Resident Evil: Revelations

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

I tried the Ghost Ship tonight and wow, that thing is tough. I'll have to get to Level 50 (at 25 currently) before trying to beat it because it really kicked my butt near the middle there. Perhaps I should take a Magnum along for the ride instead of a Shotgun next time.

Trench Difficulty isn't tough so far, but it feels like I've been reset to Level 1 given how the enemies scale. Oh well, I'll do 5-8 tonight and hopefully try to get to Level 30.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#32 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

I am currently rank 28 on Trench difficulties. Will be giving the ghost ship another go once I am higher level

For Ghost Ship you pretty much NEED a 2nd player or some uber weapons like the grenade launcher. I got thru it only cause there was a lvl 50 guy with me who had a really strong drake.

Whats everyone using right now? I usually carry...
Handgun G18 lvl 38
FP - 2129
AF - 4.86
CP - 55
Damage lvl 4, Fire Rate lvl 2, Capacity lvl 6, and 2 shot burst

Machine Gun P-90 lvl 36
FP - 1255
AF - 10.40
CP - 183
Damage lvl 4, Fire Rate lvl 2, Capacity lvl 5, Crit lvl 4

Magnum Python lvl 30
FP - 17616
AF - 0.45
CP - 9
Capacity lvl 5, 2 shot burst, Stopping power lvl 4, damage lvl 5.

It's weird I cant find another magnum I feel like spending money on. The stats are always worse.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I like using the P90 for its fire rate, shot gun and magnum (not the python)
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#34 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I cant find any decent magnums. Note the one I'm using is a lvl 30, and I'm lvl 43 :(
I just cant get into the shottys though. The stats always look terrible, and most of them I'm getting now have like 2 slots.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just jump in and out of the store, you will eventually find what you are looking for.

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

#36 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm doing that. The game actually gives different people different odds of getting certain items. Theres a lot of people who have never seen a Pale Rider in the store, but see tons of Hydras. I'll sit there for 10-15 minutes of just going in and out of the store, but never find anything decent. I rarely get better handguns and machine guns, thats about it.

I didnt know it actually did this, but I found a lvl 44 P-90 in the store and I was only lvl 43. I thought your lvl determined the max lvl of store items. Also weapons at a higher level than you are unequipable.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Even though I'm Level 25, I'm rarely getting Weapons above Lv.15. -__-
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#38 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

I didnt know it actually did this, but I found a lvl 44 P-90 in the store and I was only lvl 43. I thought your lvl determined the max lvl of store items. Also weapons at a higher level than you are unequipable.

I've seen this before. For me, it works because you'll rank up sooner than later and have the gun right away vs settling for something with a lower level.

Sell/Trade List:

#39 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

I got to Level 30, doing Missions 5-8 on Trench. I still need to go back and S-rank Mission 7 though. It's a long mission with a lot more enemies. It might require a Co-Op run, to be honest. I'm getting some Lv.20-22 weapons now, although I wish they were a bit higher.

Revelaytons is now my most played 3DS game at 20:54 in 21 plays, 59 minutes per play average.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#40 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Resident Evil is part of my DNA, but I am going to have to put it down for a little while. I too have clocked in over 20 hours and getting a bit burned out. Mass Effect will take most of my time the next couple of weeks. Getting Bit.Trip and Mario Land soon too.

Sell/Trade List:

#41 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I only played roughly 60-90 minutes a day, so I'm pretty content with the game. I've never really tried to overplay the game, which is probably why I'm having such a great time with it. Although it has gotten to that point too I believe, but luckily I have a game that I haven't played in a while that I can also enjoy.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#42 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

I did a few levels coop today. Had to quit cause my battery light came on. But I think I'm lvl 45 now. And I found a couple nice things. I now have a L. Hawk that I like. I put the 2 shot burst on it, it makes things go dead :)

I also found a lvl 9 capacity upgrade, which I was amazed by because the highest custom part I had found before that was only lvl 6. Then the next level dropped a lvl 10! 16 rounds in my T. Hawk :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

I got up to Lv.31 today. I got another Weapon Case Upgrade (6x4) as well as an Armor Upgrade up to 3-A. I'll definitely pick things up for the rest of the week though.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#44 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I played a bit more last night. I only have 1 level left to S-Rank :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

I'm almost finished with Chapter 3. I've collected quite a few weapon upgrades, but I'm feeling cheap and don't want to upgrade anything too early (currently only have the handgun and shotgun). Is it worth it to stockpile upgrades for nicer weapons later? Or should I use them now?
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#46 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

I'm almost finished with Chapter 3. I've collected quite a few weapon upgrades, but I'm feeling cheap and don't want to upgrade anything too early (currently only have the handgun and shotgun). Is it worth it to stockpile upgrades for nicer weapons later? Or should I use them now?

