Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#3631 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

http://store.steampo...com/app/208600/
Lunar Flight is $2.50 for some reason! Buy it and fly around on the moon!

#3632 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

http://store.steampo...com/app/208600/
Lunar Flight is $2.50 for some reason! Buy it and fly around on the moon!

So this is first-person Lunar Lander for Atari? It looks pretty interesting, but bundles have me on the fence about purchasing any indie game now...

#3633 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Similar principle but more complex, naturally. Did the first mission in 3 attempts, very cool. My successful landing on the third attempt:
http://cloud.steampo...8228663B060A61/

#3634 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

re: Installing Bioshock 2 DLC Minerva's Den from GFWL on the Steam version of B2

yeah, cause the steam version still uses gfwl.

And just to further confirm this, I have Minerva's Den on my Steam copy of Bioshock 2 that I got from GFWL a while back when it went on $5 sale. It installed without issue and runs fine.

That's the kind of stuff that gives me nightmares as a CAG Steam collector. Wait for the deal... wait for the deal... wait for the deal... **poof** the game is gone from Steam. :shock:

I hear you. I'm not so much a Wolfenstein fan, but I keep kicking myself for not buying Sacred 2. :cry:

steam_sig.png

#3635 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I got into the TL2 beta weekend. Can't wait to try this game out later today!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3636 fore1337

fore1337

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

but I keep kicking myself for not buying Sacred 2. :cry:

OMFG, when did Sacred 2 fall off of steam?

I bought it back when I read the studio was in serious financial crisis. I got it because I was afraid it would be taken off of Steam. Weird.

My only regret is missing out on Dragon Age 2 (Steam), which was not, and still isn't worth the pricetag.

Games removed from all Regions Stores:
2XL Supercross
4x4 Hummer
APB: All Points Bulletin
Agatha Christie: And then there were None
Agatha Christie: Evil under the Sun
Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
Ancient Wars: Sparta
Atari: 80 Classic Games in One!
Attack on Pearl Harbor
Baseball Mogul 2008
Baseball Mogul 2009
Battleforge
Beijing Olympics 2008
Big Kahuna Reef
Breach
Classic Car Racing
City of Heroes: Architect Edition
Codename Gordon**
Commandos: Strike Force
Crasher
Crysis 2
Dragon Age 2
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Football Manager 2008
Football Manager 2009
Football Manager 2010
Football Manager 2011
Full Pipe
Gemsweeper
The Godfather
The Godfather II
The Golden Compass
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
The Incredible Hulk
Indigo Prophecy
Iron Man
League of Legends
Lineage
Lineage 2
The Movies
Neopets Puzzle Adventure
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Pirates Of The Burning Sea
Prey
Raven Squad
Ricochet Infinity
Risk
Sega Rally Revo
Shattered Suns
Shaun White Snowboarding
Simplz Zoo
Smashing Toys
Speedball 2: Tournament
Stalin vs. Martians
Stargate Resistance
Stubbs the Zombie
ToCA Race Driver 3
Top Spin 2
TMNT
Wanted: Weapons Of Fate
Wik and the Fable of Souls
Winter Voices (Base game and Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009

#3637 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

I hear you. I'm not so much a Wolfenstein fan, but I keep kicking myself for not buying Sacred 2. :cry:

I feel the same about Dawn of Discovery Gold...:wall:

#3638 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

I got into the TL2 beta weekend. Can't wait to try this game out later today!

I like it but I was hesitant to put too much time into it considering I presumably wouldn't be able to carry my character's progress through to the final game. I found the co-op was a bit pointless with random people going all over the map doing their own thing, and most of the treasure chests I came across had been opened and emptied out, but I can imagine it'd be cool if you were playing friends and co-ordinating, like sticking together as a team. When I was on the same screen as someone else it appeared that we each had our own loot so I don't know why those chests had been cleaned out before I got there. That sucked. I think I'll be playing strictly solo/offline.

With this Ubisoft weekend I've been hoping for some AC deals but I really doubt either Brotherhood or Revelations will be 75% off, I think Rev would be 50% at most and maybe 66% for Bro. Not sure I would buy either at those discounts considering I own them on PS3. Let's hope for the best, tho!

