Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#3991 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, just don't come crying when it's revealed that Galapoints can be used on European sex slaves and you can't buy one because your points balance is so meager :lol:

*Buys 50 bundles now*

#3992 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Actually looks like a good mix of more obscure games to me, I'm just baffled why some of them don't have Steam keys (Beat Hazard and Ninja Blade are on there at least...) Ninja Blade is a pretty surprising choice. First time I think a full retail console game has been in an indie bundle. It was really fun on 360 imo, plus you can't go wrong with From Software.

Anyway, I don't mind tossing in $6, for what you get it's a great deal.

I'm with you, makes no sense that Ninja Blade and Beat Hazard don't have Steam keys. I'll be hosting an eventual happy hour 4 pack, regardless.

#3993 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Count my ass in for a 4 pack during happy hour.

#3994 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, just don't come crying when it's revealed that Galapoints can be used on European sex slaves and you can't buy one because your points balance is so meager :lol:

So I take it we (and they) STILL don't know wth the gala points are for?

I looked but I didn't see anything about it on the page.

Anyway I want puzzle Kingdoms but probably will wait for the inevitable happy hour group buy. When they do those and people get gift copies to give away those gift copies come with the highest tier full pack, right?

steam_sig.png

#3995 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Anyone know if Men of War Vietnam SE is steamworks? I can't tell from the description and haven't used Getgames.com enough to tell.

http://getgamesgo.co...special-edition

#3996 redbot

redbot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Count me in to for happy hour... 'Beat the average' gift copies come with everthing... (yeah so highest tier full pack)

#3997 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Anyone know if Men of War Vietnam SE is steamworks? I can't tell from the description and haven't used Getgames.com enough to tell.

Unlike some other sites they are actually really good about marking when a game is Steam very clearly below the title. If you don't see that for a particular game there it is safe to assume no Steam.

steam_sig.png

#3998 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Not sure if it's been posted but if you pre-order Max Payne 3 by Monday you get LA Noire for free.

#3999 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Not sure if it's been posted but if you pre-order Max Payne 3 by Monday you get LA Noire for free.

It's been mentioned and some people went 'bleh' basically. I actually kind of like LA Noire myself.

Free is free but I can almost guarantee it will be dirt cheap on the summer sale. Those who are planning to trade it may want to do so before that.

steam_sig.png

#4000 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's been mentioned and some people went 'bleh' basically. I actually kind of like LA Noire myself.

Free is free but I can almost guarantee it will be dirt cheap on the summer sale. Those who are planning to trade it may want to do so before that.

Yeah, I want Max Payne 3 but I'm not interested in LA Noire. Just wanted to post in case anyone was interested, I was too lazy to check older posts ><

#4001 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

That and the fact that amazon's digital pre-order had the potential to get a free LA Noire, GTA IV, and Max Payne 2 a few weeks back.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4002 thewasupkid

thewasupkid

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

yes it is at least the copy I bought on Amazon was

#4003 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

I also like LA Noire. Of course I'm a big fan of adventure games, open worlds to explore, noir fiction, that era of Los Angeles, and Mad Men. If that game was specifically targeted at anyone, it was me.

I will also say that I'm really, really enjoying Max Payne 3 so far. My girlfriend has a conference this weekend and the weather was forecast to be kind of crappy so I used my free Redbox rental to pick it up on the PS3. I'm about 3/5 in and can definitely recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed the series. If you can't wait for a sale and are thinking about pre-ordering, you probably won't be disappointed in the game. Unless the end is shit of course... ;)

#4004 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Can anyone answer my question please? :]

Zarski843.jpg

#4005 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Count my ass in for a 4 pack during happy hour.

What exactly is happy hour, and what would the prices be?

#4006 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

Can anyone answer my question please? :]

I haven't played it, but the wiki has some good info:

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Stalingrad

Particularly the Mods sound cool and the addition of new tanks for free.

Then this link:

Talks about the RO2 leveling system. Load the vid and then click the RO2 Leveling "Discussion Topic" and it will go to the point in the video where they talk about it.

Game looks great, Tripwire made KF so I would probably say this game is quality.

I'll probably pick this up at some point, but probably not right now since I don't see myself having time to play it right now.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4007 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

What exactly is happy hour, and what would the prices be?

