Resident Evil: Revelations

Waughoo

CAGiversary!
rer3dsfobjpgjpgcopy.jpg

Wow really? No thread going for this game already? If you haven't played it yet it's a great game. The story is based around terrorists using BOWs this time, not Umbrella (are they finally gone for good now?). Most of the game takes place on a cruise ship crawling with monsters.

I beat the game on easy already, and haven't gone very far in the next difficulty (god I love New Game+) as I'm distracted by Raid Mode. Raid Mode is smaller sections of the main game with extra enemies thrown in. Your performance is rated on Accuracy, Time, Damage, Number of Enemies kills, etc. The better you do, the more BP you get to spend on new weapons and upgrades. This mode can be played single player with an AI buddy, or online with a real person. Playing through this mode gains you XP toward levels, but I'm not sure what levels for you as you dont really see increase in health, damage, or anything. It may unlock higher level items in the store.

Missions are extra incentive to play certain levels. As you play you will receive missions that are usually like "Kill 20 Hunters" or "Reach Level 30". These give you new weapons, BP, and items. The more fun missions you get come from playing online with other players. Say you do a couple levels with "Waughoo". You might get a mission to go to a certain level where you will find Waughoo has become one of the monsters and you might kill him. Once you get to level 50 (I'm still in the 30s) you can get Infection Missions that have bigger rewards. Infection missions are passed from player to player, so once you're infected you can infect others.

[youtube]IX_IvtmIkoI[/youtube]​

FC: 3823-8524-1626

Don't port beg.

Anyway, I'm up to Chapter 6. It's pretty good so far. I'm also loving Raid Mode (I've done 1-6 so far, S on all except 6). Hoping to play it in Co-Op sometime.

I'm playing Raid on and off whenever I have free time (that isnt occupied by LoL), I really wanna get a Drake. Saw a vid where a guy had one with a crazy high firing rate and burst mods on it. It was like 1 second of firing was enough to kill almost anything.

No, because the 3D is terrible in Bit.Trip.Saga. Get the Wii version instead. More content, soundtrack sampler, etc.

So I beat Chapter 6 today, and it seems like it's starting to heat up. However, I've been playing Raid Mode more and more lately, and I've beaten Levels 1-8 on Chasm Difficulty with S-ranks. It's really fun, despite having only playing 90 minutes of it in-game apparently.

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to beat Spot Pass Missions? Because I got one and I have no idea what it means. I guess if I just beat the given Mission on that difficulty I'll get it, but it's just a guess. Anyway, if you're an RE fan or someone who wants a 3DS game to play, PICK THIS UP NAO!

i like having bit.trip on my 3ds. I say its worth it sub $20. I payed $25 cause these games were addicting a hell on pc. Just play them without the 3D. If feels tacked on to the game because of the frame drop, but with it off the game runs perfect. I like my mobile sessions to be quick, and theres 6 games in the pack.

So now I'm through Chasm, Trench, and the first 3 stages on Abyss... all with S Ranks :)

Even got through Ghost Ship with an S, but had someone help me who had uber weapons. I'm a lvl 39, just 11 more to go then I get the good stuff.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Does anyone know how I'm supposed to beat Spot Pass Missions? Because I got one and I have no idea what it means. I guess if I just beat the given Mission on that difficulty I'll get it, but it's just a guess. Anyway, if you're an RE fan or someone who wants a 3DS game to play, PICK THIS UP NAO![/QUOTE]

What does you're mission say you're supposed to do? Usually the spot pass missions have the person you received the mission from saying the need help on a certain level and difficulty. Once you goto that level you will find a monster with that person's name, and the monster will be a little tougher than normal ones. Kill it and you get the reward. Or rather, you get that mission 'cleared'. You goto the mission screen the claim the reward.

What's weird is that until I started playing in Co-Op yesterday, enemies didn't have names above them in Raid Mode. Maybe it's because I haven't beaten the game yet.

I sort of broke a promise to myself today by doing Chapters 8 and 9. I only planned on doing 1 Chapter a day, but I really wanted to unlock the next said of Raid Mode levels. I'm still really liking the game, although I'm not completely enamored by it.

Still, tomorrow will be Chapter 10 and then a couple of Raid Levels. I should have this beat by the end of the week if all goes well.

I did a couple more levels of Raid last night. Would have been 3, but I think I got trolled. I needed to to the one level in the snow cave. So I get a random to join, and we go through the level fine. Except when we get to that part where Chris falls off the ledge in story mode. My partner just goes off in the corner. I kill everything just fine, but they've apparently decided to stop playing. I cant finish the level because there is a gate I need him for like right there. So I waited a couple minutes, while spamming a lot of "Come heres". But he never moved. I figured I might as well quit now, because he's already cost me the S rank.

So I re-made the session and got someone else. We got through 3 levels without too much trouble, but he is one of those people who have some weird desire to be right on top of the zombies when fighting. Seriously, stay back so you can see others coming.

