Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#31 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

The cost of having to step inside a gamestop is slightly less than the cost of shipping. I guess.

I finally caved into their PowerUp Rewards program, but the free version (and I won't bother activating it). I rarely buy games from them and I only did it to shut them up.

#32 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

Does anyone know if existing preorders automatically include the artbook? I can't find anything to indicate that the preorder I made back when Xenoblade was first announced for NA will include the artbook, but I would assume this to be the case. I don't want to "cancel and reorder" because, for some reason, SAVER no longer works for free value shipping.
Posted Image

#33 EpochError

EpochError

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

Does anyone know if existing preorders automatically include the artbook? I can't find anything to indicate that the preorder I made back when Xenoblade was first announced for NA will include the artbook, but I would assume this to be the case. I don't want to "cancel and reorder" because, for some reason, SAVER no longer works for free value shipping.

I e-mailed them earlier and got this reply back a few minutes ago:

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com

Even though you order was placed prior to the announcement of these premium(s) your order will be included in this offer. Please note that all offers are while supplies last. We do apologize for the confusion in this matter.

#34 immanewb

immanewb

i haz custom?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

I finally caved into their PowerUp Rewards program, but the free version (and I won't bother activating it). I rarely buy games from them and I only did it to shut them up.

When your job depends on the enrollments - yeah, it kinda matters to them to yammer on about it. At least you cut 'em a break.

In other news, Reggie just announced the winning artwork for the NA Xenoblades. Looks pretty awesome, to be honest.
Spoiler

Lastly, seems like The Last Story will also be enjoying a NA release later this year. :bouncy: Starting to feel like my purchase of the Wii is finally worth it.

I'm tempted to pre-order for the artbook (plus also because of the limited release), but I'd like to see if anyone is able to confirm if it'll be the some 15-page booklet or the more awesome one I heard mentioned.

#35 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

I don't ever recall a preorder art book being more than a PoS 15 page "book" so I'm not expecting much. Still going to preorder it though since the limited release will be worth it (to resell once I'm done with it).

#36 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Damn, SAVER is dead, no way to get free shipping anymore?

I don't ever recall a preorder art book being more than a PoS 15 page "book" so I'm not expecting much. Still going to preorder it though since the limited release will be worth it (to resell once I'm done with it).

Check out Tales of Symphonia, Persona 4, Xenosaga II, Peace Walker. All were pretty decent.

#37 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Glad I've had the game pre-ordered pretty much since the day it was announced
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#38 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

I have heard that from everyone and it makes me excited as an RPG player. As a JRPG fan, I owe it to myself to play this. I will admit I was quite a pessimist about this coming stateside. Just wish it was on an HD console though.

If you have a decent gaming capable computer, you might wanna try Dolphin Emulator, which is how I played it. My computer is pretty low end (Phenom X3 720 @ 3.0 GHz, HD 3850, 4 GB DDR2 800 ram) and faced some slowdown... it was bearable 98% of the time, but really bad during the final boss fight (were it fell to 10-12 fps) and audio issues (stuttering, echoing... really bad!) but since it looks so much cleaner, I didn't really give a damn.

Draekon had a really powerful PC, check out his 1080p shot and specs.

You mean like this?

Intel i7 2600K
ATI HD 6870 (1x out to Monitor / 1x out to TV)
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM (a lot for virtualization needs, but not running virtual shit while gaming)
2x 128GB SSD in RAID 0 using SATA 3 (6.0Gb/s) slots benchmarked at roughly 1GB/s (For Windows/Games)
Built-in bluetooth on motherboard

I haven't played it much lately since work has been hectic, but I only had 1 freeze and 2 small instances of audio screwing up in roughly 40-50 hours.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#39 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Glad I've had the game pre-ordered pretty much since the day it was announced

Same here.

Probably not even gonna play it since I've already put in 120+ hours on the PAL version, but it's good to support these kinds of localizations.

#40 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

Seriously, the game is unbelievably fantastic. I've already played it, but I'm ordering a copy anyway.

