Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#421 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Speaking of Double Fine, I noticed a Double Fine Bundle in the Specials section of the main page. The link doesn't go anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a future offering.

Posted Image

This reminds of the PC version of Ms. Splosion Man, which appeared as a Steam game (Complete with Steam Achievements, in fact.) but later vanished without a trace.

EDIT: The link now works.

The bundle is there...it has Psychonauts, Costume Quest and now Stacking in it for 19.99

#422 unless

unless

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Reddit seems to think the St. Patrick's Day Bundle is going to have:

Hard Reset or Twin Sector (depends if hard reset is added to desura on launch of the bundle)
Jolly Rover
Vertex Dispenser
DLC Quest
Lair of Evildoer

#423 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Reddit seems to think the St. Patrick's Day Bundle is going to have:

Hard Reset or Twin Sector (depends if hard reset is added to desura on launch of the bundle)
Jolly Rover
Vertex Dispenser
DLC Quest
Lair of Evildoer

E.Y.E was another guess at the FPS....Indie Royale seems to love putting games that use the source engine in their bundles

#424 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

For what it's worth, I dug into my Steam backlog recently.

Metro 2033 - Utterly boring. Some decent atmosphere but I haven't been railroaded this hard since CoD or HL2Ep2. The ENTIRE GAME was just waiting for slow walking Russians to get from point A to point B. The few segments where you were allowed to play the game almost worked but by the time they got going, you were leashed again and made to just walk along with slow moving Russians again.

Singularity - Raven makes fun games. Even with the Activision CoD yoke breathing down on them and their inability to really ever make something memorable, I've not been disappointed with any of their games I've dug up, and Singularity is no exception. of course, if you thought Wolfenstein 2009 was an affront to your gaming senses, Singularity will not convince you otherwise.

With regard the Indie Royale bundle...

DLC Quest - A 20 minute extended joke with one really funny punchline and a bunch of stock obvious humor

Hard Reset - Definitely explosive. But it's a pretty boring substitute for Serious Sam. Stick with SS.

#425 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Metro 2033 is an adventure game, not a shooter. It's got the atmosphere, and you're not super-powered - your only real advantage against the other humans is infinite reloads. :P But yes, completely linear (which wastes its impressive "feel", I think) and... well, if you're expecting a shooter, that would probably shape your impressions!

Coincidentally, I fired it up again myself yesterday for a second playthrough, and it's pleasing, even though I'm only playing the 360 version. On PC it can probably be missed entirely - if you want similar post-nuclear Russian atmosphere combined with decent shooting, some freedom, and some inventory management, there are three better games (yes, even Clear Sky is "better" than Metro 2033). But it's got a good basis for an excellent sequel. I'm not even sure I want them to tighten up the waiting/walking, as it's a refreshing experience compared to the dozens of games that would stick in hundreds of QTEs and the occasional cleavage shot instead.

#426 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

Sanctum with its all DLC 75% OFF at gamersgate, steam redeemable except the soundtrack

http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle

If you have additional IGN 15%OFF, the collection bundle only cost $4.68

As an update, I went ahead and bought the Sanctum Collection to add it to my wife's account for $4.68 after discounts.

I misunderstood pinkgun's post and thought the soundtrack wasn't included, but it is, just not as a Steam activation. Heckuva deal overall. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

#427 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Metro 2033 - Utterly boring. Some decent atmosphere but I haven't been railroaded this hard since CoD or HL2Ep2. The ENTIRE GAME was just waiting for slow walking Russians to get from point A to point B. The few segments where you were allowed to play the game almost worked but by the time they got going, you were leashed again and made to just walk along with slow moving Russians again.

As a counter-perspective, this is what sold me on the game. It gave you time to soak in the atmosphere, and gave the game pacing. If it was just a go-go-go kind of action game, a lot of the game would have gotten lost along the way.