Dumb Question:

I already beat the game, which I really enjoyed, but I've never really known what the grading system stands for (B, S, A etc.). Can someone explain?

[quote name='GBAstar']Dumb Question:

I already beat the game, which I really enjoyed, but I've never really known what the grading system stands for (B, S, A etc.). Can someone explain?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, usually is like this from top tier to bottom:
S->A->B->C->D

Most unlockables require you to get either an 'S' or an 'A' (from past games).

Beat Chapter 10 last night, and did one more level of Raid. I tried doing another, but I got lost and stopped.

I'm still really enjoying it.

Anyone else finish Ghost Ship with an S? Really tough as you progress, as you're using all your ammo to kill like 1 thing.

[quote name='Waughoo']Anyone else finish Ghost Ship with an S? Really tough as you progress, as you're using all your ammo to kill like 1 thing.[/QUOTE]

I am currently rank 28 on Trench difficulties. Will be giving the ghost ship another go once I am higher level

[quote name='200STM']I just bought my copy how common is the misprint? Just wondering[/QUOTE]

I've seen three version

A) Misprint (initial release) Y-Fold - most retailers got very few of these. I saw no more then four at any given retailer and any store that has restock since has restocked with a corrected version

B) Corrected Version with Heat Seal - I haven't seen these at any B&M stores. I preordered a second copy from Capcom directly via their website. It arrived with the corrected cover art but it looked as if it had been opened (shrinkwrap removed) and then resealed.

C) Corrected Version with Y-Fold - Stores that got a second shipment in after release week, at least in my area, have copies that have the corrected cover art and Y-Fold. I would assume this means that the mistake has already been corrected in the production process and you will find no new copies being made with the mistake so the only ones left are ones that would still be on shelves or in the warehouse.

Again these are just my findings but I would imagine that although not ultra rare it is more rare then I originally thought.

I wonder how you get the Replacement Cover though. Although I'm very content with my REVELAYTONS copy.

Speaking of, I just beat Chapter 11 and 2 more Raid levels, leaving me 14 of 20 S ranked on Chasm. This game is so great. It's not as polished as Resident Evil 4 or as atmospheric, but it's really enjoyable. I can't wait to beat it so I can start going through Raid Mode full time. It's my 4th most played game right now, but it's going to be #1 sooner rather than later.

I cant wait to hit lvl 50, thats when the good weapons start coming. I've played with a few guys who had Drakes, and they look great. I've had like 3 Murasmas now, and so far they've all been worst than everything else I'm using.

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder how you get the Replacement Cover though. Although I'm very content with my REVELAYTONS copy.

Speaking of, I just beat Chapter 11 and 2 more Raid levels, leaving me 14 of 20 S ranked on Chasm. This game is so great. It's not as polished as Resident Evil 4 or as atmospheric, but it's really enjoyable. I can't wait to beat it so I can start going through Raid Mode full time. It's my 4th most played game right now, but it's going to be #1 sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Lol.. well if you got a copy that says "REVELAYTONS" you might really have a rare gem :)

Yeah I liked this game a lot. It's my favorite handheld at the moment and one of the few games I put hours into after I finished the campaign.

I have a feeling though that Capcom will trick this out and port it to consoles eventually

Edit: And by doing that I think it does a big disservice to 3DS owners however I do think this would make an awesome Co-op console game

Went in deep play mode with my CPP last night and I am now hooked. This games is loads of fun. I'm on chapter 4.

I beat this about 20 minutes ago, and while the game was soured on me a little bit by the final boss
The Dodge Mechanic is fucking Broken
, it's still my 2nd favorite Resident Evil game, out of the 4 I've played.

Now to finish the final 5 levels of Raid Mode on Chasm so I can start Trench Raid Mode, and play more Co-Op.

[quote name='GBAstar']Lol.. well if you got a copy that says "REVELAYTONS" you might really have a rare gem :)

Yeah I liked this game a lot. It's my favorite handheld at the moment and one of the few games I put hours into after I finished the campaign.

I have a feeling though that Capcom will trick this out and port it to consoles eventually

Edit: And by doing that I think it does a big disservice to 3DS owners however I do think this would make an awesome Co-op console game[/QUOTE]

If they add enough to it I'd probably get it for a console too. I had RE4 on the GC, but bought it again for the Wii. Really loved the Wii version. Mercenaries was sooo much easier with the Wii aiming mechanic.

I tried the Ghost Ship tonight and wow, that thing is tough. I'll have to get to Level 50 (at 25 currently) before trying to beat it because it really kicked my butt near the middle there. Perhaps I should take a Magnum along for the ride instead of a Shotgun next time.

Trench Difficulty isn't tough so far, but it feels like I've been reset to Level 1 given how the enemies scale. Oh well, I'll do 5-8 tonight and hopefully try to get to Level 30.

