Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#10981 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Skyrim was 30$. I think 20$ is a little much for it since theres nothing stopping me from just pirating it as an offline game but I would have at least entertained the idea at 20$. 30$ is just silly.

Did you honestly just openly admit, in this forum of all places, that you would honestly pirate a game? Especially one at the quality of Skyrim? Honestly, I am all for being a cheapass and all, but that is seriously about one of the biggest douchebag moves you could make. You bitch about wanting lower prices for these games and them openly talk about doing the biggest thing that has caused the price increase of games. Screw you man. You need to seriously GTFO of this thread.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#10982 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

As someone completely new to Civ, should I get III, IV, or V? They are all well-priced it seems.

I think they are all worth it, I know IV has a lot of mods and I personally like how V has one single unit per hex, where as 3 and 4 you can just make huge stacks.

But overall I think 3 and 4 are the most similar..and then 5 offers a new combat system but less like fluff as it dosn't have as many expansions as 4 does that added that fluff.

Overall 3-4 and 5 are very much worth it. and may be better to start with 5 to learn the basic systems. As with 4 complete all that extra fluff can really ramp up the learning curve.

#10983 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

In descending order of wanting:

Amalur Collection 66% off
Ticket to Ride + DLC 50% off
Arkham City Bundle for $15
Earth Defense Force 75% off (might bite at the current 50%)
Magic 2013 33% off
Quantum Conundrum 50% off
Street Fighter x Tekken 50% off

Would love to see Magic 2013 at 33% off, or more.
Posted Image

#10984 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

So far I've been able to limit myself to the Alan Wake bundle for $10.

That said, I have been tempted by Ys: Origin for $8 and Sam & Max Complete for $12.50.

#10985 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Civ III is good, but I liked it the least out of the group. Civ IV and V are both good but are different. I prefer Civ V myself, but some people consider it the worst of the two. To be honest though you can't really go wrong with any of the games.

I was also interested in buying one of the three. So whats "different" between IV and V. A sequel is suppose to improve on the past on or did they change things for better/worse gameplay wise?

#10986 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

I read through angry posts and can just imagine the confrontation as it would happen in "real life". It gets my blood pumping, but then I remember that this is the internet and I go flacid again. =/

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#10987 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

So Gods and Kings expansion is 25% and been wanting to pick it up, What is everyone's thoughts on how likely it will drop past that price?

Eventually, it will certainly drop past that price. When, is another question. Probably the winter sale, almost certainly next summer. So the next question is, how long can you wait?

Considering that it's Steamworks and you can get it anywhere and still activate it on Steam I would bet that someone will have it on sale sub 25% off a lot sooner than Steam's winter sale. It's already been slightly cheaper than the current $22.49 at one point on a couple of other sites.

GreenManGaming lets you trade in digital games. I guess you can ask them how it works.

Note that they don't for Steam games though, just ones you directly download through them.

Skyrim was 30$. I think 20$ is a little much for it since theres nothing stopping me from just pirating it as an offline game but I would have at least entertained the idea at 20$. 30$ is just silly.
War in the North is 13$ atm so a 5$ price point seems pretty likely.
Hunted also.

War in the North is also crap. I mean, it's okay for some popcorn hack and slash fun, but as an RPG? It really doesn't compare to Skyrim. Sorry but a buddy of mine worked on that game and guess what he plays in his free time? Skyrim.

As for it only being worth $20 if that and pirating it blah blah. Well I guess it's all a matter of opinion and how bad you want something. I can honestly say that I have put more hours into Skyrim than 99% of the games I own and I genuinely enjoy it quite a bit. If RPGs or free form sandbox games aren't your thing then I guess it might not be worth as much to you and that's fine. Just wait it out and find something else to play in the meantime.

Obviously plenty of people do find it worth a good bit as it's been a top seller since it came out last November and almost all of that time it was at full price too. I'm all for being cheap but even I have my limits and am willing to recognize the value of something that I will likely put a lot of hours into.

