Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#841 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Haven't played a Lara Croft game since the PSX days, not including a little time I spent with Anniversary. How are the more recent ones faring? I love Arkham City/Asylum and the Assassins Creed series. How do the Tomb Raiders stack up?

The Tomb Raider games are more similar to Prince of Persia, they're 3D platformers with puzzle solving, acrobatics and occasional combat. I'd rank them Anniversary, Underworld and Legend, but they are all good games.

Guardian of Light is different, it's top down and isometric, but it's very much in the same spirit and also a lot of fun. And it has coop.

#842 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Advance warning for anybody thinking about purchasing Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. There's pretty much a game-breaking bug which doesn't look like a) it's been fixed or b) it will be fixed.

Part of the game has you building "walls", basically three characters of the same class/colour in a row. You do it as early as the second tutorial.

The bug is that once you build a wall, you can't do anything else. You can't even skip the bloomin' turn. It's massively inconvenient to the point where I can't play it properly.

Annoying.

NB - It seems to be affecting Windows 7 64-bit users primarily.

#843 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Advance warning for anybody thinking about purchasing Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. There's pretty much a game-breaking bug which doesn't look like a) it's been fixed or b) it will be fixed.

Part of the game has you building "walls", basically three characters of the same class/colour in a row. You do it as early as the second tutorial.

The bug is that once you build a wall, you can't do anything else. You can't even skip the bloomin' turn. It's massively inconvenient to the point where I can't play it properly.

Annoying.

NB - It seems to be affecting Windows 7 64-bit users primarily.

I use Win7 x64 and my girlfriend hasn't haven't had this problem at all while playing through the game. She played through the entire campaign and quite a few rounds of multiplayer, both online and hotseat. Not saying that the bug doesn't exist, but it might only affect certain users.

#844 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I use Win7 x64 and my girlfriend hasn't haven't had this problem at all while playing through the game. She played through the entire campaign and quite a few rounds of multiplayer, both online and hotseat. Not saying that the bug doesn't exist, but it might only affect certain users.

There's a post from a company rep on the Steam forums which says that a "patch is imminent". Lo and behold, a patch was delivered, back in September.

Nothing since :(

I've posted a new thread but I'm not hopeful.

#845 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Frankie's Bride

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Steam just added a 50% off coupon for Assassin's Creed Revelations to my inventory not exactly sure why they gave it to me, has anybody gotten any other coupons recently?

btw the coupon is valid from March 21 to April 1st

533740.png

#846 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Steam just added a 50% off coupon for Assassin's Creed Revelations to my inventory not exactly sure why they gave it to me, has anybody gotten any other coupons recently?

Yeah, there were two coupons out in the last couple of days. I got Ass Creed as well. I just figured it was because it was in my wishlist, but I've heard of people getting it even if they already owned the game.

#847 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Here's my take.

TRL was good fun. It was a bit of a low-rent Uncharted, but just an enjoyable game.

TRA is a remake of Tomb Raider 1 with TRL's engine, polish, and design principles. The result is what I thought was a great mix of old school crafty puzzles and new school unfrustrating design. Much less action. Lara is alone in this one so you lose the zany Brits in Lara's head but you also lose Lara's characterization which I so loved in TRL. In fact, I liked both of those aspects but lots of people complained.

Haven't played TRU. I think by then I was bored of the series and couldn't stand the idea of TR-style underwater levels.

Guardian of Light is fantastic. It's a top down shooter with some good platforming and puzzles. It's great in SP and absolutely dynamite in co-op with all kinds of clever co-op puzzles.

GoL's DLC is rather weak. Each pack contains four maps which aren't more than one big room. Generally it's two survival rooms, one puzzle room (Which is literally just one or two puzzles), and one chase room (A la the end level collapsing floor chases.). Sometimes the second chase room is a puzzle room. I had no trouble buying them because I loved GoL so much but they definitely are skippable
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#848 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, there were two coupons out in the last couple of days. I got Ass Creed as well. I just figured it was because it was in my wishlist, but I've heard of people getting it even if they already owned the game.