Lately, the Indie Gala bundles have held "Happy Hours" for a day or two at a time where you get multiple gift copies of the bundle if you buy a gift copy. Depending on when you bought the bundle (day 1, week 2, etc) you get a better happy hour. So people who buy day 1 usually get 4x the number of gifts per bundle they buy.

People usually pool together for these happy hours and split the cost for a cheaper overall bundle.

Good idea, but I do think it is slowly hurting their sales as less and less people are motivated to purchase until the Happy Hour pops up.

#4008 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

I haven't played it, but the wiki has some good info:

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Stalingrad

Particularly the Mods sound cool and the addition of new tanks for free.

Then this link:

Talks about the RO2 leveling system. Load the vid and then click the RO2 Leveling "Discussion Topic" and it will go to the point in the video where they talk about it.

Game looks great, Tripwire made KF so I would probably say this game is quality.

I'll probably pick this up at some point, but probably not right now since I don't see myself having time to play it right now.

This answered everything, thanks man! :applause:

Zarski843.jpg

#4009 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

Here are a couple of Gala keys for the lurkers:

Making History: The Calm and the Storm
: 30WM4-BDEV2-23E6V

Ironclads Collection: 32ZWF-PB74Z-NQ70V

Edited by M_F_A_H, 27 May 2012 - 03:52 AM.

MARS

#4010 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Ironclads Collection: 32ZWF-PB74Z-NQ70

Thanks for Making History.

#4011 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

Ironclads Collection: 32ZWF-PB74Z-NQ70

aren't you missing a digit on that Ironclads key?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4012 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

aren't you missing a digit on that Ironclads key?

Fixed.

MARS

#4013 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

How is Red Orchestra 2? Is there any form of leveling system?

downloaded and tried free to play weekend, wasn't really any fun. Basically consisted of trying to move somewhere, then getting sniped and killed from far away. Would DEFINITELY not recommend a blind buy.

Guardian_owl.png

#4014 thewasupkid

thewasupkid

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

I blind Bought it and I personally loved it not a forgiving game but a fun one :3

#4015 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

How long with the Binding of Isaac be on sale for? Need to run out and buy a Steam card from GameStop.

#4016 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

How long with the Binding of Isaac be on sale for? Need to run out and buy a Steam card from GameStop.

Binding of Isaac is part of the Because We May deal, which ends on June 1st.

#4017 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

How is Red Orchestra 2? Is there any form of leveling system?

I'd highly recommend it. Very fun with a realistic damage system. To the poster complaining about "getting sniped", use cover. It's there for a very very good reason. There's usually one one scope per team and using iron's is the norm. This means you have to get good about staying down, staying with your teammates and not running around in the open.

#4018 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I've solved the mystery of today's missing daily deal post. It's Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy at 50% off ($3.49). Now let's celebrate with hot fudge sundaes!

Touted as the most romantic event to grace the ruined halls of Ireland's Castle Malloy, the Simmons-Mallory wedding was supposed to be a fairytale beginning, but now the groom is missing! Did a banshee crash the wedding or is this a case of cold feet? Can you, as Nancy Drew, unravel the knot of scattered clues and scary superstitions?
Genre: Family, Adventure

#4019 thewasupkid

thewasupkid

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I've solved the mystery of today's missing daily deal post. It's Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy at 50% off ($3.49). Now let's celebrate with hot fudge sundaes!

Touted as the most romantic event to grace the ruined halls of Ireland's Castle Malloy, the Simmons-Mallory wedding was supposed to be a fairytale beginning, but now the groom is missing! Did a banshee crash the wedding or is this a case of cold feet? Can you, as Nancy Drew, unravel the knot of scattered clues and scary superstitions?

Lol I am afraid if I buy it I will be stuck in another crappy eye spy game instead of something like 7th guess XD also have you seen the Nancy drew pack 79$ O.O here is my reaction face

Posted Image

#4020 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Lol I am afraid if I buy it I will be stuck in another crappy eye spy game instead of something like 7th guess XD also have you seen the Nancy drew pack 79$ O.O here is my reaction face

Posted Image

Just an FYI we've had this on sale for $2.99 for the past 2 weeks.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00359FHKQ/

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts