Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#331 WuTangTurtle

WuTangTurtle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

I got screwed out of my pre-order and artbook. I decided to pre-order online and pick it up in store. Went to the store and they said I was not on their pre-order list. I showed them my confirmation number and turns out it went to a store across town. Which at that point the employee told me "sorry man looks like you're gonna have to drive across town to get it". I didn't have time that day to drive across town to get it so I planned on doing it the following day. Try to call the place when I woke up and found out the store doesn't exist anymore. Called Gamestop Online support, no help they just told me there was nothing they could do. So my weekend went well, no art book, and no game. If they dare try to pin a re-stocking fee on me I'm gonna lose it.
:joystick:Anomaly Arcade Stick's Business Page:joystick:
:joystick:Anomaly Arcade Stick's Fan Page:joystick:
Phoenix, AZ Arcade Stick Mods and Custom Builds

#332 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive. The art itself is great, but the book is just folded/stapled glossy card-stock.

It's not about whether it's a "quality" item or not, it's the principle of it. Gamestop advertised a bonus for those that pre-ordered and many got screwed out of the said item. That is absolute crap. They are known for pulling this type of shit and it's too bad they are allowed to get away with it.

#333 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I got screwed out of my pre-order and artbook. I decided to pre-order online and pick it up in store. Went to the store and they said I was not on their pre-order list. I showed them my confirmation number and turns out it went to a store across town. Which at that point the employee told me "sorry man looks like you're gonna have to drive across town to get it". I didn't have time that day to drive across town to get it so I planned on doing it the following day. Try to call the place when I woke up and found out the store doesn't exist anymore. Called Gamestop Online support, no help they just told me there was nothing they could do. So my weekend went well, no art book, and no game. If they dare try to pin a re-stocking fee on me I'm gonna lose it.

Dude, that was all your fault. Double-check the store you sent the pre-order to next time.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#334 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

The demand for the artbook doesn't come from the quality. Don't get me wrong, it's nice; but it's certainly not Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive nice. The reason people are so eager to get it is because it's the sole collectible available for the game. And considering all the teeth that had to be pulled in order to convince NOA to take such a daring risk to simply release the game, people are likely assuming that it will continue to be the only one.

I certainly wouldn't pay $40 for it; but if I didn't get a book and ended up loving the game, I would always be disappointed that I didn't get one. That feeling has a different monetary value for different people. :)

Agreed. The only other extra items for it were controllers from Nintendo of America and Nintendo of England but that isn't really a Xenoblade specific item.

Anyway, I think the book is nice enough for a free item. It's actually a little sturdier than I expected. It's a far cry from large hardback artbooks of some CEs for other games, but you are also going to pay a lot more for those and that isn't really an option here even if we wanted to.

For me I really enjoyed the game immensely and it has become one of my favorites. I'd like to have some little physical momento item from it so something is better than nothing at all. Do I think it's worth a ton of money? No, but I am certainly glad I was able to get it.

#335 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Amazing the demand for the art book. I got a quick look at it and I really didn't think it was all that impressive. The art itself is great, but the book is just folded/stapled glossy card-stock.

It is a lot better than I was expecting. For a freebie, it is pretty nice.
Posted Image

#336 Sanoguzman

Sanoguzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Disgaea 4's art book was probably the most disappointing artbook I've gotten. That one I had to pay for... although it came other things like a figurine and CD.

#337 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Dude, that was all your fault. Double-check the store you sent the pre-order to next time.

Fucking gamestop, can't read minds!!! I'm going to Telepath Outlet!

#338 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

gamestop should not be listing stores on their website that don't exist

#339 WuTangTurtle

WuTangTurtle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well I did select the store closest to me but once the site made me log in I think it must have changed it and I didn't realize. However it still doesn't make any sense because the store it ended up sending it to, you can't select it from their website because it closed probably a year ago. Apparently there is a bug with their site that it can send to a non existing store if your last online purchase sent it to that store.
:joystick:Anomaly Arcade Stick's Business Page:joystick:
:joystick:Anomaly Arcade Stick's Fan Page:joystick:
Phoenix, AZ Arcade Stick Mods and Custom Builds

#340 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

We all know what people mean when they say they might sell the book for profit on ebay. OK - maybe we don't mean "profit" in the true sense of the word but you KNOW what was meant by it.

Not to mention, Reselling games could easily be profitable. I have a number of Xenoblades I've brought and now reselling online.

So for anyone looking into reselling games don't let Steele's "advice" steer you away. The dream of making 10$ profit on each game sold can easily be yours today! /confetti

#341 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Not to mention, Reselling games could easily be profitable. I have a number of Xenoblades I've brought and now reselling online.

So for anyone looking into reselling games don't let Steele's "advice" steer you away. The dream of making 10$ profit on each game sold can easily be yours today! /confetti

how much can you make by reselling the game (now at least as the price shoulde go up in a month or so)? I would think the only people paying $65+ are people in Central and South America.