Anyone that says the sales are better without the achievements is a jackass.

The achievements got you playing the games you bought and trying to score certain things, I cannot stand anyone like "oh I don't like them because some are hard" then don't get those.

The sale is good but it's lacking in overall quality because it's missing achievements. You're getting games but they're just going directly to the backlog.

I don't know if I would go quite that far but I do agree some encouragement to get people off their asses playing games would be nice.

Then again I sure don't miss installing a bunch of crap F2P games just so I could get a bunch of coal that only got crafted into some crap coupon that was a worse deal than what you could just get on sale during the winter sale.

#10988 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

I understand being a gamer and being poor, but if you look at all the devs that got closed in the last couple years there were some really talented studios that went down. In essence if you dont want to pay $30 for skyrim thats fine its not your kind of game I get it, but if skyrim is something you would be into then $30 is a helluva deal.

There are ridiculous amounts of content and entertainment in that game, its easily worth $30, I dont know about the forthcoming dlc for $20 as that sounds like a mixed bag but the main game + mods = more than worth what you would be paying.
Posted Image

#10989 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Did you honestly just openly admit, in this forum of all places, that you would honestly pirate a game? Especially one at the quality of Skyrim? Honestly, I am all for being a cheapass and all, but that is seriously about one of the biggest douchebag moves you could make. You bitch about wanting lower prices for these games and them openly talk about doing the biggest thing that has caused the price increase of games. Screw you man. You need to seriously GTFO of this thread.

I also donate a penny to indie bundles because I know it will cost them more in bandwidth.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10990 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

If you have one slot left, there's someone over on the Group Buy forum who's been trying to get a Revelations pack together for like a month. You might want to see if she still needs one.

She already joined the 4-pack for revelations 2012. To my surprise I'm having a difficult time finding a 4th person.
Posted Image

#10991 Alcaeora

Alcaeora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

does the witcher 2 on steam include all of the bonus content that comes with the gog version? trying to decide if i should get it before the free gog version offer expires or if i can wait until the next sale.

#10992 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Considering that it's Steamworks and you can get it anywhere and still activate it on Steam I would bet that someone will have it on sale sub 25% off a lot sooner than Steam's winter sale. It's already been slightly cheaper than the current $22.49 at one point on a couple of other sites.

Ya what I decided on as well; In fact I would caution others about picking it up unless you know it wont be backlogged, like it would with me. Mostly because I remember how soon and fast Civ 5 dropped in price.

#10993 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

As someone completely new to Civ, should I get III, IV, or V? They are all well-priced it seems.

get this version http://www.amazon.co...k strategy pack

those are all steam keys, for sale on amazon. Amazon really squashes steam on some of these deals. I just bought it and am d/ling right now on steam.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#10994 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

She already joined the 4-pack for revelations 2012. To my surprise I'm having a difficult time finding a 4th person.

I know I will regret this later but I already have Horrid Henry and Bad Rats so what the hell.

does the witcher 2 on steam include all of the bonus content that comes with the gog version? trying to decide if i should get it before the free gog version offer expires or if i can wait until the next sale.

Even if it doesn't you can register your Steam copy of the game over at GOG for free and get the stuff there.

#10995 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

I also donate a penny to indie bundles because I know it will cost them more in bandwidth.

I am surprised the Sale lasted this long without any of this crap.

On a more serious money spending note, I am intrigued by Civilization V. It is sitting in my cart and I am on the fence. It sounds fun and really interesting but it most definitely was not within my budget.

I am going to head out for a run, when I come back someone hopefully will have pleaded a case for or against it on here! Thanks! : P

#10996 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

I read through angry posts and can just imagine the confrontation as it would happen in "real life". It gets my blood pumping, but then I remember that this is the internet and I go flacid again. =/

Spoiler

That being said, back to the business at hand. So far I have bought:

Dead Island 7.65
Wasteland Angel 2.49
Dreamkiller 2.49
Hoard Complete 2.86
Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition 9.99

Grand total for 2 days: 25.48 Not to bad overall.
Posted Image

#10997 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Quick, From Dust, Is it Good?