InMomentum, the daily deal, was a decent game, but falls way short of a 9.99 release and is still hard to recommend at 4.99. If you were a huge fan of CounterStrike jump maps, you'll probably get in to it. Otherwise, I don't think the mechanics will grip most people. With no actual reason to play other than "get a high score," the game didn't keep me for long.

#428 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Singularity - Raven makes fun games. Even with the Activision CoD yoke breathing down on them and their inability to really ever make something memorable, I've not been disappointed with any of their games I've dug up, and Singularity is no exception. of course, if you thought Wolfenstein 2009 was an affront to your gaming senses, Singularity will not convince you otherwise.

Wait a minute. You're suggesting that Singularity won't change how I feel about Wolfenstein?

#429 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

As a counter-perspective, this is what sold me on the game. It gave you time to soak in the atmosphere, and gave the game pacing. If it was just a go-go-go kind of action game, a lot of the game would have gotten lost along the way.

Stalker did not need to tie you to slow moving Russians all the time. It let you explore what little they provided at your own pace. Not that Stalker doesn't have its own problems though. I'm not asking for Metro to be a go go action game. Hell, it felt like it was trying to be Call of Duty with all the monotonous team shooting segments.

Wait a minute. You're suggesting that Singularity won't change how I feel about Wolfenstein

About Raven. Sorry.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#430 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

Daily Deal

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box $4.99 75% off

#431 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

It's been a long time since I played a burnout game and for $5 I am very tempted. Any reasons I shouldn't pick up the game?

#432 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

La noire 14.99 50% off for mid week madness

#433 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's been a long time since I played a burnout game and for $5 I am very tempted. Any reasons I shouldn't pick up the game?

A lot of the DLC is missing in the PC version, and I've heard the online multiplayer for PC is pretty much dead, although I could be wrong. I would suggest getting it for PS3/360 instead if you care about that.

#434 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

So Railworks Train Simulator is doing 'March Madness' with a different deal each day. Couldn't quite make out for how many days, but at any rate if you go to the main Railworks page on Steam each day there should be a link to the special.

http://store.steampo...ilSimulator.com

Today's is the Class 325 add-on 75% off at $4.99.

#435 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Another midweek madness

Orcs Must Die! $3.74 75% off
Orcs Must Die! DLC $0.62-$0.99 each 75% off

#436 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Really want L.A. Noire (despite what I've been told) but it's been cheaper. Guess I'll keep waiting.

#437 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Another midweek madness

Orcs Must Die! $3.74 75% off
Orcs Must Die! DLC $0.62-$0.99 each 75% off

Well there goes the trade value of my copy of Orcs Must Die.

#438 Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Dark Queen of Sales

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ohh I was just saying I needed to start on my backlog before I picked up anything else but I really want Burnout Paradise. Gah, decisions, decisions. Even with missing DLC and dead multiplayer, it still looks pretty good to me for the price.

76561198009717119.png

#439 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

My favorite Paradise DLC is the toy cars. If that's not on PC then it's a deal breaker! Are the visuals any better on PC vs PS3? I've 100%'d the game twice but I would still consider buying it again if the graphics are better.

#440 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

My favorite Paradise DLC is the toy cars. If that's not on PC then it's a deal breaker! Are the visuals any better on PC vs PS3? I've 100%'d the game twice but I would still consider buying it again if the graphics are better.

It was available but I guess no longer accessible since you can't purchase them anymore :(

I will miss the hovering DeLorean :(
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#441 Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Dark Queen of Sales

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Well, I ended up grabbing Burnout. Then I peeked around the Steam forums and found this post about the MP portion: *deleted old incorrect link*

Edit: Whoops! Disregard the link I posted earlier. Looks like that guy was wrong. I just found some other people saying the MP is fully functional. :lol: http://forums.steamp...=2595987&page=3

Edited by Angel.9 Rakou Cobra, 13 March 2012 - 10:25 PM.

76561198009717119.png

#442 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Facekick bundle pre-order is supposed to be going up soon. Like within hours soon.

Also there might be a new HB soon, like this week soon, but I really can't say more than that. Sorry.

