Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#3511 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Looking forward to the Revelations DLC and Rayman Origins. This last one I might wait for the Summer sale if it's not at least 66% off.

#3512 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Torchlight 2 is still a top seller on Steam.

I'm very curious about how much money Runic has already pocketed.

MARS

#3513 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Torchlight 2 is still a top seller on Steam.

I'm very curious about how much money Runic has already pocketed.

This is without even selling a single XBLA or PSN copy. I think the other thing in Runic's favor is the people who are pissed off about D3 (for whatever reason) but yet they want the Diablo experience or buy it for more of a stick it to the man kinda thing because T2 should not be always online.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3514 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

This is without even selling a single XBLA or PSN copy. I think the other thing in Runic's favor is the people who are pissed off about D3 (for whatever reason) but yet they want the Diablo experience or buy it for more of a stick it to the man kinda thing because T2 should not be always online.

I just see T2 being full of hacked items, everyone with things they shouldn't have. Kinda like what happened with borderlands. Especially if you can play offline and bring your offline character online.

#3515 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

So what are the chances that Skyrim could be less than $40 during the steam sale? It's on sale for $40 at impulse right now and I'm not sure whether to bite or not...

#3516 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I just see T2 being full of hacked items, everyone with things they shouldn't have. Kinda like what happened with borderlands. Especially if you can play offline and bring your offline character online.

It's a trade off. Do you want always online but a cheat free environment or a environment that with the wrong people, have hacked items that shouldn't be there.

Either way I am sure T2 will be a great game and really I wont have a problem with hackers or cheaters because I only plan on playing with friends.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3517 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

It's a trade off. Do you want always online but a cheat free environment or a environment that with the wrong people, have hacked items that shouldn't be there.

Either way I am sure T2 will be a great game and really I wont have a problem with hackers or cheaters because I only plan on playing with friends.

No doubt it will be good. I just lose interest in games that get hacked to hell.

#3518 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

I've played GRAW I and II on the 360 a lot and like them both a lot. They can be difficult on the single player mode, but are a lot of fun multiplayer to me. I don't know how live the community is on Steam, but I do recommend those both.

It's worth noting that the GRAW games on PC are completely different games from the console versions, they are not the same game even though they have the same title. So do not read reviews, count on previous experience of or word of mouth of the console versions to aid you in your purchase decision.

I was going to buy Saint's Row the Third from Shopko, but after attempting to register for the last fifteen minutes and being sent in a continuous loops between address and credit card info I guess I won't be able to. That site may have the worst registration system I have ever used. Very shady.

Any tips on getting through it that I'm missing?

All I can say is check your credit card statement. I once tried to buy Deux Ex: Human Revolution on there and was also always kicked back after entering my cc details. They say they charge you a confirmation fee that they pay you back, and in fact they do that each time you try the cc registration screen. So they ended up charging my card 3 or 4 times, as many times as I tried to get through and they didn't debit it back. After I noticed this (about a month later) I sent them an e-mail about this after having spent quite a while finding their e-mail address I might add, and they promptly payed my money back and added me to their system. Still, after that experience I didn't want do any business with them.

It's clear that their registration process is broken and they don't seem too concerned about it. Also, it seems to me that they really don't want people contacting them by e-mail as their contact e-mail/form is very well hidden on the site, while their contact number is plastered at every turn. Find the site very shady.
Posted Image

#3519 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

It's worth noting that the GRAW games on PC are completely different games from the console versions, they are not the same game even though they have the same title. So do not read reviews, count on previous experience of or word of mouth of the console versions to aid you in your purchase decision.

Wow, had no clue. So are they worth buying for PC then in addition to console?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3520 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

The game has full mod support out of the box so you should be able to basically edit any weapon as you like with the right tools, so expect that pretty much on day one. I don't have any problem with that myself, I would only play that kind of game with a friend, and I doubt it really affects the game itself except make it ridiculously easy and boring for the one cheating. What's the point in cheating in this sort of game anyway?

Anyway, the reason Diablo is online is not really because people could be using cheat items in game, but because they could be selling cheat items in the game (auction house). Or using cheats to acquire better items to again sell in the auction house. It's all about the money, not about the experience.

Wow, had no clue. So are they worth buying for PC then in addition to console?

I've played neither version, so I can't say :)
Posted Image

#3521 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

PC version is 1st person and more reliant on using the squad. Baiscally, it's more like the average Tom Clancy title while the the 360 is 3rd person and more solo run n gun oriented. Different level designs but same stories. Basically just about what type of game you want. PC version of GRAW 1 had a bad rep for some pretty terrible optimization, but modern computers should not have any issue.

#3522 didamangi

didamangi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Strange things are going on. If you look at the steam site

http://store.steampo...ubi_weekend2012

the ghost recon games and pack seem to be half the price they are on the steam client ($3.74 for the entire pack). I haven't tried buying yet, I'm wondering if this is some sort of error, or what

Edit: I tried buying it on the site, it gives me an error.

