Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] March 2012 @Gamer $10 Batman AC, $15 FF XIII-2, $5 ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm

• Please log in to reply
3534 replies to this topic

#721 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

The "Gamer rep" or whatever BB calls them told me the only version of Rage they carry is the Anarchy Edition.

Thanks! People are really messing this day one bonus stuff up, lol!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#722 77Pat

77Pat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well my magazine did not come today, hopefully the store will let me use the coupon from an instore mag.

#723 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well my magazine did not come today, hopefully the store will let me use the coupon from an instore mag.

Wait until tomorrow. The magazine has a street date on the 4th, as do the coupons technically. Depending on who you go to, you might get stonewalled.

#724 Liontamer

Liontamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Picked up ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm, and a used copy of Crysis 2 for a grand total of $17.99 yesterday. You can't beat that with a stick. I would have liked to have gotten Crysis 2 on PS3 instead of Xbox 360, but they didn't have any used copies for PS3, and their PS3 used section was pretty sparse all around.
-'Tamer
http://cdnroot.cheap...9087731&thumb=1
It's funny because it's true.

#725 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is it Sunday yet? I'm ready to pick up Batman: AC so I can finally play it!

#726 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

probably been asked 67687675786 times but how are people getting crysis 2 for $2.50?

a pre owned copy rang up as $25 and with the coupon it would have been $15

got the other games though :D time to finish mass effect 2

#727 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

It's months like these where I wished I had a Best Buy near me.

I'd love to pick up Rage, Mass Effect 2, and flip a couple Arkham City's. Bums me out.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#728 Hoffy

Hoffy

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Wait until tomorrow. The magazine has a street date on the 4th, as do the coupons technically. Depending on who you go to, you might get stonewalled.

I almost got stonewalled, the game center clerk was giving me a hard time about the coupon and told me he wasn't going to lose his job because I wanted a deal a day early. I honestly didn't realize the coupons started tomorrow.

I told him it took me 30 minutes to get there and if there was anything they could do. Eventually I just tried my luck at the regular check out with a clerk who definitely looked like he didn't want to be there (the best kind of clerk) and within 2 minutes I got Rage and ME2 for $10 total.

#729 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

probably been asked 67687675786 times but how are people getting crysis 2 for $2.50?

the crysis 2 coupon is for $20 off, not just $10.

also, you must be GCU (gamer club unlocked) to get it for $2.00, as GCU members get 10% off the "regular price", so in this case, they will receive an additional 2.99 discount (reg price is $29.99 for rage), so 24.99- $20 coupon = 4.99 - 2.99 = 2.00 + tax.

#730 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

The previous set of coupons that expire today have a specific "$20 off a used copy of Crysis 2" coupon, and when stacked with the Unlocked discount it brings it down to $2.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#731 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

The JAN/FEB coupon for Crysis 2 was $20 off. Plus if you are an unlocked member, then you get another $2.50 off.

#732 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I went to try and pick up Batman AC early this morning, plenty of copies, plenty of the new magazines but the clerk helping me read it and didn't nitpick at the date but said that I have to be a Gamer Zone member to use the coupon. I thought I read this thread thoroughly from teh start and maybe I just missed that part or maybe he read it wrong. Gonna try again tomorrow morning.

#733 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

too many to quote but thanks for the info everyone

they didn't have the Jan/Feb issue, bummer, oh well

#734 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, I would hate having to do that. Why doesn't BB just have print out coupons on their website :roll:

#735 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

I received my magazine today as I hoped so all set for Batman AC tomorrow\\:D/

#736 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but if I sign up for Unlocked and bring this month's magazine to checkout, will it always ring up as free (current month's issue free with signup), or it that YMMV?

Thanks in advance.

#737 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Just ordered naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 online for store pick up. The price was $19.99 buy on the final check out page it took $2 off for some reason (I'm asusming its GCU unlocked?). I should be able to use my $10 off coupon when i pick it up at the store right?

#738 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

I don't know if this has been discussed, but it's possible to use the coupons towards games even if your store is currently out of stock. All the employee has to do is place an in-store order for pick-up and scan the coupon. I just did it for Crysis 2. I paid $2.17 and it's scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Hope this helps some of you that aren't finding stock in stores.

#739 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I went to try and pick up Batman AC early this morning, plenty of copies, plenty of the new magazines but the clerk helping me read it and didn't nitpick at the date but said that I have to be a Gamer Zone member to use the coupon. I thought I read this thread thoroughly from teh start and maybe I just missed that part or maybe he read it wrong. Gonna try again tomorrow morning.

just purchase at the front registers not in gaming there's no system restriction.