#3639 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

thinking about getting Rayman Origins but i wont be playing it for a few months since i have other games i wanna finish, Think i should wait?

#3640 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ubisoft always drops their games. Rayman Origins will be cheaper. I still find the game boring every time I try to go back and churn out more levels in it

This.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3641 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

OMFG, when did Sacred 2 fall off of steam?

I bought it back when I read the studio was in serious financial crisis. I got it because I was afraid it would be taken off of Steam. Weird.

My only regret is missing out on Dragon Age 2 (Steam), which was not, and still isn't worth the pricetag.

As you know, Ascaron [dev's of Sacred 1 and 2] are gone.

CDV published the Sacred 2: Fallen Angel game in USA - and the publisher basically went out of business.
They own USA distribution rights for anything Sacred 2 related still.
Since CDV's out of business, that's probably why you ain't see any game keys for S2:FA go up on Steam and other DD stores [in the USA].

Deep Silver is the owner the rights to Overseas Territories [non-USA] for publishing Sacred 2 products.
Deep Silver is also the NEW owner of the entire Sacred IP...and supposedly got someone working on Sacred 3.

Also, Deep Silver published Sacred 2: Ice & Blood expansion pack - which has NOT received a USA release.
Since they blocked S2:FA USA version owners from using I&B officially, you'd have to work around quite a bit to get I&B to work w/ S2:FA USA.
Or, you'd have to buy Sacred 2: Gold Edition UK Import [contains S2:FA + I&B - UK Versions].

We probably won't see a release Sacred 2: Gold Edition in USA or Sacred 2: I&B in USA, unless CDV and Deep Silver hammered a deal and agreement out of some kind.
It'd be nice if Deep Silver somehow could get Sacred 2 USA distribution rights from CDV, since CDV ain't doing anything w/ it....since CDV is basically out of business.

Edited by MysterD, 19 May 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#3642 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm still annoyed I never got all the Winter Voices episodes before they got removed from Steam. I have the first two, but that's all. :(

#3643 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I really want Rayman Origins, $15 is the sweet spot for me but I think I'll get it on PSN which is/will be the same price

533740.png

#3644 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'm still annoyed I never got all the Winter Voices episodes before they got removed from Steam. I have the first two, but that's all. :(

According to this thread over on the Winter Voices Steam forum, the game series might be coming back. Apparently the old company that published/developed the game went bankrupt. But the writer of the games bought the rights to the project and is trying to get the older installments back up on steam.

He also wants to finish the series. Apparently achievements for the fifth part appeared in the registry the other day, so it looks like it might actually happen.

#3645 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, I had gifted the first episode to a friend who enjoyed it, and I got one of the DLCs in the summer camp promo that can now never be used.

I see from that list that I was lucky to grab Stubbs the Zombie before it poofed.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3646 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

According to this thread over on the Winter Voices Steam forum, the game series might be coming back. Apparently the old company that published/developed the game went bankrupt. But the writer of the games bought the rights to the project and is trying to get the older installments back up on steam.

He also wants to finish the series. Apparently achievements for the fifth part appeared in the registry the other day, so it looks like it might actually happen.

That is really excellent news. I would buy all the episodes if they came back. It's a strange game and didn't make a ton of sense, but it was moving in an undefinable way. It seemed so much like stream-of-conscious writing sometimes, the stumbling thoughts of a fractured mind - like the world was the character's soundboard.

Anyway, I liked it. I'm hopeful now.

#3647 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Assassin's Creed day today on Steam - 50-75% off AC games.

AC Pack -> Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut; Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Deluxe Edition; and Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Gold Edition = $45
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut = $5
AC2 -> Deluxe Edition = $5; Upgrade from Standard Edition to Deluxe = $1.24
AC: Brotherhood -> Regular = $7.49; Deluxe = $10
AC: Revelations -> Regular Edition = $20; Gold Edition [ACR + ALL DLC so far] = $25; ALL DLC each = 50% off each.

#3648 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Sounds like a great Kickstarter project! Especially if he can wrap up the story in one more episode. There are a lot of fans out there who were left holding the bag on this one. I bought the first release (Prologue) and was waiting for the series to finish before buying the rest. I guess people making a decision like mine didn't help the company at all. :-/

#3649 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Jamestown is the daily deal. 66% Off $9.99 $3.39
For $4.40 you can grab the game and the DLC (worth it). It's an excellent shmup.

