Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#61 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for Version 3 eastx, we all appreciate your work with the thread!

#62 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Is anyone seeing the daily deal for today I am only getting the coupon message in the box at the top and expired dailies underneath.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#63 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Is anyone seeing the daily deal for today I am only getting the coupon message in the box at the top and expired dailies underneath.

I don't see anything yet.

MARS

#64 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Today's deal is The Guild II at 75% off ($2.49)

w/ Pirates of the European Seas - $3.74
w/ Pirates of the European Seas & Renaissance - $4.99

#65 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

It sometimes takes a little while to appear. It also sometimes appears in the news feed first, such as today's daily deal: The Guild II -75%.

#66 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Today's deal is The Guild II at 75% off ($2.49)

w/ Pirates of the European Seas - $3.74
w/ Pirates of the European Seas & Renaissance - $4.99

And they're all standalone expansions far as I'm aware of

#67 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks everyone I am really keeping my eye on the dailies to see if I can use the remaining coupons I have.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#68 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Any opinions on The Guild? I have a coupon so I'm tempted.

#69 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Any opinions on The Guild? I have a coupon so I'm tempted.

I've had it on my want list for a while so I'm going to bite, if you don't use that coupon I'll trade you something for it

#70 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Man, I wish Steam would use higher res trailers.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#71 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Tempted by the guild, though reading the forum for it, it appears to be a buggy game, still has me interested though lol. Seems all the games I have a somewhat interest in where if I had a coupon would have pushed me over the edge to buy, I don't have coupons for, go figure.

#72 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Tempted by the guild, though reading the forum for it, it appears to be a buggy game, still has me interested though lol. Seems all the games I have a somewhat interest in where if I had a coupon would have pushed me over the edge to buy, I don't have coupons for, go figure.

lol it looks like all the worst parts of Fable combined :) Not that there aren't those that enjoy them but it looks closer to the Sims than an RPG.

23480.png

#73 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

I got the first Guild game a while back on GOG. I'm someone who normally likes sim games but I just found it sort of tedious and wasn't really holding my interest. I don't have the second one but I can't imagine it's that much different.

I saw their desc calling it an RPG hybrid but I think that's really a stretch. It seems like any game in a medieval setting gets the RPG label slapped on it these days.

Metacritic scores are pretty mixed on The Guild 2 are pretty mixed. It sounds like for a game in this vein The Sims Medieval is similar but more fun. Of course it costs more as well. :-P

I also dislike the habit a lot of the European developers have of doing 'stand alone expansions'. It's confusing and seems to me it's just an excuse to do the same game with a few tweaks and charge more because it's a 'full game' instead of an expansion pack.

#74 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

It's not labeled an 'RPG hybrid' because of the setting it's because you control a character that has stats/proficiencies that you can improve over the course of the game -- they impact your ability to trade, influence, craft stuff, etc.

#75 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

VERY tempted. I wish I had a coupon though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#76 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

It's not labeled an 'RPG hybrid' because of the setting it's because you control a character that has stats/proficiencies that you can improve over the course of the game -- they impact your ability to trade, influence, craft stuff, etc.

I guess. I still think it's kind of a stretch. You could say the same thing for The Sims but I don't think anyone thinks it is an RPG or even RPG hybrid.

I would say at most it has 'RPG elements' but I know that's splitting hairs. :-P

#77 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Apparently Renaissance is the one to get since it's stand alone and includes stuff from the previous titles.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#78 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

If I had a coupon I'd be all over this daily special...

#79 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Generosity is great and all, but this thread is a few days old, and already we've got stuff here that should be in the Steam trading thread.

I have hard copies of The Guild 1 and 2 on my shelf, but only ever played a bit of them. All I can remember in the lengthy tutorials. I might double-dip to clear some shelf space.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#80 vism

vism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance $3.75 on Amazon right now activates on Steam and gives you the original as well.

#81 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Bought The Guild II Collection with a 50% off coupon in the end. Having read the Steam forums, there's an equal amount of love/hate for it, pretty much a Marmite title.

WTH is Marmite? Is this, since you ask:

Posted Image

For the record, I'm a "no" person on Marmite. You didn't ask, but if you did that'd be my answer :)

Back to The Guild II, I think I'll hold it in my inventory until I have a strong feeling about it. I want to like it, I'm just not sure if I will.

#82 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

What do you think the chances are of a Leap Day sale for the midweek madness this week?

EDIT: oh and put me down as NO person in the great Marmite debate.

#83 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

What do you think the chances are of a Leap Day sale for the midweek madness this week?

EDIT: oh and put me down as NO person in the great Marmite debate.

I doubt it. Too many coupons out there but Valve may surprise me.

23480.png

#84 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

As much chance as there is of Half Life 3 being released then. Though I keep wanting to think that there was a small Spring Sale last year, but I can't remember clearly enough.

#85 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

As much chance as there is of Half Life 3 being released then. Though I keep wanting to think that there was a small Spring Sale last year, but I can't remember clearly enough.

are you thinking of the potato hunt ARG leading up to portal 2?
Posted Image

#86 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

are you thinking of the potato hunt ARG leading up to portal 2?

Don't remember unfortunately. I know there was a Summer, Fall and Winter sale last year. Feels like there was a Spring sale, but it's probably my mind playing tricks on me. Regardless even if there was one, it wouldn't happen this year before the tickets expire.

#87 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think there were catalog (publisher) weeks last year, which would explain this in my purchase history:

Feb 21, 2011
$74.99
Purchase
Square Holiday Pack (NA)

I was hoping for the same thing this year to take better advantage of the coupons.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#88 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

That's all well and good, but how do you guys feel about Marmite?

#89 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have never even heard of Marmite until this thread.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#90 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

I thought Deus Ex and its dlc were supposed to be on sale on Amazon until tomorrow. It's $24 and $15 for the dlc.