Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#3751 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

No but I heard IFK games require a VPN to activate on steam.

I kid I kid.

lol

Not that I've seen. They probably do, one of them at least, but I unfortunately don't have access to such things if they are available. :cry:

Thanks. I checked the IFK site and they have a teaser video that shows quick shots of 4 games. I didn't recognize any myself.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3752 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

And the groupees website is down. They went for a record of uptime this time.

Edit: Back up.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3753 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Do any of those have game lists yet?

Bundle-in-a-Box accidentally went live a few weeks ago for a couple of minutes. $4 minimum and Gemini Rue, Time Gentlemen, Please!, Ben There, Dan That!, 1983: A World's Fair Mystery, Lands of Dream were revealed. That's not a complete list.

#3754 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Bundle-in-a-Box accidentally went live a few weeks ago for a couple of minutes. $4 minimum and Gemini Rue, Time Gentlemen, Please!, Ben There, Dan That!, 1983: A World's Fair Mystery, Lands of Dream were revealed. That's not a complete list.

I hope that's not a complete list; one of the disadvantages to a themed bundle is that the target audience will already own half the games.

#3755 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

I hope that's not a complete list; one of the disadvantages to a themed bundle is that the target audience will already own half the games.

Exactly, I already own all of the Steam games from the list from other bundles and probably wouldn't buy it for the DRM-free games.

#3756 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

I really like the concept of build a bundle. That way I don't have to buy a bunch of games I already own.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3757 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thanks. I checked the IFK site and they have a teaser video that shows quick shots of 4 games. I didn't recognize any myself.

http://www.indiegame...me-on-may-25th/

According to that site, the games are:

Fish & Reefs (Steam)
Alien Hallway (Steam)
Arkhelom 3D
Tompi Jones

I hope that's not a final list, because I don't think they'll sell many with only two Steam games.

Tomorrow is BIAB, 5/24 is Because We May, and 5/25 is IFK. Including today's Groupees, we get four straight days of bundles.

#3758 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

http://www.indiegame...me-on-may-25th/

According to that site, the games are:

Fish & Reefs (Steam)
Alien Hallway (Steam)
Arkhelom 3D
Tompi Jones

I hope that's not a final list, because I don't think they'll sell many with only two Steam games.

Tomorrow is BIAB, 5/24 is Because We May, and 5/25 is IFK. Including today's Groupees, we get four straight days of bundles.

I really think the problem IFK will have is there is no real headlining game there. It's just two steam indie games I never heard of. If they had a game like Dustforce, I think it would be more compelling.

Anyway I just built my bundle. I didn't want PAM or Diamond Dan but at the price of 75 cents, I decided I better in case Steam has them as a summer cheevo for the Summer Sale.

You know you have a problem when you bought a game just on the sole purpose of maybe it will be included as a prize achievement in the summer sale :lol:. Although it was for charity so I don't really mind.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3759 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Midweek Madness
Thief Collection 50% off ($13.49)
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $4.99
Thief II: The Metal Age - $4.99

That's some odd pricing. Do not buy the bundle. You might want to hold off as the third may be added to justify that pricing.

Dead Island 60% off ($11.99)
4-pack - $35.98
Brady Guide - $8.00
Game + Guide - $19.99
DLC - $3.99 each

GOTY edition just announced for the summer. You may want to wait.

#3760 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Would anyone recommend the Dead Island DLC? Or should I wait for 75% mark.

test.gif

#3761 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thief Collection must be borked -- No Thief Gold in it (nor does it appear in the store).

#3762 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Midweek Madness
Dead Island 60% off ($11.99)

4-Pack is $36 making it $9 each

I paid $40 for a retail dvd copy of this game a few months ago, I now deeply regret it that decision since I haven't even torn the plastic wrap off it, its been sitting in my shelf unplayed since I bought it.

O6d6OER.jpg

#3763 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thief Collection must be borked -- No Thief Gold in it (nor does it appear in the store).

I'm wondering if it's in the process of being added. If you type Thief into the search bar the 2nd one doesn't come up. It was added to the store today.

#3764 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm wondering if it's in the process of being added. If you type Thief into the search bar the 2nd one doesn't come up or seem to have its own page, but you can buy it separately.

Or it might be one of those deals where you're unable to buy it unless it's in the bundle. Like the first couple of Grand Theft Auto games or the first two Dungeon Siege games.

Correction: It looks like you're now able to buy the first two Dungeon Siege games individually. They were added to the store a little over a month ago, it seems.

#3765 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Would anyone recommend the Dead Island DLC? Or should I wait for 75% mark.

I wouldn't even recommend it at 99% off. The Ryder White DLC is only a couple of hours long and single player only (even most ardent Dead Island fans found it disappointing). The Arena DLC... eh... I guess it's the equivalent of the Moxie DLC for Borderlands but it's just more of the same. You can kill plenty of zombies in the base game.

Or it might be one of those deals where you're unable to buy it unless it's in the bundle. Like the first couple of Grand Theft Auto games or the first two Dungeon Siege games.

I thought that but it's not even listed as being in the bundle. Most likely just an error that will be sorted out soon.

#3766 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm super excited Thief 1 and 2 are finally on Steam but of course my big question is if it works on Win7-64 because I know these games previously did not.

#3767 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thief II is hands down one of the best games I've ever played. Don't let the outdated graphics dissuade you. Everything else about it is amazing. And if you like Thief II, you should check out the T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age total conversion mod. It's actually really good.

#3768 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Puzzler World 2 is apparently the Daily Deal, though it hasn't flipped for me yet. Should be $2 when it does.

Any impressions of this one? Looks like it might be a relaxing game to play while watching TV or something, but it also could be badnews shovelware.

#3769 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

A Valve rep posted this:

http://forums.steamp...866&postcount=7

Thief Gold is included. We're just unable to get the store page out of beta right now. All purchasers of the Bundle will have Thief Gold included or you can buy it separately from here:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14557

steam_sig.png

#3770 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I saw Thief Gold in the bundle, went to click on it, but it took me back to the store page and now when I go back to the bundle, it's not in there.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3771 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

It appears to be all sorted out now.

#3772 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Valve PC titles are 33% off on Gamefly. It's not the best discount on these games but if you need one before the summer sale starts it's better than full price.

link

#3773 CWest

CWest

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Dead

Edited by CWest, 22 May 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#3774 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Me?

#3775 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm super excited Thief 1 and 2 are finally on Steam but of course my big question is if it works on Win7-64 because I know these games previously did not.

I'm concerned about this too. My plan was to eventually buy them through GOG but if they all work fine through Steam then I would probably go for their deal.

#3776 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm concerned about this too. My plan was to eventually buy them through GOG but if they all work fine through Steam then I would probably go for their deal.

I actually just got on to ask that same question.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#3777 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Just saw a post on the Steam forums from a Valve employee. He said: "Yes, these versions are like the GOG ones and should work with W7".

Good news if it is true.

#3778 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

According to a Valve guy, these are like the GOG version and will work on W7
http://forums.steamp...832&postcount=9

#3779 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

If I didn't have Thief DS I would of picked up the pack. Now though I will wait for $2.50 each for Thief 1 and 2. I got enough to play now.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3780 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I wouldn't even recommend it at 99% off. The Ryder White DLC is only a couple of hours long and single player only (even most ardent Dead Island fans found it disappointing). The Arena DLC... eh... I guess it's the equivalent of the Moxie DLC for Borderlands but it's just more of the same. You can kill plenty of zombies in the base game..

Thanks, appreciate your input. Looks like you saved me some money and from making a bad decision.

test.gif