Arrg, I still want a MM: Clash of Heroes coupon, I have an Assassin's Creed: Revelations already. Steam hasn't sent me anything, I only have the AC: Revelations coupon, cause bubzers was good enough to send me one. Anybody have an extra?

#849 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

Subsoap, the people who make Faerie Solitaire, are giving away 25,000 copies on Steam Gifts. I don't know what the current registration requirements are for people who don't have accounts yet, but check it out.

http://www.steamgift...aerie-solitaire

#850 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

What are the chances Kane & Lynch get a daily at 75% off? I'd pick them both up at less than $4.

Edit: I see they both have ~60 metacritic scores. I knew they weren't stars, so maybe I'm just dying for 3rd person shooting. When's Max Payne coming out? (5/29)

Edited by pantsattack, 24 March 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#851 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

Subsoap, the people who make Faerie Solitaire, are giving away 25,000 copies on Steam Gifts. I don't know what the current registration requirements are for people who don't have accounts yet, but check it out.

http://www.steamgift...aerie-solitaire

Just found them out. You have to have at least $50 worth of stuff. So if you bought the current Humble Bundle, Indie Royale, and one Tomb Raider game (excluding Legends) for roughly $10, you'd be set. That's double the cost of the giveaway item, but still.

#852 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

Just found them out. You have to have at least $50 worth of stuff. So if you bought the current Humble Bundle, Indie Royale, and one Tomb Raider game (excluding Legends) for roughly $10, you'd be set. That's double the cost of the giveaway item, but still.

Okay, then any regulars in here should definitely qualify. I registered when it was still invite only and I believe it was $50 then as well but I wasn't sure if they'd upped it or added any other requirements when it opened up to everyone.

#853 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Faerie Solitaire is really fun if you like Solitaire. It's got a great zen-like flow when you start getting to use the powerups. The biggest disappointment in the game is that the pets don't do a single thing and it's very frustrating is trying to find them all as they appear randomly and quite infrequently towards the end.

#854 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Woo hoo...hopefully I can win that Fairy Solitaire game... I'm on my 300th giveaway entered on steam gifts and no wins yet.

#855 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Woo hoo...hopefully I can win that Fairy Solitaire game... I'm on my 300th giveaway entered on steam gifts and no wins yet.

I'm at 600 with no wins so don't feel bad

#856 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hmm, Just bought Lara Croft: Guardian of Light and the 3 dlc packs. I made a point NOT to buy the Kane and Lynch DLC, however it shows up as purchased in both the Steam client and the in-game menu. I went back and checked my official purchase log on Steam, and I did not buy it. Thoughts?

#857 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

If you can't win this giveaway, you might as well give up. lol

BTW, I just got my first giveaway win the other day after 700 entries. The odds of winning have really plummeted after they opened enrollment up. As bad as the odds are now though, this giveaway is pretty much a guaranteed win. The most entries that I've ever seen in a giveaway was around 9,000. There's no way that this one reaches 25,000.

#858 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

Let me start by saying that the giveaway is fucking epic. 25,000 copies is a ridiculous amount to give away.

Secondly, I absolutely hated Faerie Solitaire. Not because it wasn't a good game, but for many other reasons. It's a great game for what it is: easy to learn, plenty to do, and a decent story to follow. The reason why I hate this game is that it took 12 hours for me to complete it.

I have a shitload of games, but for some reason I only play the casual indie games that I own, this was one of them. Being a card game essentially, I figured maybe 4 hours or so of gameplay to finish the story, I was very wrong. 3 times my anticipation for the same amount of story (quality and length) as a 4-hour game, and that's being generous.

The completionist in me would not let me put the game down until I finished it, unfortunately. Needless to say that I forced myself, and it was painful. A love-hate relationship I guess, but it was painful nonetheless. In the end I don't regret it though, which is something that I'm still questioning to this day.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#859 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Let me start by saying that the giveaway is fucking epic. 25,000 copies is a ridiculous amount to give away.

Secondly, I absolutely hated Faerie Solitaire. Not because it wasn't a good game, but for many other reasons. It's a great game for what it is: easy to learn, plenty to do, and a decent story to follow. The reason why I hate this game is that it took 12 hours for me to complete it.