With this Ubisoft weekend I've been hoping for some AC deals but I really doubt ... Brotherhood ... will be 75% off

It's your lucky day.

#3650 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I know it wishfully thinking but I was hoping AC:R would be 75% off too but Brotherhood is a instant buy because I will be playing through ACII soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3651 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Jamestown is the daily deal. 66% Off $9.99 $3.39
For $4.40 you can grab the game and the DLC (worth it). It's an excellent shmup.

It's your lucky day.

It'll also be in the Because We May sale. I realize it might not be much cheaper, but who knows.

#3652 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Never played an Assassin's Creed game, but was waiting for a good sale. $5 for both the first two means a purchase, and if I want more, I'll get the others during the summer sale if they're apart of it, or wait for 3 later this year.

#3653 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Never played an Assassin's Creed game, but was waiting for a good sale. $5 for both the first two means a purchase, and if I want more, I'll get the others during the summer sale if they're apart of it, or wait for 3 later this year.

you may want to skip the first one and just read a wiki....its kinda boring. I played the first one and have yet to play 2. All my friends tell me 2 is so much better. If you ask people you will find that to be the general consensus...but its also 5 bucks. But you've been warned

I bought the deluxe upgrade for 2 and brotherhood.

#3654 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I didn't have a chance to jump in and recommend Delve Deeper while it was on sale, but others summed it up similarly to my notions. Great game.

Good (potential) news about Winter Voices. I don't remember what prompted me to grab all four episodes when I did, but I've yet to regret doing so.

#3655 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Eating my words, Brotherhood at 75% off. I think I'll get the deluxe. I'ma wait for a better price on Revelations tho. I advise skipping AC1 and start with 2.

#3656 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Eating my words, Brotherhood at 75% off. I think I'll get the deluxe. I'ma wait for a better price on Revelations tho. I advise skipping AC1 and start with 2.

I would generally agree except I think AC1 is worth having because it has some of the more challenging assassinations out of the entire series. AC2 is better all around, but I think if you get engrossed in the lore, having AC1 to go back and play through isn't a bad idea. I found it far more enjoyable after completing AC2.

#3657 BitLooter

BitLooter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Does AC2 still have online DRM? I know they removed the always-on requirement, but does it still require you to be online when you start the game?
Try SwagBucks, where you can earn prizes just for searching the web! I have earned more than $60 Amazon credit so far, and get about $10 more each month just for using it instead of Google.

#3658 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just purchased Jamestown+DLC. Too cheap to pass.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3659 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Jamestown is good - I don't like shmups, but I played this for the Winter event and found myself enjoying it.

#3660 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

As you know, Ascaron [dev's of Sacred 1 and 2] are gone.

CDV published the Sacred 2: Fallen Angel game in USA - and the publisher basically went out of business.
They own USA distribution rights for anything Sacred 2 related still.
Since CDV's out of business, that's probably why you ain't see any game keys for S2:FA go up on Steam and other DD stores [in the USA].

Deep Silver is the owner the rights to Overseas Territories [non-USA] for publishing Sacred 2 products.
Deep Silver is also the NEW owner of the entire Sacred IP...and supposedly got someone working on Sacred 3.

Also, Deep Silver published Sacred 2: Ice & Blood expansion pack - which has NOT received a USA release.
Since they blocked S2:FA USA version owners from using I&B officially, you'd have to work around quite a bit to get I&B to work w/ S2:FA USA.
Or, you'd have to buy Sacred 2: Gold Edition UK Import [contains S2:FA + I&B - UK Versions].

We probably won't see a release Sacred 2: Gold Edition in USA or Sacred 2: I&B in USA, unless CDV and Deep Silver hammered a deal and agreement out of some kind.
It'd be nice if Deep Silver somehow could get Sacred 2 USA distribution rights from CDV, since CDV ain't doing anything w/ it....since CDV is basically out of business.

I actually bought Sacred 2 and its expansion retail through GoGamer (remember them?), not realizing the expansion was UK only. Having not actually played it yet, I haven't had to go through the hoops of getting them to work, but I'm sure I'll try at some point.
Posted Image