You sure you're not seeing this because you set your steam store to another region? (CIS region perhaps)
Click the picture below to see my steam profile.

fs_pc.png

#3523 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

The game has full mod support out of the box so you should be able to basically edit any weapon as you like with the right tools, so expect that pretty much on day one. I don't have any problem with that myself, I would only play that kind of game with a friend, and I doubt it really affects the game itself except make it ridiculously easy and boring for the one cheating. What's the point in cheating in this sort of game anyway?

Anyway, the reason Diablo is online is not really because people could be using cheat items in game, but because they could be selling cheat items in the game (auction house). Or using cheats to acquire better items to again sell in the auction house. It's all about the money, not about the experience.

I've played neither version, so I can't say :)

I agree the auction house and pvp eventually. Although d2 had no auction house and they tried albeit unsuccessfully to stop hacked items.

#3524 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

You sure you're not seeing this because you set your steam store to another region? (CIS region perhaps)

It looks like somehow the region did get changed without me noticing. I didn't realize it would be stored by the browser, either.

#3525 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

No doubt it will be good. I just lose interest in games that get hacked to hell.

Understandable but it doesn't bother me too much. You can also police who you play with, make private games, etc. That said, being in the beta I can tell you there are quite a few issues with TL2 that they still have to correct prior to launch.

#3526 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Understandable but it doesn't bother me too much. You can also police who you play with, make private games, etc. That said, being in the beta I can tell you there are quite a few issues with TL2 that they still have to correct prior to launch.

Yeah I don't really have anyone I play this crap with. I played the TL2 beta, it was good, I'm a diablo guy though. I'll get TL2 eventually but it's all D3 now.

#3527 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Cool. Since you have D3 only makes sense to wait for the inevitable $5 TL2 sale.

#3528 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

So what are the chances that Skyrim could be less than $40 during the steam sale? It's on sale for $40 at impulse right now and I'm not sure whether to bite or not...

Personally I am betting on $30 (50% off) at some point during the Summer Sale for Skyrim. I can almost guarantee it will be at least $40 since it's already been on sale for that price a couple of times on Steam, but I'd bet they'll want to top that a little for the big sale.

If nothing else you won't miss anything by waiting even if it just goes $40.

Oh and speaking of Impulse, they are doing Crusader Kings II, which I believe activates on Steam, for 75% off at $9.99 on their flash sale tomorrow at 10AM PST, 12PM CST and 1PM EST.

http://www.impulsedr...ales/spotlight/

steam_sig.png

#3529 vherub

vherub

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

greenmangaming had skyrim for $30 a while back, pretty good odds that some etailer will have it for that price or less in the next couple months

#3530 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Game of Thrones: Genesis is $4.99 on Amazon right now and activates on Steam. Strangely, it was barely mentioned on the Amazon thread; only 2 or so posts referenced it. Does anybody have any opinions on it? I know it was poorly rated critically.

#3531 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Game of Thrones: Genesis is $4.99 on Amazon right now and activates on Steam. Strangely, it was barely mentioned on the Amazon thread; only 2 or so posts referenced it. Does anybody have any opinions on it? I know it was poorly rated critically.

I don't recall anyone anywhere saying much nice about it

#3532 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

I don't recall anyone anywhere saying much nice about it

Yeah, if I recall, last time it went on sale on amazon not too many people took the plunge because of bad reviews.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3533 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Friend of mine bought it during the last sale, figuring it would be at least worth a couple of bucks because he is a GoT fan. He hated it. He has a top of the line computer and the thing chugged and lagged all over the place. What he could play, he was not impressed with.

It was enough to keep me away from it, even though I am tempted by the $5 price point.

#3534 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Has DustForce ever been on sale, and/or can anyone vouch for if it's worth the $10 price tag or not?

#3535 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Has DustForce ever been on sale, and/or can anyone vouch for if it's worth the $10 price tag or not?

It was $5 recently. I would just wait until it's in the Indie Face Kick bundle, I got it for free from a SPUF giveaway and couldn't get into it.

#3536 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

Dustforce is perfect for anyone who played Super Meat Boy.

#3537 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

It was $5 recently.

Bahaha, of course. That's just my luck.

I absolutely LOVED Super Meat Boy. I have a special place in my heart for fast-paced 2D platformers, and this doesn't look to be any exception.

#3538 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Dustforce is now on my radar.

#3539 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

I wouldn't say it's perfect for anyone who played it. I love Super Meat Boy, but as I said.. can't really get into the gameplay in Dustforce.

#3540 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

looking forward to the Ubisoft weekend hoping for these games Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations, Driver SF, Rayman Origins to hit 75% off

300px-Titan_esports.jpg