Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#31 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition is on sale at Amazon again for $10.19
It activates on Steam

FYI: Steam just matched it if anyone wants to skip a step and buy it straight from there.

#32 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I thought this day would never come. It's almost hard to believe we won't be on pages in the hundreds for a while.

Great thread as always EastX!

fs_overall.png

#33 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

RFA is mediocre but not bad. It's an average shootan game with some decent ideas.

By the way, picked up Darkness 2 for $25 from Amazon. Great fun that. It's got console-port issues but still runs well and is good fun
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#34 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

FYI: Steam just matched it if anyone wants to skip a step and buy it straight from there.

That's interesting. Good to see Steam responding to Amazon's prices that quickly.
edit: Augmented is still ~$13 on Steam and the Amazon rep here just said the ~$10 price @amazon was a mistake and will be corrected soon.

Cheers to eastx! The Steam Deal Thread is dead. Long live the Steam Deal Thread.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#35 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yay! New Thread!

I'm really tempted to get the two indie Serious Sam games - I have Episode 1 & 2 and am really enjoying them - would love to get 3 or the indie games, but I just can't justify the cost at the moment...

#36 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Cool, new thread.

Anyone on the fence about Payday or Deus Ex should get them from Amazon now. Both are well worth the asking price.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#37 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Daily Deal is Eufloria for $3.74

#38 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Most of what I have has been of limited usefulness. The only game-specific one I have left (Worms Crazy Golf) I plan on using. The rest are under 50% discounts.
Posted Image

#39 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thanks eastx! As a new PC gamer I'm learning to love this steam thread haha, so thanks!

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#40 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Eufloria has been in an Indie Royale bundle before, but for those who have not played it, I really like Eufloria. To describe Eufloria, it's a simplistic yet peaceful RTS game.

Basically you start with a planet who builds little attack things. Each planet produces attack things with different stats (energy, speed and power I think), and your goal is to go and basically go star wars on another planet, killing every lifeform till you take it over (and win by basically killing every other lifeform on the map). It's a simplistic RTS, but it's one that you don't really need any RTS know how to play. It's also a very nice, calming game with relaxing music and all.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#41 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Eufloria has been in an Indie Royale bundle before, but for those who have not played it, I really like Eufloria. To describe Eufloria, it's a simplistic yet peaceful RTS game.

Basically you start with a planet who builds little attack things. Each planet produces attack things with different stats (energy, speed and power I think), and your goal is to go and basically go star wars on another planet, killing every lifeform till you take it over (and win by basically killing every other lifeform on the map). It's a simplistic RTS, but it's one that you don't really need any RTS know how to play. It's also a very nice, calming game with relaxing music and all.

I havent played much but it seemed to have a galcon-type thing going on.
the visuals and music were notable too.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#42 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks EastX for all the work you do in the thread!

Hoping for some great Steam deals for the rest of the year. :)

I'm hoping for an Ocs Must Die, Shogun 2, or STORM Frontline Nation sale before March 1st.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Eufloria is really beautiful, both aurally and aesthetically. However, I think the gameplay is the weakest element of the game. I still recommend it though.

MARS

#44 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Aw, the day I sleep in is the day the new Steam thread goes up ;-) Guess page 3 will have to do. Hoping for a steam sale on Amalur soon.

#45 Miracleman

Miracleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Guess I'd better plant the flag (so to speak) in this topic.

Thanks for all your hard work eastx.

#46 Freedom Fries

Freedom Fries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Helloooo new thread

#47 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Anyone know if all the bugs in Stronghold 3 got fixed?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#48 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I enjoyed Eufloria as well, but I'm not sure I'd spend $3.74 on it. I'd say wait for it to go on sale a little farther (Summer, maybe?) and then look at it.

I enjoy RTS games and I thought this one was nice enough, but it almost crosses the elegantly simplistic threshold and enters into merely simplistic. There's not much to it and it's a game, for me at least, that I can play for 30 minutes or so and then put it down for a month.

#49 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

A new thread is pretty exciting.

Maybe I'll start posting in here again.

#50 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

still the awesomest

#51 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just posting to get it subscribed. :D

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#52 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Eufloria looks like Electroplankton.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#53 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anyone know if all the bugs in Stronghold 3 got fixed?

Honestly, it's such a terrible game that's so dated looking would it really help?

I tried it early on and couldn't motivate myself to ever go back to it, though I did notice it get updated a couple of times in downloads.

#54 IceColb

IceColb

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

I approve of this thread!

#55 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'd just like to make my mark on this new thread.

Also, Eufloria is a good title, but only if it's under $2.

#56 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

It's... okay... here's what I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago:

Eufloria's pacing was way out of whack when I played it a little over a year ago. The game would be so slow for the first 15 minutes or so of a level that I pretty much just left it running in the background while I did other stuff, then it became pretty hectic as I had to micromanage each one of my little guys to move to/attack a certain planet, making sure they're not killing themselves in minefields, etc.
The atmosphere was nice, BUT the game was so much easier played zoomed out that all the nice visuals and atmospheric elements are just not present. It loses its charm this way. That, coupled with all that micromanagement makes it pretty repetitive too.
Again that was more than a year ago. I'm not sure if it's become any better, but from what I saw I can only give the game maybe a 5 or 6/10.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#57 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

I'd just like to make my mark on this new thread.

So you basically came in here to pee on the thread. Nice ;)

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#58 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

So you basically came in here to pee on the thread. Nice ;)

Were you unaware of the corner reserved for that? Its the least crowded part of the room generally.......:lol:
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#59 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

On the topic of the new thread:

Posted Image

On the topic of Eufloria:

Really aesthetically nice, but I was not impressed with the gameplay for the first 8 or so missions. Maybe I didn't get in to it enough to find depth though.

#60 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Eufloria is really beautiful, both aurally and aesthetically. However, I think the gameplay is the weakest element of the game. I still recommend it though.

The game play is so uneventful that it's difficult to enjoy the beauty of the game.