Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals - 2/28

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#241 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wait chat is not supported but sound is... Correct?

Yes sir, they use optical/toslink to receive audio so you can actually use anything with an optical out port on the back of it including a PS3. The chat portion is the 360 exclusive part but according to their website towards the right with PS3 in red if you click on it, with an adapter you can get PS3 chat audio through it but it'll cost you some extra cash.

Edit: If you get this and plan on using multiple devices with this btw, give this a try so your not plugging things in and out when switching devices. It's worked for me and has lasted years, you still have to get up but meh.
Spoiler

#242 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

wow this sucks.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#243 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Great deal on Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#244 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yes sir, they use optical/toslink to receive audio so you can actually use anything with an optical out port on the back of it including a PS3. The chat portion is the 360 exclusive part but according to their website towards the right with PS3 in red if you click on it, with an adapter you can get PS3 chat audio through it but it'll cost you some extra cash.

Edit: If you get this and plan on using multiple devices with this btw, give this a try so your not plugging things in and out when switching devices. It's worked for me and has lasted years, you still have to get up but meh.

Wow awesome post man thanks! How will these compare to my Sony Wireless PS3 7.1 headset?

Is mono price the best place to buy the switch and cables from?

#245 AvastMatey

AvastMatey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Wait chat is not supported but sound is... Correct?

Not sure, I'm just going off of this:
http://www.turtlebea...pter-cable.aspx

Edit: Oops, didn't see your latest post!

#246 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wow awesome post man thanks! How will these compare to my Sony Wireless PS3 7.1 headset?

Is mono price the best place to buy the switch and cables from?

I really haven't looked if there's any better switches out there since that one seemed good enough but for cables monoprice is the best.
I haven't had the chance to try Sony's official headset out yet but I personally rather the Turtle Beach's for the base alone, it goes better with my setup vs the USB dongle for the PS3 Headset.
Hopefully someone else can insert their opinion on sound quality comparison if they've tried both.
Spoiler

#247 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Not sure, I'm just going off of this:
http://www.turtlebea...pter-cable.aspx

Edit: Oops, didn't see your latest post!

Probably could get by with just buying a usb sound card (http://www.amazon.co...D/dp/B0057MCPY0) and a 2.5mm F to 3.5mm M adapter (http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B003LLEG00) to make the chat feature of the X41 work with the PS3. Screw paying $30 for it.

#248 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

X41's are live now for $50 off and going faaaaaast. I already have a pair and like them a lot but yeah, they do pop from time to time and yes it is annoying. I was able to hook them up to my Xbox, PS3, and PC using 4 optical audio cables and an audio splitter.

ach.png

#249 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

The X41s are normally that price on Ebay new.

#250 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey USB cable, I do recommend both products you mentioned. However (at least for me) the audio would always skip with that switch you linked to (seems the actual cable never fully went into the port, hence the audio loss). I actually bought this which has been perfect for me for about 2 years now. Got it at a cheaper price so you can definitely search around.
Posted Image

#251 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just ordered my X41's, feel free to send me X5's by mistake Amazon lol. I'll do everything within my power not to sit on them like I did my X4's.... :'(
Spoiler

#252 AvastMatey

AvastMatey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Just picked up a pair as well since I've been waiting on a good gaming headset. Hooray for Discover 1-day shipping.

#253 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hey USB cable, I do recommend both products you mentioned. However (at least for me) the audio would always skip with that switch you linked to (seems the actual cable never fully went into the port, hence the audio loss). I actually bought this which has been perfect for me for about 2 years now. Got it at a cheaper price so you can definitely search around.

That thang is all fancy lookin! My current switch is alright for now but I'll definitely look into that when it goes since it has a remote and all. I have an older Surround Sound system with one optical in and one HDMI in so I need an optical switch no matter what until I hit the lotto lol, thanks.
Spoiler

#254 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Just bit on the X41. I've been looking for something like this so I can game while holding or keeping an eye on my about-to-be-born twins without waking them up. Of course, wouldn't use it if they were in the other room.

I have a nice Onkyo 7.1 receiver which I believe has at least one optical out. I assume I can just plug into that and enjoy surround sound from all my sources (360, PS3, Wii, Xfinity DVR, etc.)?

#255 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

I went with USB's suggestion to save about $40 haha

Shit I would rather switch cables from the back do the systems than pay that much!

I too bought these to not wake my 6 month old daughter while she is snoozing and I'm gaming!

I had $50 credit and a pair of wireless ps3 headsets to sell so I feel pretty good about this deal!

#256 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have a nice Onkyo 7.1 receiver which I believe has at least one optical out. I assume I can just plug into that and enjoy surround sound from all my sources (360, PS3, Wii, Xfinity DVR, etc.)?

Just keep in mind that if your source isn't Dolby encoded, you probably won't be enjoying anything. E.g., Blu-rays that only come with a DTS-MA track.

#257 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Just keep in mind that if your source isn't Dolby encoded, you probably won't be enjoying anything. E.g., Blu-rays that only come with a DTS-MA track.

Gotcha.

#258 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

now i feel like a whore for paying $60 for darkness 2. thanks amazon
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#259 TheMightySlinky

TheMightySlinky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

just a heads up guys the X41's eat batteries like they are candy. i like my set alot but i think they should have given you a power cable or something. i usually get 14-16 hours of use on a set.

#260 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Awesome Darkness 2 price! You think this will still get you the limited edition?

Well I'm too afraid I'll get the normal version in the mail.... and I've still seen the Limited Edition all over the place so I think I'll chance Best Buy having a copy tommorow. They got it on sale for 50 so why not.

Edited by Darklurkr23, 29 February 2012 - 03:54 AM.

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

Fake Giveaway Report of the Month -
https://twitter.com/JBrunzGaming - "Won" a new copy of Destiny on 9/9 Stream. Still nothing. Nana. Zip.  Beware!  Stay tuned for next Victim!

#261 xeverex18

xeverex18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

AMAZON SUCKS
10AM - Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) $44.99 is not a deal.

#262 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

AMAZON SUCKS
10AM - Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) $44.99 is not a deal.

why not?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#263 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

what was the price of darkness 2, i didnt see it

$44.99

#264 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

My X41's are out for delivery! I love Prime my 2 day usually only takes 1!

#265 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Cmon CheapyD talk some sense into Amazon, you're the only one they will listen to!

#266 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Cmon CheapyD talk some sense into Amazon, you're the only one they will listen to!

No, there is another.

#267 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

should have my new X41s tomorrow.
I look forward to retiring my X4s
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]