#443 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

The Burnout Paradise devs are probably the only ones on the planet that developed for PS3 as the lead platform, so you've already got the best experience the game has to offer.

Edited by shrike4242, 13 March 2012 - 08:09 PM.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#444 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Also there might be a new HB soon, like this week soon, but I really can't say more than that. Sorry.

Why can't you say anything? Do you have more info than the recent inclusion of a Humble Bundle 6 in the Steam registry or are you just trying to sound mysterious?

http://marlamin.com/...pe=sub&id=13734

I'm hoping that it contains Wizorb which isn't in the store but was also recently added to the Steam registry.

#445 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

It was available but I guess no longer accessible since you can't purchase them anymore :(

I will miss the hovering DeLorean :(

I looked on Origin, it's $10 and no DLC either, just the Ultimate Box. I think it was the Ultimate Bundle that included all the DLC on PS3, Box just includes the free updates and I think the party pack.

Oh, apparently the one with most of the DLC was called Complete Edition. I recall there were 3 editions on PS3 and a bunch of people bought the wrong one due to poor descriptions on PS store.

Hmm, there is a hack to get the DLC cars unlocked in the game: http://www.gamerhint...arsunlocker.htm I don't think this should be considered pirating or whatever cause you can no longer purchase them for PC.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 13 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#446 amundsjm

amundsjm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm dropping in to say I really, really recommend Orcs Must Die!!! For a downloadable title on consoles and PC, it has tremendous production value in a little package. Providing that you don't use any guides or videos to help you along the way it has a pretty good challenge and is the best example of interactive tower defense, even far better than Dungeon Defenders in my opinion. Plus, it's a great stress reliever after a day at work to see orcs burning to cinders, crying out for mercy, getting sucked into spinning grinders, etc.

The downsides are really that the leaderboards are full of hacked scores at the top, it isn't being supported very much now, and the lack of a custom map or endless mode is really disappointing once you get into the thick of things.

#447 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

IndieFaceKick preorders are going live very soon (today) at www.indiefacekick.com. The bundle includes Sol Survivor, Still Life 2, Booster Trooper, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, Avencast, Dead Horde, Runespell Overture, and Greed: Black Border.

http://i.imgur.com/vSCL1.jpg
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#448 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Not much talk about LA Noire - I haven't played the PC version, only PS3, so I have no opinion on how it runs, etc. However, I'll say that second half of the game is a lot better than the first. There is a case in particular which almost seems out of place, and has a lot of action elements that don't really exist elsewhere. That's the case that got me back into the game to finish it out - and somehow, someway, the last 2 desks you work totally make sense at the end. IMO it's worth playing, but not as a completionist - finding all the crap scattered around doesn't get you anything.
Posted Image

#449 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

As an update, I went ahead and bought the Sanctum Collection to add it to my wife's account for $4.68 after discounts.

I misunderstood pinkgun's post and thought the soundtrack wasn't included, but it is, just not as a Steam activation. Heckuva deal overall. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

You can buy the OST in FLAC for half a buck (or more if you wish) over here.

http://coffeestainst...s.bandcamp.com/

foxhack.jpg
List your game collection at VGCollect! It's free! Come, we have cookies!

#450 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I played Burnout for the first time 3 years ago, only the single player, and thought it was a lot of fun. I must have played about 10 hours or so, have not finished it yet.

As for LA Noire, I think it's a must for film noir fans. There's good writing and acting in it. It's more of an interactive movie kind of game, there's some exploration and a bit of shooting but nothing too challenging. The story keeps you interested enough to go on. Each case takes about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, and there must be about 20 cases in the game, including the DLC.

The downside for me is the interview section, a good idea but it drives me frigging mad sometimes, as the choice between Doubt and Lie is not always clear. Also, non skippable cutscenes are very annoying.

Performance-wise, LA Noire is a bit sluggish on my desktop (Core i7 2600, 8GB Ram, GTX 560ti), it's better with the new DirectX 11 patch but it should be a lot smoother.