitchez!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

mag was cross-compatible because i was getting blown away with the dudes that were all leveled up, i think it would be the same with this, be ready to be frustrated some :) but nice find op!!! :) thanks!

#12 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Loved the KZ3 MP beta when it was live, so I will definitely be dl'ing this. Hell, $15 for the the uncapped MP isn't a bad deal at all...

The real question, however, is the online community still alive?

Thanks OP.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#13 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Interesting, I was planning of getting Killzone 3 for the single player campaign when it is cheaper. Meant to get KZ3 during the holiday season, just never got around to picking it up. Still have Killzone 2 in my backlog as well.

#14 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

killzone 3 multiplayer is not free? I have the game so I need to pay extra to pay multiplayer?

#15 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Loved the KZ3 MP beta when it was live, so I will definitely be dl'ing this. Hell, $15 for the the uncapped MP isn't a bad deal at all...

The real question, however, is the online community still alive?

Thanks OP.

Even if the community is dead now (which I doubt it is), I bet after this goes free, it'll pick up.

Anyone have any idea regarding Trophies?

#16 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

that, plus stop charging for DLC maps.
my biggest wish is the cross-platform multiplayer. online communities die out too fast unless they're halo or CoD. i don't expect this from xblive titles, but at least wiiU+ps3/4+PC games should be cross-online-play to keep online communities healthy as long as possible.

This seems so obvious it's annoying that publishers aren't getting it. If you make the freemium MP b/c with the regular version, you pad out the MP, extend the impact of your game's name/brand, invite opportunities to convert the free players to paid ones, and give extra value (in the form of more people to murder) to the players who did buy in with full feature set.

It's taken this long for them to realize that not every brand can be Call of Duty and to succeed the lesser brands with MP are going to have to innovate.

#17 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

killzone 3 multiplayer is not free? I have the game so I need to pay extra to pay multiplayer?

No

#18 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

This seems so obvious it's annoying that publishers aren't getting it. If you make the freemium MP b/c with the regular version, you pad out the MP, extend the impact of your game's name/brand, invite opportunities to convert the free players to paid ones, and give extra value (in the form of more people to murder) to the players who did buy in with full feature set.

It's taken this long for them to realize that not every brand can be Call of Duty and to succeed the lesser brands with MP are going to have to innovate.

What makes you think they realize this? Better yet, what makes you think they are comparing their game to COD?

#19 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

#20 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yes, please come join me in some KZ3 multi...such a sick game, but at this point in it's life the online community is definitely declining a bit, so this could be a great little shot in the arm!

#21 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wonder if all the stuff I unlocked when I had the retail disc is still there,it be nice.

#22 ludwigfrech

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Great deal for those who haven't tried it yet! the online comunity is still very active 16 vs 16 warzone and operations most of the time and 8 vs 8 guerrilla warfare (i play at night)... best MP of 2011 along with BF3, they'r very similar but KZ is faster.

#23 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Was the issue ever fixed with the maps when you would be stuck in a loop on the same map?

#24 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I can speak on behalf of Killzone 3 MP.. no it is not dead.. A lot of people still play. And I can't wait for all of the newbies to pop on so I can crush them haha I'm top ranked biooooooooootch I love the game and same goes for Killzone 2. The series is levels above COD that shit is a flash in the pan.. they bring out so many of them in a year .. and they're all the same shit.. just a new name.

As for the multiplayer should be free.. um no! If I buy a game including campaign and multiplayer. I don't feel some jackass should get what I paid for .. for free.. sorry If you can't afford to buy the games maybe you should get a career or real job

#25 b1rdman

b1rdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Great opportunity for those that never bought killzone 3.

Multiplayer is excellent (I'm not even a big fan of fps games) and now with this the community will really expand again.

My only question is with this download you get all of the dlc maps to play; but those of us that bought the game already and don't have the dlc don't get it? We should get the dlc for free so we can play these new people.

#26 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Might as well call it a sampler or trial.

#27 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

I used to play KZ3 up until PSN had the outage....It's a blast to play! I might get back into it.

#28 efizzee23

efizzee23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Excited to hear about this..more players in MP, more kills for me!! Commander-in-chief trophy, here I come!!!

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

I can speak on behalf of Killzone 3 MP.. no it is not dead.. A lot of people still play. And I can't wait for all of the newbies to pop on so I can crush them haha I'm top ranked biooooooooootch I love the game and same goes for Killzone 2. The series is levels above COD that shit is a flash in the pan.. they bring out so many of them in a year .. and they're all the same shit.. just a new name.

As for the multiplayer should be free.. um no! If I buy a game including campaign and multiplayer. I don't feel some jackass should get what I paid for .. for free.. sorry If you can't afford to buy the games maybe you should get a career or real job

This right here is why I don't play mp outside of GTA's free mode anymore. There's far too many 'serious' players who are a lil too good for my liking.:booty: What's funnier still is how they will bitch at you over their mics and then vote to kick you if you play 'unconventionally'.

I had people whining about how I was using a car(or heli) in GTA(Grand Theft AUTO) as an assist to get kills when I still played TDM/DM on that game. I guess they expected me to walk/run across the entire map once I got killed to get back to where most of the players were at?

As for whether this MP should be free or not, I really wish publishers would release seperate single and mp modes for games and charge LESS if seperating them. But free is good, level cap and having to pay $15 to unlock everything else is NOT.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#30 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

MAG is free for download? Since when and why didnt I ever hear of that?

MAG trial is free for download for quite a while. They even made one of the expansion pack free just sometime in the fourth quarter of last year too.

Might play Killzone 3 Multiplayer when possible, made some cool killing during beta phase, but that was a while ago.