Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition 44.99 listed as USED @ Gamestop B & M only

Licasguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Okay, my first time doing this. But this warrants it. Lica and I just snagged the Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition at Gamestop for 44.99, and it is marked as Pre-Owned now, so Power Up discounts apply.

We were at the Homestead Fl. store and they had two left. I know several other stores in Miami Dade County (Dadeland, Kendall, and West Kendall) had them as well, up on the over stock racks.

I'm on the road, so I can't post a pic. However, this is a chain wide price / status drop.

Happy Hunting.

Here's the links and description of the KE contents...

PS3

Kollector's Edition

• Kollectible figurines of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double up as video game bookends' for your favorite Mortal Kombat games.
      • Hand sculpted with high level of detail
      • Decorated using an artful combination of spray mask, tampo print, free spray and hand washes.
    • The Art of Mortal Kombat
      • A 110+ page book featuring original concept sketches and game art from the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat.
    • Retro-Ninja costume
      • Exclusive alternate in-game costume inspired by the original character designs.
    • Mortal Kombat inspired costumes to decorate your avatar on PSN.

They announced a while ago am 'Ultimate' version or whatever with all the DLC.

I really do not need any more fighters at the moment and I already actually owned this game before, I just really want those bookends...

[quote name='iamsmart']1) Awesome deal, thanks for posting it
2) You act like we know who Lica is[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Lica live on the second floor?

[quote name='barrit']Doesn't Lica live on the second floor?[/QUOTE]

No no, I think it's that stuff that they use to make spandex shorts.

[quote name='BrolyB593']They announced a while ago am 'Ultimate' version or whatever with all the DLC.

I really do not need any more fighters at the moment and I already actually owned this game before, I just really want those bookends...[/QUOTE]Komplete Edition comes out next week
http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat...1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330121657&sr=8-1-fkmr1
I'm just waiting on a $30 or less sale hopefully BB does the same deal that they did for RDR & LA Noire($20 DOTD) but I'll settle for $30.

I love how the website says none found when I know for a fact my local store has some. Unless they sold them all in the last few days anyway. Guess I'll have a look when I can. Thanks OP. I want those bookends darn it!

The bookends are the main reason I wanted it, and they look real nice on the shelf. Way better than the Little Big Planet 2 bookends.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I love how the website says none found when I know for a fact my local store has some. Unless they sold them all in the last few days anyway. Guess I'll have a look when I can. Thanks OP. I want those bookends darn it![/QUOTE]
If these have been converted to used at your local stores already, then chances are the extras(bookends, artbook, etc) all went in the dumpster and they kept JUST the copy of the game that was in the Kollector's Edition to sell.

This goes for everybody else who has seen this deal and is deciding to 'wait till they're in the area to hit up GS'. If you want this deal and to get everything the KE comes with, you should go out to whichever GS you think you remember seeing one of these at as SOON AS POSSIBLE(aka NOW).

That is, unless you don't mine rooting through their dumpster to see if they just tossed the box and the extras in there.;)

Thank You Thank You Thank You OP!!!! Waited for this drop. Was gonna get the Komplete edition at $40 down the road but glad to get this at this price and just pay $5 for the Freddy dlc.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I love how the website says none found when I know for a fact my local store has some. Unless they sold them all in the last few days anyway. Guess I'll have a look when I can. Thanks OP. I want those bookends darn it![/QUOTE]

its converted to Used so of course checking stock of New versions is useless. Just call the store and have them hold it. I did and i scored!

I scored one for the PS3. Two out of the three stores I called said they had already threw the collectibles away. I have a quick question, normally when buying used games you have 7 days to return the game for a refund or store credit. How would It work in an instance like this ?

[quote name='dutch72']I scored one for the PS3. Two out of the three stores I called said they had already threw the collectibles away. I have a quick question, normally when buying used games you have 7 days to return the game for a refund or store credit. How would It work in an instance like this ?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing as I snagged a Brotherhood collectors brand new for 25 today.

[quote name='sasukekun']Picked one up for 360 for $37 after employee & pur discount.

Technically, you can return just the game.[/QUOTE]

Hate to sound like an ass....But DEF trying this TOM... I have one sealed the GF picked up a month ago but saw 2 gamestops instock with them today...I really want the figurines/shelves.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Hate to sound like an ass....But DEF trying this TOM... I have one sealed the GF picked up a month ago but saw 2 gamestops instock with them today...I really want the figurines/shelves.[/QUOTE]

Let me Know if you are successful, the UPC's are different between the game and the Kollectors Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dutch72']Let me Know if you are successful, the UPC's are different between the game and the Kollectors Edition.[/QUOTE]

Yes was successful. When they scan the Kollectors it automatically rings up in the system as the used. Bought it wandered around for 10 min's opened it in the car and returned only the game. Guy was suprisingly cool about it.

Snagged the last copy in Creve Coeur, MO. I called ahead, and the guy held it for me for about 15 minutes until I arrived. It was factory sealed, and I paid around $43.XX after Power Up Rewards discount & taxes.

Another interesting note is that Gamestop included a Online Kombat Pass code on my reciept, despite one being included in the game's case. I'll be adding the extra one on my trade list in the CAG XBL Trading Forum.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If these have been converted to used at your local stores already, then chances are the extras(bookends, artbook, etc) all went in the dumpster and they kept JUST the copy of the game that was in the Kollector's Edition to sell.

This goes for everybody else who has seen this deal and is deciding to 'wait till they're in the area to hit up GS'. If you want this deal and to get everything the KE comes with, you should go out to whichever GS you think you remember seeing one of these at as SOON AS POSSIBLE(aka NOW).

That is, unless you don't mine rooting through their dumpster to see if they just tossed the box and the extras in there.;)[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. Yesterday I was in GS to pre-order Xenoblade and an employee was bringing a few of these out of the stock room saying he they had to be opened and converted to used. One of his co-workers asked about the collectables and he answered "I dunno, garbage I guess?", so the co-worker said he'd take them instead! I grabbed one before they committed this act of dumb-assery!

[quote name='soccerboy09']Dumpster diving man. You will find countless treasures[/QUOTE]

While I got nothing against people who do dumpster diving, it's not my thing.

[quote name='Vinny']While I got nothing against people who do dumpster diving, it's not my thing.[/QUOTE]

I completely understand and see peoples reasons, especially when the gamestop shares a dumpster with a food joint. But my 3 closest gamestops are safe havens. 2 have their own dumpster and one shares a dumpster with amscot. They are always clean and I have gotten countless penny guides, figures, and even pristine floor stands.(latest was Final Fantasy 13-2, So waiting to try and score a ME3)

Was in GS trading in a few games (I'm pretty sure you guys which titles) and saw one of these sitting up high on top of an MK fight stick box. Employees didn't even know about the conversion. Was the 360 version sealed in plastic. My trade-ins would more than cover the price so what the hell. Doesn't seem like a hot item on eBay or CL so I'll just gut it and return the game only for a refund.

bread's done
Back