Why doesn't BB just have print out coupons on their website :roll:

My guess is that $5 or $15 they want to subsidize the program. Kinda hard to get people to pay if BB is giving it for free.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but if I sign up for Unlocked and bring this month's magazine to checkout, will it always ring up as free (current month's issue free with signup), or it that YMMV?

Thanks in advance.

Not YMMV that's how it's setup in the system just like @ GS. They know you won't get the 1st mag in the mail in time.

#740 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Just got Mass Effect 2 (360) new and Gears of War 3 used for a total of $17. I'll also add that the Cerberus Network code still works, but you need a EA account. Does anyone know if a new copy of Gears of War 3 come with codes or anything like an online pass or extra content? Just curious.

#741 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

The clerk just saved you some money since Batman doesn't go on sale until tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

The current issue is included in the subscription. The gaming rep should give it to you when you sign up for Unlocked.

#742 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

That wouldn't be fair because what if you just bought the magazine for $5 and didn't buy a subscription? You should be able to use the coupon with or without a Unlocked or 'Gamer Zone' Account. But, honestly you should get a subscription you save hundreds and the subscription only costs $15 which is about 3 mags.

#743 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't know if this has been discussed, but it's possible to use the coupons towards games even if your store is currently out of stock. All the employee has to do is place an in-store order for pick-up and scan the coupon. I just did it for Crysis 2. I paid $2.17 and it's scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

thanks for the info! I wish I knew about this before I ordered Naruto online. I guess i'll try crysis later today.

#744 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Good advice and reminder, I hope it doesn't happen to me but you never know.

#745 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Does anyone know if last months coupons will work tomorrow after they expire?

#746 Os Money

Os Money

CAGaholic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

i work at the columbia, sc bestbuy on harbison blvd, and i got today:
Rage Anarchy edition - $5 (new)
Mass Effect 2 - $5 (new)
Medal of Honnor LE - $5 (new)
Bulletstorm epic edition - $5 (new)
Crysis LE - $2.14 (used)

All for xbox 360 (had to goto lexington to get used crysis, my store didnt have it).

And for anyone in the columbia, sc area. Lexington bestbuy has the largest selection of used games available (its not equal in each store). Also if anyone on CAG lives in the area if you bring the coupons to harbison bestbuy ill scan the coupons regardless of the date stamp. PM me and ill let you know which department i work at, ect.

speaking of which will the coupons not be accepted if they are expired or will they still go through....i havent tried that yet....

#747 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

The clerk just saved you some money since Batman doesn't go on sale until tomorrow.

D'oh! I knew that but it just didn't sink in amidst the hype of hearing the coupons were live and finding the magazine.
But the question lingers - do I have to be a Gamer Zone member for the coupon to work or was he just wrong?

That wouldn't be fair because what if you just bought the magazine for $5 and didn't buy a subscription? You should be able to use the coupon with or without a Unlocked or 'Gamer Zone' Account. But, honestly you should get a subscription you save hundreds and the subscription only costs $15 which is about 3 mags.

Thats what I thought too but since I knew the coupon wasn't good until tomorrow I wasn't going to press my luck.
As far as a game mag subscriptions I don't shop at BB enought to justify getting the mag, don't need more games to add to the backlog either. I let my Gamestop PU card expire because I didn't use it enough to justify renewing it and when the magazines came I would just take a quick glance at them and throw them in a pile.

#748 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

D'oh! I knew that but it just didn't sink in amidst the hype of hearing the coupons were live and finding the magazine.
But the question lingers - do I have to be a Gamer Zone member for the coupon to work or was he just wrong?

The coupon will work if you're a RZGC(U) member or not.

#749 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Has anyone had problems with getting Rage for $20 before the coupon? My store had them marked as $30 yesterday. I'm wondering if they slacked on the pricing stickers.

My BB had them tagged at $30 also but rang up at $20

#750 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

speaking of which will the coupons not be accepted if they are expired or will they still go through....i havent tried that yet....

Typically the expired coupons will scan into the system, but they will NOT provide a discount on the items that they would have when they were valid(aka that greyish box that prompts you to apply each discount/promo will NOT pop up).

Yeah, I would hate having to do that. Why doesn't BB just have print out coupons on their website :roll:

They did for a while with the Gamer's Club free version when it was first started. But that ended when the paid program started. You can still be a Gamer's Club member for free, but you don't get the mag with coupons or the 10% off used/10% bonus bump on trades.

However, it's already been discussed what happened when they had coupons online with the free version of the Gamer's Club(free games after coupon every so often).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image