#342 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Preorder since day 1 this thread began...placed online order for delivery (not store pickup) got my order cancelation email yesterday not only did I not get the cheap "art book" but my game order was also cancelled!!! WTF?? Last time I ever order anything from gamestop :((

#343 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Preorder since day 1 this thread began...placed online order for delivery (not store pickup) got my order cancelation email yesterday not only did I not get the cheap "art book" but my game order was also cancelled!!! WTF?? Last time I ever order anything from gamestop :((

How did you not notice that they didn't ship it last week? It's never gone out of stock online, the only thing I can think of is that there was a problem with whatever payment method you used and you somehow missed emails as well as didn't look at anything even though it should have shipped last week -_-. It's not like Gamestop doesn't like money.

#344 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Nothing is worse than the Dark Souls CE art "book".... can't even really call it a book, the pages were falling out of the binding.

The XB book is okay, glad I have a copy for myself but it isn't really anything special.

#345 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

How did you not notice that they didn't ship it last week? It's never gone out of stock online, the only thing I can think of is that there was a problem with whatever payment method you used and you somehow missed emails as well as didn't look at anything even though it should have shipped last week -_-. It's not like Gamestop doesn't like money.

Are you sure it was not because your credit card changed / expired / other? Sounds suspicious to me.

#346 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I just finally received mine and it came with the artbook. For once GS actually delivered on there pre-order bonus order. Now onto playing Xenoblade :D
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#347 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I received my classic controller pro yesterday, so I decided to try out Xenoblade after dinner.

7 hours later, I turned it off and crawled into bed. Lots of fun so far.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#348 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Do you guys think this game will have any price drops in the near future like say a month or so? Or is this one of the games that will probably hold its value for a long time? Since i missed out on the artbook and have a backlog... im not sure if buying it now will be beneficial.

#349 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Do you guys think this game will have any price drops in the near future like say a month or so? Or is this one of the games that will probably hold its value for a long time? Since i missed out on the artbook and have a backlog... im not sure if buying it now will be beneficial.

It's hard to tell with this game, since Gamestop and NOA are the only distributors, so my guess is the game will be available for another month or two, but after that, doubtful, since this was a limited release by Gamestop. Unless Xseed decides to take over from Gamestop in the future and become another distributor, then this game will be rare for many years to come in North America.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#350 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

The cheapest option will probably be keeping it from a Gamefly rental.

#351 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

how much can you make by reselling the game (now at least as the price shoulde go up in a month or so)? I would think the only people paying $65+ are people in Central and South America.

You're probably making $4-5 dollars after listing on ebay. They charge 9% final value fee, so for $65 that would be around $6.20, then Paypal takes out 2 percent, which is $1.20. That's already $7.40 in fees, plus the game is $49.99 plus tax.

#352 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I purchased Xenoblade Chronicles last week and obviously didn't get an art book as I did not pre-order the game. I was able to stop by a local gamestop today and asked if they had any extra art books left over from pre-orders. Guy smiled and said they actually had one extra book and handed it to me :) Book is of very nice quality for free, and I am glad I was able to track one down.

#353 keine

keine

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Already back-ordered on the GS website, eh? wow

#354 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

The cheapest option will probably be keeping it from a Gamefly rental.

you think gamefly will rent a GS and NOA exclusive?

#355 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

They're already selling for above MSRP on eBay. Crazy.

Got the game and artbook. Book is decent, but cool to have.

#356 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

you think gamefly will rent a GS and NOA exclusive?

:roll:
http://www.gamefly.c...nicles/5003708/

#357 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

:roll:
http://www.gamefly.c...nicles/5003708/

thanks for the info

#358 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm surprised about all the ebay chatter. I've been to a couple GS's in the past week and there have been plenty of copies in stock. Oh well, I got my artbook and a sealed copy.
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#359 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

You're probably making $4-5 dollars after listing on ebay. They charge 9% final value fee, so for $65 that would be around $6.20, then Paypal takes out 2 percent, which is $1.20. That's already $7.40 in fees, plus the game is $49.99 plus tax.

9% final value fee is for "auctions." Most ebay listing these days are fixed price listings, because sellers get ripped off like crazy with any item auction that doesn't have rabid demand, which is 13% up to $50 for videogames and 5% above that. Paypal fees is 2.9% plus $.30 for every transaction. I think a ton of people flipping stuff on ebay or amazon marketplace are losing money -- they're just so bad at accounting they don't realize it. A quick glance at the last 10 or so completed ebay Xenoblade transactions and nearly none of them are profitable.

#360 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Yeah selling on ebay is a scam. Buying on ebay is a scam because of the nutty markup required to sell anything. Ebay is a scam, period.