#10998 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Quick, From Dust, Is it Good?

it was less than 4 dollars..im drunk and bought it...

i smell a prince of persia flash sale coming

#10999 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hey man, I was just talking about what gets me hot and bothered, no shame in that right? I also don't mind being choked. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11000 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hey man, I was just talking about what gets me hot and bothered, no shame in that right? I also don't mind being choked. ;)

I was actually just listening to some INXS

#11001 defiance_17

defiance_17

You're bastard people.

• CAGiversary!

I know I will regret this later but I already have Horrid Henry and Bad Rats so what the hell.

Better you than me.:lol:
Posted Image

#11002 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Only thing I've gotten so far is Penumbra: Black Plague for $2.50. Wanted to try it out as the first Penumbra felt pretty crappy to me. Its fine so far, but I mostly wanted to see where Frictional came from before Amnesia.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#11003 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

to bite on witcher 2 or not.. 5 mins to go.

#11004 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

Caved and bought From Dust.

#11005 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

to bite on witcher 2 or not.. 5 mins to go.

If I had not of already gotten 2 worlds 2 Velvet today I would have. Go for it man, you wont regret it.
Posted Image

#11006 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

Better you than me.:lol:

I still need to return that Horrid Henry 'favor'. I am thinking Secret of the Magic Crystals or Coconut Queen.

#11007 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I'm waiting for:

Alan wake american nightmare(I know, I know...I missed the flash cause I thought it was only AW which I have already)
Wargame European Escalation
Endless Space

And a bunch of other stuff at 50% off like ARMA cold war assault(original Operation Flashpoint just renamed), SR3 dlc, Cities in Motion, Simcity 4 Deluxe, SOL Exodus, Act of War Direct Action, Men of War Collector's

#11008 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

War in the North is also crap. I mean, it's okay for some popcorn hack and slash fun, but as an RPG? It really doesn't compare to Skyrim. Sorry but a buddy of mine worked on that game and guess what he plays in his free time? Skyrim.

As for it only being worth $20 if that and pirating it blah blah. Well I guess it's all a matter of opinion and how bad you want something. I can honestly say that I have put more hours into Skyrim than 99% of the games I own and I genuinely enjoy it quite a bit. If RPGs or free form sandbox games aren't your thing then I guess it might not be worth as much to you and that's fine. Just wait it out and find something else to play in the meantime.

Obviously plenty of people do find it worth a good bit as it's been a top seller since it came out last November and almost all of that time it was at full price too. I'm all for being cheap but even I have my limits and am willing to recognize the value of something that I will likely put a lot of hours into.

I could write paragraph upon paragraph about this but basically:
I don't like Bethesda (or rather what they have become).
I don't particularly want Skyrim but if it was cheap I'd buy it.
I think 20$ is a fair token price for a game I don't really want and wouldn't play for long.
If I did really want it I would have either purchased it or pirated it by now.

As for War in the North what I hope to get out of it is the EA games LotR/RotK hack n slash action. I'm not looking for an epic lord of the rings mmo or rpg.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11009 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

I think they are gonna go with one of the driver games in the next wave of flash sales. Just a feeling. Prolly parallel lines.
Posted Image

#11010 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

I am surprised the Sale lasted this long without any of this crap.

On a more serious money spending note, I am intrigued by Civilization V. It is sitting in my cart and I am on the fence. It sounds fun and really interesting but it most definitely was not within my budget.

I am going to head out for a run, when I come back someone hopefully will have pleaded a case for or against it on here! Thanks! : P

Im in the same boat. Looks interesting and the Game of the year edition only a couple more and seems like it adds alot.

Decided to download demo and see if I like. Almost finished.