Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

fuuuuuu... even in light of this I will not change my preorder from nintendo to gamestop. I don't want to ever give gamestop another penny.

Artbook, eh? This could be a really nice bonus... or one of those crappy 20 page deals.

In France, they gave away a translated copy of the artbook (it's an actual artbook, 200-ish pages I think). I bought one from Japan, it's a great artbook. Made me really sad that this game wasn't released on an actual HD console though.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Going to have to pre-order this and borrow a Wii from one of my friends since I got rid of mine.[/QUOTE]

You won't regret it, it's a fantastic game.

[quote name='Vinny']
You won't regret it, it's a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

I have heard that from everyone and it makes me excited as an RPG player. As a JRPG fan, I owe it to myself to play this. I will admit I was quite a pessimist about this coming stateside. Just wish it was on an HD console though.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Nice. Preordered this one as soon as I could, even though I'm not a big fan of Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Funny... I'm not a fan of Gamestop, the Wii or JRPG's yet I'm still gonna preorder this.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']so do I get this when the game comes out or when I place the pre-order?[/QUOTE]

their website says:
Online Customers: Artbook will ship with game.
Store/In-Store Pickup Customers: Artbook will be available at time of game pickup.

I hope Nintendo also ships it with the artbook, because I've already got it pre-ordered through them and would hate to have to cancel that just to redo the pre-order with GS.

[quote name='vherub']their website says:
Online Customers: Artbook will ship with game.
Store/In-Store Pickup Customers: Artbook will be available at time of game pickup.[/QUOTE]

thank you

[quote name='EpochError']I pre-ordered yesterday before this was added. I should still get it, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well. I preordered a couple days ago. I hope we get the artbook.

So what kind of artbook are we talking about here. I might be tempted to get an American copy of the game if the artbook is decent (my Girlfriend would love the artbook).

Boy, this is quite an incentive (even though the possibility of a lesser art book is likely).

I don't know if I should bite it. The game has a lot of critical and user acclaim, and it's gonna be a limited release, which means I don't have a lot of time to waste on making a decision. I have too may RPGs on my backlog as it is, and to be honest, I've grown a little weary of the JRPG genre.

[quote name='Devulture']Boy, this is quite an incentive (even though the possibility of a lesser art book is likely).

I don't know if I should bite it. The game has a lot of critical and user acclaim, and it's gonna be a limited release, which means I don't have a lot of time to waste on making a decision. I have too may RPGs on my backlog as it is, and to be honest, I've grown a little weary of the JRPG genre.[/QUOTE]

Okay let me just say I was exactly the same way. I honestly haven't loved a JRPG in years. I was skeptical at first but enough people were gushing about this game that I figured what the hell and tried it.

I loved it. It's one of the best RPGs I've played in years and certainly the best JRPG in probably a decade or more.

My backlog is nuts. Like 527 games on Steam plus a bunch not on Steam nuts. When I started this everything else got bumped down until I got through it, which I think was 130+ hours if I recall correctly.

Yes there are some flaws sure. That's to be said about anything, but overall the experience for me was unmatched. I was skeptical but it made a believer out of me.

I can't gush enough about this game. JUST GET IT :D

[quote name='Motoki']Okay let me just say I was exactly the same way. I honestly haven't loved a JRPG in years. I was skeptical at first but enough people were gushing about this game that I figured what the hell and tried it.

I loved it. It's one of the best RPGs I've played in years and certainly the best JRPG in probably a decade or more.

My backlog is nuts. Like 527 games on Steam plus a bunch not on Steam nuts. When I started this everything else got bumped down until I got through it, which I think was 130+ hours if I recall correctly.

Yes there are some flaws sure. That's to be said about anything, but overall the experience for me was unmatched. I was skeptical but it made a believer out of me.

I can't gush enough about this game. JUST GET IT :D[/QUOTE]

No offense, but compared to you, my backlog doesn't seem that bad. ;)

And yea, I've heard very similar comments from other people who felt the JRPG genre has been stagnating for a long time, but Xenoblade is the GAME-CHANGER (pardon the pun). Let me be a little clear: I've just grown a little weary on the JRPG genre. The JRPG genre hasn't really been that bad in recent times: the Digital Devil Saga games were good, and I really enjoyed Persona 4; those games were also released in recent years.

But I'm losing the point. I'm also a very unmotivated gamer, and just as easy to lose interest in a game as soon as I purchase it. Not sure if Xenoblade really does redefine the genre enough to make a hasty purchase, and not just because it's getting a limited release. If I'm gonna buy a game, I should feel compelled knowing this game will be worth my time.

Well it's up to you of course, but I was on the fence and very much glad I went for it even to the point of having to import it.

I've found lately I've been very unmotivated to play much of anything. 57 channels and nothing on and all that. But this is one of the very few games that sucked me in when I tried it and really motivated me to want to play it all the way.

And yes, I know my backlog is nuts. I need to stop reading about all the sales on this forum. :p

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just wish it was on an HD console though.[/QUOTE]

Best we can hope for in that regard is that the backwards compatibilities of the WiiU allow for some proper upscaling! :)

And I'm pretty sure those of us who preordered through Nintendo will receive the artbook as well. I'd imagine Nintendo would not want to risk having the preorders cancelled on their end.

Placed my pre-order a few weeks ago...really hoping it'll be included with my order regardless. I sent an e-mail in to Gamestop to get a confirmation, I'll post the reply when I get it.

[quote name='HaloGX']I'm wondering this as well. I preordered a couple days ago. I hope we get the artbook.[/QUOTE]

People who pre ordered before will definetly be offered the art book while supplies last.