I have a shitload of games, but for some reason I only play the casual indie games that I own, this was one of them. Being a card game essentially, I figured maybe 4 hours or so of gameplay to finish the story, I was very wrong. 3 times my anticipation for the same amount of story (quality and length) as a 4-hour game, and that's being generous.

The completionist in me would not let me put the game down until I finished it, unfortunately. Needless to say that I forced myself, and it was painful. A love-hate relationship I guess, but it was painful nonetheless. In the end I don't regret it though, which is something that I'm still questioning to this day.

I don't know whether to read this as a negative or positive. "It's too damn long of a good game!" However, if you haven't gotten it for $1 in one of the Steam sales, hop on this giveaway. It's a seriously solid game that will keep you busy for a while. I just recommend playing it in bursts of a couple levels here and there :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#860 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Be Mine 2 Music + Game Bundle Sneak Peek

The games will be

Beat Hazard
Deathspank
Plain Sight
Madballs
Sol Survivor
Killing Floor

All steam redeemable

#861 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

The Tomb Raider games are more similar to Prince of Persia, they're 3D platformers with puzzle solving, acrobatics and occasional combat. I'd rank them Anniversary, Underworld and Legend, but they are all good games.

Guardian of Light is different, it's top down and isometric, but it's very much in the same spirit and also a lot of fun. And it has coop.

Ah, I'd expected they would have been hit with the "modernized" stick, much like the PoP series. I think I'll sit this one out though, the only thing that's got me interested in the series as of late is the upcoming reboot which looks awesome from the trailers. (Though after Dead Island, I've got to stop riding the hype train of trailers.)

#862 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

The games will be

Beat Hazard
Deathspank
Plain Sight
Madballs
Sol Survivor
Killing Floor

All steam redeemable

Wow. Absolute steal at any price. I already own Madballs and Killing Floor and Beat Hazard. I'll look into the other three to see how they are.

#863 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

Wow. Absolute steal at any price. I already own Madballs and Killing Floor and Beat Hazard. I'll look into the other three to see how they are.

List with links :P

Plain Sight
http://store.steampo....com/app/49900/

Sol survivor
http://store.steampo....com/app/45000/

Killing Floor
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/1250/

Madballs in Babo:Invasion
http://store.steampo....com/app/25700/

Beat Hazard
http://store.steampo....com/app/49600/

Deathspank
http://store.steampo....com/app/18040/

#864 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

The games will be

Beat Hazard
Deathspank
Plain Sight
Madballs
Sol Survivor
Killing Floor

All steam redeemable

I already own half, but I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for Deathspank. I thought Plain Sight was an undersung game, its Mario Galaxy-like physics and strange timing based combat make for a varied experience, to say the least. I also look forward to seeing what the music is, the IndieGala music side of the bundle has kept me entertained much longer than the games that came with it.

#865 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Nice looking bundle. I already own a couple of games in it, but I still might buy.

It looks like it's time to try and trade that copy of Killing Floor that I have sitting in my inventory.

#866 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

That's gonna be a great bundle. I already own Beat Hazard, Madballs and Killing Floor, might get it just for Deathspank.

#867 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

Correction, that's not Deathspank it's The Baconing -- the third Deathspank title self-published by Hothead (you can tell because he has a shield in the video and that was only implemented in the Baconing.) Since I already bought it earlier for $3.75 (and already own KF, Madballs, and Beat Hazard), looks like I'm passing.

That said, anyone who doesn't own them this is probably one of the better bundles to date.

#868 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Super stoked on BeMine2.

#869 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Correction, that's not Deathspank it's The Baconing -- the third Deathspank title self-published by Hothead (you can tell because he has a shield in the video and that was only implemented in the Baconing.) Since I already bought it earlier for $3.75 (and already own KF, Madballs, and Beat Hazard), looks like I'm passing.

That said, anyone who doesn't own them this is probably one of the better bundles to date.

Thanks for the correction:)

#870 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

That's a pretty great bundle. I own everything except Sol Survivor and The Baconing, but I'll throw a few bucks their way for those.