Issue with Vita 3G pre-order at Amazon.com, need advise.

Pumapride

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I pre-ordered the PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi bundle from Amazon.com for $299.99 on Feb. 19, 2012. As of today (2-24-12) there has been no update on my order other than that they have received it. I've never pre-ordered something from Amazon before, is this normal? I assumed it would at least ship on the release date of Feb. 22, 2012.

I tried calling CS and the lady said, "hmm, well it shows in stock, I don't know why it hasn't shipped. You should get it in a week or two."

I'd just like some advise as to what to do now. I don't mind being a little patient about it, but with no update to the status I just feel like it might be a glitch and I'll never actually get it.

Call Amazon again, or talk live to someone. Click help in the top right corner of the Amazon.com page, click contact us, choose the order, type the issue, click "start chatting".

If you chose free super saver shipping that may be why. I've ordered things before with it and it seems like they intentionally wait a couple of days before sending it out.

[quote name='Scorch']Call Amazon again, or talk live to someone. Click help in the top right corner of the Amazon.com page, click contact us, choose the order, type the issue, click "start chatting".[/QUOTE]

I did talk to someone live the first time. But if I don't see an update by tmw, I will call again. Am I not phrasing my concern correctly? It seems like the lady I spoke to didn't understand how I was concerned that something I pre-ordered and WAS IN STOCK had not shipped.

So others have experienced this as well? I did select free shipping option, so I guess you get what you pay for?

Why are you waiting until tomorrow?

Hop on the site, go through the methods I listed, and do a live chat with someone. It takes like five minutes and they'll address any and all concerns you have. I've had more luck getting my issues taken care of with the live chat than I have with phone calls.

Thanks Scorch, I did use the chat option. They basically explained that since I used the super saver shipping it was going to take a little longer to ship. :/

Oh well. I'm having my games shipped too, so I don't mind the wait, just wanted to make sure it was GOING to ship.

bread's done
Back