Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] March 2012 @Gamer $10 Batman AC, $15 FF XIII-2, $5 ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm

• Please log in to reply
3534 replies to this topic

#1591 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Do I have to buy the @Gamer mag for $5, or will the employee just scan a floor copy without making me actually buy it? I'll buy the mag if I have to, but I really could care less about the mag itself, just need the epic coupons. :D

Again, people who are subscribed for the year and haven't received their copy for this month might luck out and get to use the story copy. But if you are not subscribed you are not supposed to get to use the store copy. It's not about "caring about the mag" it's about the fact these are coupons you are supposed to get with the purchase of the mag and not try to get around it because you are cheap.

The stuff people have posted in this thread is ridiculous. If they "forget" to charge you for the magazine it is probably because they thought you had a subscription or didn't know it wasn't free so you should have told them to charge you for it at the time. I guess $5 bucks to save $65 is still not a good deal to some so they have to resort to illegal/unethical things.

Edited by shrike4242, 07 March 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#1592 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Do I have to buy the @Gamer mag for $5, or will the employee just scan a floor copy without making me actually buy it? I'll buy the mag if I have to, but I really could care less about the mag itself, just need the epic coupons. :D

It really just depends on the employee you get.

#1593 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, it's only $5 and the coupons more than pay for the mag itself. If the employee doesn't rip-out the coupons and leaves them intact, maybe I could return the mag afterwards lol. Ultimate CAG!!! :)

#1594 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

we need a new acronym: BTFM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1595 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Man you people are cheap.

#1596 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

If the BB employee doesn't rip-out the coupons, you could sell the mag to a friend for $2.50 and split the mag's price lol.

#1597 emozolik

emozolik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

already own a copy of Batman: AC. can i give the coupon to a friend of mine? or will BB call shennanigans?
Posted Image

#1598 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, it's only $5 and the coupons more than pay for the mag itself. If the employee doesn't rip-out the coupons and leaves them intact, maybe I could return the mag afterwards lol. Ultimate CAG!!! :)

my issue hasn't arrived yet so employee suggested i buy an issue for the coupons now (even though they were out of the magazines) and return it later but then i also know that this particular store is very by the book so i had him ask his supervisor if it was possible to return a magazine.

The supervisor said no you can't return magazines.

#1599 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

my issue hasn't arrived yet so employee suggested i buy an issue for the coupons now (even though they were out of the magazines) and return it later but then i also know that this particular store is very by the book so i had him ask his supervisor if it was possible to return a magazine.

The supervisor said no you can't return magazines.

Why even bother? Go to another store and look for the mag or pray yours will arrive soon.

My experience with Bestbuy is most don't know their head from their ass. I overheard a GEEK SQUAD'R tell a lady her laptop does not have a fan in it. UMMMM, since when does a laptop NOT have a FAN in it?

So yeah, I don't reply on anything anyone in a Bestbuy store tells me.

#1600 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Lol'd pretty hard at this. I think I'm going to sig it.

#1601 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Lol'd pretty hard at this. I think I'm going to sig it.

Bro, really? It wasn't that funny. I should sig you sig'n this :lol::lol:

#1602 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

already own a copy of Batman: AC. can i give the coupon to a friend of mine? or will BB call shennanigans?

Anyone can use it. Or you can be a pal and pick it up for em. I did it for my friend.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1603 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Was able to get on this early Sunday, which was a good thing because when I went to pick up my Mass Effect 3 preorder yesterday, there were pictures of the coupons on the shelf by the respective games with VOID written over them. I guess my local Best Buy got sick of losing money on this.

On the back of the coupons, it states under the Cashier Instructions: "Write VOID on the coupon and place in the register coupon media file".

I'm sure this is done to prevent there use again and it sounds as if they were advertising the coupon at your store but did not want someone to bring up the picture of the coupon from the shelf and try to use it (because you know someone would...)

#1604 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

The dirty deed is done. My signature is now what it is now, and that's the end of it.