You can remove them and re-use them. No point in saving them.

I got my last S-Rank tonight! Now I just need to gain 2 more levels till I'm 50! I got my first infection mission too. And I got 2 Cornucopia lvl 2 drops, which are ammo regen if you didnt know.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

I actually have a decent Hydra now. I it's not level 50, but it's 4 slots. So I gave it a lvl 9 capacity, whatever the highest damage I had, fire rate, and 2 shot burst. Seems like it does pretty good, but I havent really tried it on anything too hard. I'm lvl 49 now, almost done.

Feel free to add me if anyone wants someone to play with sometime. I'll help people through some of their trouble levels if they want.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hey, guys, did you **** your pants with the

Spoiler

#49 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hey, guys, did you **** your pants with the

Spoiler

I think
Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Wow, just did a solo run on Ghost Ship. Did the 'Real Exit'. Geez that last battle is rough. I think when it was all done I had no Shotgun or Machine Gun ammo, like 19 Magnum rounds, and no grenades. What really sucked is all my weapons I got for it were not very impressive. Oh yippee, a lvl 45 Government handgun, now I'm REALLY gonna wreck stuff. Oh wait, no, everything else I already have is better. I guess my custom part drops were ok though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Wow, this thread died off!

Anyhow, I went through campaign on normal. Geez theres a step up from easy! I love how the last boss can teleport right beside you and you have to just guess which way he is and shoot. I died a lot on that play through. But now I get to try a no herb run on easy.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

That sounds tough. I managed to beat Raid Mode on Trench, but after that I just quit playing. It didn't seem like I could get a good gaming online going, so eh...

Looking forward to Kid Icarus though.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#53 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Wow, this thread died off!

Anyhow, I went through campaign on normal. Geez theres a step up from easy! I love how the last boss can teleport right beside you and you have to just guess which way he is and shoot. I died a lot on that play through. But now I get to try a no herb run on easy.

I've moved on from RE. May go back to rank up in Raid. Purchased Bit.Trip and Pushmo. After I finish Mass Effect 3, I will purchase Super Mario Land 3D.

Sell/Trade List:

#54 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Still haven't purchased. I've been waiting for a $29.99 deal. I should just purchase and enjoy it. Not sure if I should get RE, Star Fox, or Kid Icarus. I need something else to play other than Super Mario and Mario Kart.

#55 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Would it be possible for Capcom to port this to the Vita or is it just using to much 3DS features that it would be impossible. I really want this game but I don't want to get a 3ds with just one analog stick.

#56 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Would it be possible for Capcom to port this to the Vita or is it just using to much 3DS features that it would be impossible. I really want this game but I don't want to get a 3ds with just one analog stick.

get circle pad and you have 2 stick

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#57 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

With one stick it controls like RE4, so I don't see any problems.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#58 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

With one stick it controls like RE4, so I don't see any problems.

Agreed, I got used to the controls very quickly and they aren't a detriment to the game at all. The only thing that really bothers me is that green herbs are hot-keyed to the 'A' button, and I've definitely accidentally healed and wasted an herb during a hectic fight when I didn't mean to.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#59 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, I see no reason this couldnt be ported. Of course that doesnt mean it WILL be ported. I really wish they would give it some DLC though. I mean Samurai Warriors had DLC every week for awhile there, no reason RE couldn't add some new weapons or remix some maps.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Agreed, I got used to the controls very quickly and they aren't a detriment to the game at all. The only thing that really bothers me is that green herbs are hot-keyed to the 'A' button, and I've definitely accidentally healed and wasted an herb during a hectic fight when I didn't mean to.

That was my biggest complaint too (Green Herbs, 'A' button) as well as sometimes when I wasn't paying attention I'd have a grenade selected instead of a knife and when I'd go to smash a box I'd accidently throw a grendade.

Other then that the controls are fine. I have a circle pad pro but I haven't gotten around to using it.

The 3D is nice but not great in this game... to be honest after playing for the first hour I didn't realize 3D was on. A game like Super Mario 3D Land is much better at showcase the 3D