[quote name='pdjones']The cost of having to step inside a gamestop is slightly less than the cost of shipping. I guess.[/QUOTE]

I finally caved into their PowerUp Rewards program, but the free version (and I won't bother activating it). I rarely buy games from them and I only did it to shut them up.

Does anyone know if existing preorders automatically include the artbook? I can't find anything to indicate that the preorder I made back when Xenoblade was first announced for NA will include the artbook, but I would assume this to be the case. I don't want to "cancel and reorder" because, for some reason, SAVER no longer works for free value shipping.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Does anyone know if existing preorders automatically include the artbook? I can't find anything to indicate that the preorder I made back when Xenoblade was first announced for NA will include the artbook, but I would assume this to be the case. I don't want to "cancel and reorder" because, for some reason, SAVER no longer works for free value shipping.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them earlier and got this reply back a few minutes ago:

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com

Even though you order was placed prior to the announcement of these premium(s) your order will be included in this offer. Please note that all offers are while supplies last. We do apologize for the confusion in this matter.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I finally caved into their PowerUp Rewards program, but the free version (and I won't bother activating it). I rarely buy games from them and I only did it to shut them up.[/QUOTE]

When your job depends on the enrollments - yeah, it kinda matters to them to yammer on about it. At least you cut 'em a break.

In other news, Reggie just announced the winning artwork for the NA Xenoblades. Looks pretty awesome, to be honest.
xupHu.jpg

Lastly, seems like The Last Story will also be enjoying a NA release later this year. :bouncy: Starting to feel like my purchase of the Wii is finally worth it.

I'm tempted to pre-order for the artbook (plus also because of the limited release), but I'd like to see if anyone is able to confirm if it'll be the some 15-page booklet or the more awesome one I heard mentioned.

I don't ever recall a preorder art book being more than a PoS 15 page "book" so I'm not expecting much. Still going to preorder it though since the limited release will be worth it (to resell once I'm done with it).

Damn, SAVER is dead, no way to get free shipping anymore?

[quote name='sylveranking']I don't ever recall a preorder art book being more than a PoS 15 page "book" so I'm not expecting much. Still going to preorder it though since the limited release will be worth it (to resell once I'm done with it).[/QUOTE]
Check out Tales of Symphonia, Persona 4, Xenosaga II, Peace Walker. All were pretty decent.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I have heard that from everyone and it makes me excited as an RPG player. As a JRPG fan, I owe it to myself to play this. I will admit I was quite a pessimist about this coming stateside. Just wish it was on an HD console though.[/QUOTE]

If you have a decent gaming capable computer, you might wanna try Dolphin Emulator, which is how I played it. My computer is pretty low end (Phenom X3 720 @ 3.0 GHz, HD 3850, 4 GB DDR2 800 ram) and faced some slowdown... it was bearable 98% of the time, but really bad during the final boss fight (were it fell to 10-12 fps) and audio issues (stuttering, echoing... really bad!) but since it looks so much cleaner, I didn't really give a damn.

Draekon had a really powerful PC, check out his 1080p shot and specs.
[quote name='Draekon']You mean like this?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Draekon']Intel i7 2600K
ATI HD 6870 (1x out to Monitor / 1x out to TV)
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM (a lot for virtualization needs, but not running virtual shit while gaming)
2x 128GB SSD in RAID 0 using SATA 3 (6.0Gb/s) slots benchmarked at roughly 1GB/s (For Windows/Games)
Built-in bluetooth on motherboard

I haven't played it much lately since work has been hectic, but I only had 1 freeze and 2 small instances of audio screwing up in roughly 40-50 hours.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gden']Glad I've had the game pre-ordered pretty much since the day it was announced[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Probably not even gonna play it since I've already put in 120+ hours on the PAL version, but it's good to support these kinds of localizations.

Seriously, the game is unbelievably fantastic. I've already played it, but I'm ordering a copy anyway.

Honestly I don't care if the art book is a bit cheap. Considering GameStop is the only place to get the game other than directly from Nintendo, I'm frankly surprised and grateful there's a preorder bonus at all.

That's assuming GameStop actually remembers to SEND the preorder bonus. My Uncharted 3 preorder poster didn't arrive until three months after I got my game, and only after numerous e-mails to customer service.

Yep, Xenoblade will only be sold at GameStop or through Nintendo's own website. It's a bit strange and very frustrating. (I much prefer Amazon)

Anyhow, this might tempt me to buy Xenoblade a second time after buying the European version last summer. I wish we had more details about this artbook, though.

It will most likely be a cheap, flimsy bonus, but whatever. It's time to put my $25 gift card to use. :)

[quote name='keine']Yep, Xenoblade will only be sold at GameStop or through Nintendo's own website. It's a bit strange and very frustrating. (I much prefer Amazon)
[/QUOTE]

Yep. I even had it on pre-order from Amazon for ages and ages, like back when it was still called Monado, and I finally got a message from them a little bit ago that they had to cancel it as they are unable to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to buy direct from Nintendo but for an artbook, I don't mind giving GameStop a little business.

Wonder if this will end up being rare, or sell out and quickly get a second printing.

Does anyone know if this game has a steelbook edition? I wish Nintendo was doing more considering the praise this game seems to be garnering and the fact that it's retailer exclusive.

Bummer, I would much prefer a steelbook over an art book, just because I have a feeling the art book will be small and disappointing.

Awesome that there is going to be a pre-order bonus! I pre-ordered this from Gamestop about a month ago.

I was debating on pre-ordering a second copy since I have a feeling this game is going to go unnoticed by many gamers given the circumstances of its availability.

I preordered this back in December, but bonuses like this always sweeten the deal. Count me pleasantly surprised.

bread's done
Back