[quote name='UndyingForce']I am currently rank 28 on Trench difficulties. Will be giving the ghost ship another go once I am higher level[/QUOTE]

For Ghost Ship you pretty much NEED a 2nd player or some uber weapons like the grenade launcher. I got thru it only cause there was a lvl 50 guy with me who had a really strong drake.

Whats everyone using right now? I usually carry...
Handgun G18 lvl 38
FP - 2129
AF - 4.86
CP - 55
Damage lvl 4, Fire Rate lvl 2, Capacity lvl 6, and 2 shot burst

Machine Gun P-90 lvl 36
FP - 1255
AF - 10.40
CP - 183
Damage lvl 4, Fire Rate lvl 2, Capacity lvl 5, Crit lvl 4

Magnum Python lvl 30
FP - 17616
AF - 0.45
CP - 9
Capacity lvl 5, 2 shot burst, Stopping power lvl 4, damage lvl 5.

It's weird I cant find another magnum I feel like spending money on. The stats are always worse.

I cant find any decent magnums. Note the one I'm using is a lvl 30, and I'm lvl 43 :(
I just cant get into the shottys though. The stats always look terrible, and most of them I'm getting now have like 2 slots.

I'm doing that. The game actually gives different people different odds of getting certain items. Theres a lot of people who have never seen a Pale Rider in the store, but see tons of Hydras. I'll sit there for 10-15 minutes of just going in and out of the store, but never find anything decent. I rarely get better handguns and machine guns, thats about it.

I didnt know it actually did this, but I found a lvl 44 P-90 in the store and I was only lvl 43. I thought your lvl determined the max lvl of store items. Also weapons at a higher level than you are unequipable.

[quote name='Waughoo']
I didnt know it actually did this, but I found a lvl 44 P-90 in the store and I was only lvl 43. I thought your lvl determined the max lvl of store items. Also weapons at a higher level than you are unequipable.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this before. For me, it works because you'll rank up sooner than later and have the gun right away vs settling for something with a lower level.

I got to Level 30, doing Missions 5-8 on Trench. I still need to go back and S-rank Mission 7 though. It's a long mission with a lot more enemies. It might require a Co-Op run, to be honest. I'm getting some Lv.20-22 weapons now, although I wish they were a bit higher.

Revelaytons is now my most played 3DS game at 20:54 in 21 plays, 59 minutes per play average.

Resident Evil is part of my DNA, but I am going to have to put it down for a little while. I too have clocked in over 20 hours and getting a bit burned out. Mass Effect will take most of my time the next couple of weeks. Getting Bit.Trip and Mario Land soon too.

I only played roughly 60-90 minutes a day, so I'm pretty content with the game. I've never really tried to overplay the game, which is probably why I'm having such a great time with it. Although it has gotten to that point too I believe, but luckily I have a game that I haven't played in a while that I can also enjoy.

I did a few levels coop today. Had to quit cause my battery light came on. But I think I'm lvl 45 now. And I found a couple nice things. I now have a L. Hawk that I like. I put the 2 shot burst on it, it makes things go dead :)

I also found a lvl 9 capacity upgrade, which I was amazed by because the highest custom part I had found before that was only lvl 6. Then the next level dropped a lvl 10! 16 rounds in my T. Hawk :)

I got up to Lv.31 today. I got another Weapon Case Upgrade (6x4) as well as an Armor Upgrade up to 3-A. I'll definitely pick things up for the rest of the week though.

I'm almost finished with Chapter 3. I've collected quite a few weapon upgrades, but I'm feeling cheap and don't want to upgrade anything too early (currently only have the handgun and shotgun). Is it worth it to stockpile upgrades for nicer weapons later? Or should I use them now?

[quote name='johnnypark']I'm almost finished with Chapter 3. I've collected quite a few weapon upgrades, but I'm feeling cheap and don't want to upgrade anything too early (currently only have the handgun and shotgun). Is it worth it to stockpile upgrades for nicer weapons later? Or should I use them now?[/QUOTE]

You can remove them and re-use them. No point in saving them.

I got my last S-Rank tonight! Now I just need to gain 2 more levels till I'm 50! I got my first infection mission too. And I got 2 Cornucopia lvl 2 drops, which are ammo regen if you didnt know.

I actually have a decent Hydra now. I it's not level 50, but it's 4 slots. So I gave it a lvl 9 capacity, whatever the highest damage I had, fire rate, and 2 shot burst. Seems like it does pretty good, but I havent really tried it on anything too hard. I'm lvl 49 now, almost done.

Feel free to add me if anyone wants someone to play with sometime. I'll help people through some of their trouble levels if they want.

[quote name='fezlopez']Hey, guys, did you **** your pants with the

Comms Officer? Mayday, Mmmmmaaaaayyyyyddddaaayyyyyyyy......
[/QUOTE]

I think
Rachael was worse. "Foooounnnd yooouuuu!"

bread's done
Back