Honestly I don't care if the art book is a bit cheap. Considering GameStop is the only place to get the game other than directly from Nintendo, I'm frankly surprised and grateful there's a preorder bonus at all.

That's assuming GameStop actually remembers to SEND the preorder bonus. My Uncharted 3 preorder poster didn't arrive until three months after I got my game, and only after numerous e-mails to customer service.

#41 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

I must have missed the memo. This games will definitely not be sold anywhere else?

#42 keine

keine

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yep, Xenoblade will only be sold at GameStop or through Nintendo's own website. It's a bit strange and very frustrating. (I much prefer Amazon)

Anyhow, this might tempt me to buy Xenoblade a second time after buying the European version last summer. I wish we had more details about this artbook, though.

It will most likely be a cheap, flimsy bonus, but whatever. It's time to put my $25 gift card to use. :)

#43 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Yep, Xenoblade will only be sold at GameStop or through Nintendo's own website. It's a bit strange and very frustrating. (I much prefer Amazon)

Yep. I even had it on pre-order from Amazon for ages and ages, like back when it was still called Monado, and I finally got a message from them a little bit ago that they had to cancel it as they are unable to sell it.

Edited by Motoki, 25 February 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#44 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

I was going to buy direct from Nintendo but for an artbook, I don't mind giving GameStop a little business.

Wonder if this will end up being rare, or sell out and quickly get a second printing.

#45 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Does anyone know if this game has a steelbook edition? I wish Nintendo was doing more considering the praise this game seems to be garnering and the fact that it's retailer exclusive.

#46 keine

keine

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

There was only a steelbook released for France. That's it. :(

#47 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

Bummer, I would much prefer a steelbook over an art book, just because I have a feeling the art book will be small and disappointing.

#48 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Awesome that there is going to be a pre-order bonus! I pre-ordered this from Gamestop about a month ago.

I was debating on pre-ordering a second copy since I have a feeling this game is going to go unnoticed by many gamers given the circumstances of its availability.

#49 Mossygirl

Mossygirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I preordered this back in December, but bonuses like this always sweeten the deal. Count me pleasantly surprised.

#50 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Probably won't be as good as the one from Game of Thrones... but one can hope... can he not...?

#51 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thanks OP I was waiting to Pre-Order this, finally picked it up, great deal with the Art book. I have a feeling this game is going to be hard to come by a year from now. I just hope they don't immediately do a HD wii U remake and screw us all over.

#52 keine

keine

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

I just hope they don't immediately do a HD wii U remake and screw us all over.

I'm pretty sure that you would buy the game again if that happened. I would. 8-)

#53 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that you would buy the game again if that happened. I would. 8-)

Of course, hence the screwing us over and making us double dip. :-P

Don't get me wrong, I hope it happens, but not for a few years. That way the game / story won't be completely fresh in our minds.

#54 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

this seems to be one of those pre-order bonuses that makes MSRP worth the buy. in for one.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#55 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

If you preordered before they announced the artbook, you still get the artbook right?

#56 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

If you preordered before they announced the artbook, you still get the artbook right?

As stated earlie in the thread, you still get the art book according to GameStop. Probably first dibs actually.

#57 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Preordered but I'm still trying to cancel my NoA order...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#58 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Went in to preorder yesterday and they had no record of an artbook. I assume it just hasn't entered their systems yet but is there a precedent of not getting the preorder bonus? I'll be very mad if I miss out on it, and would consider cancelling the Gamestop order.

#59 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

im really hoping people dont sleep on this game and hold off on buying it till it drops into their "sweetspot."

this artbook is just a little icing on the cake, but i cant wait to play this game.

#60 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

im really hoping people dont sleep on this game and hold off on buying it till it drops into their "sweetspot."

this artbook is just a little icing on the cake, but i cant wait to play this game.

For most games I would say waiting for a price drop is a perfectly sensible tactic, however with this one it was a minor miracle that we got an official release at all.

If people want to see more games like this, and if you like RPGs at all you should, then we really need to support it. I don't say that very many times and I'm all about pinching a penny, but I'll definitely make an exception here and feel good about doing so.