#1605 BargainGamer

BargainGamer

Technology Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I visited my local Best Buy and couldn't find their magazine that had the coupons, so I had to ask one of the employee's if he knew anything about these deals. Fortunately a huge stack was below one of the register areas and away we went to pick all games minus Rage, to my surprise they had all games in huge stock minus Rage that was sold out.

#1606 guccibro

guccibro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Just stopped by the Best Buy at Mid Rivers Mall here in St. Louis. Picked up Arkham City and Rage, had plenty of copies on display. The associate told me that had a bunch more in supply in the back they were hoping to get rid of by the end of the week. He also tried getting me to buy Mass Effect 2 cuz they had a good amount as well, but already have it. Let the good gaming begin for awhile!

#1607 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

My experience with Bestbuy is most don't know their head from their ass. I overheard a GEEK SQUAD'R tell a lady her laptop does not have a fan in it. UMMMM, since when does a laptop NOT have a FAN in it?

Mostly since the low-watt Intel Atom cores came out during the netbook craze. Some of them use extended heat pipes instead of internal fans simply because they don't require that much cooling.

ach.png

#1608 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

man you people are cheap.

:D
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#1609 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

:roll:

#1610 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I ended up getting ME2 for the 360 and RAGE for the PS3 (ironically, the other versions for the opposite systems were sold out). I didn't get Bulletstorm....yet.

Not sure if I plan on keeping ME2 or just trading to Amazon for $10.

Is RAGE better on either system?

#1611 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I ended up getting ME2 for the 360 and RAGE for the PS3 (ironically, the other versions for the opposite systems were sold out). I didn't get Bulletstorm....yet.

Not sure if I plan on keeping ME2 or just trading to Amazon for $10.

Is RAGE better on either system?

360 version. PS3 has texture issues

#1612 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

So in this magazine are there coupons for $20 off each version or just 1 with $20 off either version?

$20 off either version of the game but getting to used the coupon more than once is YMMV.

Wish I had a Best Buy near me to take advantage of Rage and ME2. :(

In the OP there's a link to get BB to allow the coupons to be used online. Go there, post & kudo the idea there's interest there & the more people that kudo the faster it'll happen.

Ever since I signed up for this my RZ pts haven't been showing up in my account, but when I try and add them myself they say it has already been issued to this account.

Any ideas?

Post on the BB forums they should have you covered.

Thanks. If the novella version drops to $40 this month, I'm on it.

that's the price/game that'll be the next AC...so + 250 replies 25,000 views LOL I think it'll happen in 2-3 weeks.

You should subscribe for $15 so your not in the same situation month after month. It's $1.50 per mag & your gonna save the $ in the 1st issue right now.

If the BB employee doesn't rip-out the coupons, you could sell the mag to a friend for $2.50 and split the mag's price lol.

Or sell unwanted coupons throughout your sub for the same price & make money all yr long.

4th line in OP

#1613 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

The dirty deed is done. My signature is now what it is now, and that's the end of it.

I'm honored!

#1614 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Probably going to go on Friday while I'm near my closest BB and try to buy a mag and get AC, Rage, and ME2 and flip ME2 and AC to GameStop.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#1615 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Why is bulletstorm listed as 15 after coupon? It's currently 12.00?! Free?

#1616 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

You should care about the magazine, and support it. If stores sell way more of these games at the coupon price than the number of magazines sold, what do you think will happen? The deals WILL end. Don't think it will happen? I can promise you they are already taking notice.
631261.png

#1617 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'll sell you my Airflow controller one for a nickel.

No thank you.

#1618 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got 2 Batmans today and Bulletstorm.

Also found a Metroid Prime Trilogy randomly in Wal-Mart

Score!

#1619 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

Also found a Metroid Prime Trilogy randomly in Wal-Mart

Score!

Lucky Bastard.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1620 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

Got copies of each except ME2 because I already have it. Surprised the store by me had stuff left...they NEVER do. Anyway, I certainly don't want to become a pariah around these parts, but c'mon...I can't believe so many people refused to buy the $5 magazine. That's not cheap...I don't know what it is, honestly, but it seems sort of wrong. Anyway, thanks OP, great deal!