Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#11011 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Spoiler

That being said, back to the business at hand. So far I have bought:

Dead Island 7.65
Wasteland Angel 2.49
Dreamkiller 2.49
Hoard Complete 2.86
Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition 9.99

Grand total for 2 days: 25.48 Not to bad overall.

how did you get dead island for 7.65? it is showing as a daily deal right now for me at 10.19, did you get he 4 pack and split it?
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#11012 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Anybody recommend any free video capture programs? I really am a pillar of my community and think my Steam badges should reflect this.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11013 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Anybody recommend any free video capture programs? I really am a pillar of my community and think my Steam badges should reflect this.

I just uploaded a video from my iphone, of my friends dog with a dead eyeball

#11014 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

After a light first two days, today hit without mercy. My wallet am cry.

Spec Ops: The Line ($25 - Amazon)
Alan Wake: American Nightmare - $3.75
Sam & Max Complete - $12.75
The Witcher 2 - $16

Thank Gaben, I finally got TW2. I have been kicking myself since Amazon ran it at this price last year and it shot up after the EE content was released.

But now I'm stuck with the Civ flash deal. I have V (and haven't played it, of course.) I hear IV with the expansions is amazing. Dare I? Someone be kind and enable me.
Posted Image

#11015 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

xfire has a recorder built into it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11016 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Batman!

#11017 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

to bite on witcher 2 or not.. 5 mins to go.

it is 10 bucks on some other site, i think nuveem. no not steam but it is for a key that lets you d/l it on gog.

Posted Image

#11018 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If I had not of already gotten 2 worlds 2 Velvet today I would have. Go for it man, you wont regret it.

i had it all the way to the confirmation screen and backed out. i know i will not play it and it will most likely go on sale again during winter sale, but i doubt the msrp will drop from $39.99 for a while. i guess i'm too cheap at 60% off. here's hoping i can resist again if it comes back on sale later in the week.

#11019 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

I could write paragraph upon paragraph about this but basically:
I don't like Bethesda (or rather what they have become).
I don't particularly want Skyrim but if it was cheap I'd buy it.
I think 20$ is a fair token price for a game I don't really want and wouldn't play for long.
If I did really want it I would have either purchased it or pirated it by now.

As for War in the North what I hope to get out of it is the EA games LotR/RotK hack n slash action. I'm not looking for an epic lord of the rings mmo or rpg.

If it makes any difference at all, I've been with Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall first came out and I still think Skyrim is pretty good. Not totally perfect and I'm not happy with all of the directions they went in, but for me it is a big improvement over Oblivion.

That said, do what you want. If you think it's worth less then by all means wait. There's definitely games whose publisher's and their policies cheese me off enough that I deduct a lot of value off what I'm willing to pay. For me EA and Ubisoft fall into that category.

#11020 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Grabbed the first Witcher for 2.50. If I like it I'll Gamefly 2 for 360.

Also throw my vote on the list of people that liked Civ V more than IV, but both were really good. I think V is more beginner friendly, personally. I like the military units not stacking, war was a hassle otherwise, IMO.

Also, is it just me, or is the Gods and Kings expansion an extra 5% off right now from before? I'm on the fence about waiting for a deeper drop or the winter sale, but I might bite...

#11021 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

TF2, and Dirt 3 have recording and uploading built in.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#11022 defiance_17

defiance_17

You're bastard people.

• CAGiversary!

I still need to return that Horrid Henry 'favor'. I am thinking Secret of the Magic Crystals or Coconut Queen.

I just watched your video and now I'm sad I didn't keep it for myself. I'm confused as to why all those spiders are walking around on ice, though.
Posted Image

#11023 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

I just uploaded a video from my iphone, of my friends dog with a dead eyeball

Unfortunately all my dogs have live eyeballs. But I may just record something off my phone.

xfire has a recorder built into it.

Thanks, will look into it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11024 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

I better see some Revelations 2012 footage.

I just watched your video and now I'm sad I didn't keep it for myself. I'm confused as to why all those spiders are walking around on ice, though.

Yes you are clearly missing out on the noise pollution soundtrack 640x480 max resolution goodness that is Horrid Henry. I have no clue about the spiders on ice either other than that you don't touch them and can throw goo at them. Yes, goo.

#11025 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

thanks, will look into it.

scroll lock+v is the default binding for it if you do get it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11026 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Batman AC for $10? DAMN good Price.

#11027 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/8233/

Prince On Persia complete pack 14.99 hidden flash sale

#11028 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

cant decide... should i buy the entire bundle or just arkham city. Batman arkham city was $7.49 in the gamefly sales so it might go cheaper???

#11029 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

I better see some Revelations 2012 footage.

Secret of the Magic Crystals looks more likely.

#11030 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

So wait what is up with The Witcher 2? You cant register on gog with the steam version? What do you lose by going with the steam version?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#11031 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Batman!

i am about to jump on batman franchise for $25. or i may just get arkham city for 10. is all of that d/l content worth it? and is gotham city any good?

I really was just eyeing arkham city(i have arkham assylum for xbox and played it like crazy)

Posted Image

#11032 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

to bite on witcher 2 or not.. 5 mins to go.

You know your going to regret not buying it...but you're probably going to regret buying it. :)

I'm kinda surprised that Resident Evil 5 (and even operation raccoon city) didn't become cheaper. With RE6 on the way I would think it be wise for Capcom to sell off RE series game at discount to generating a bit more buzz. Should be cheaper than any marketing schemes. Guess Capcom is really stingy with sales.

My wish list is...
Bastion
Batman Arkham City Bundle
Fallout 3 New Vegas (wanted to play it without excessive glitches)
Torchlight 2 (hold me over while waiting for Diablo 2 to hit $30 mark)
Splintercell Conviction (low want, so probably not even consider buying it unless its under $10 or so)

i am about to jump on batman franchise for $25. or i may just get arkham city for 10. is all of that d/l content worth it? and is gotham city any good?

I really was just eyeing arkham city(i have arkham assylum for xbox and played it like crazy)

Could've sworn that Franchise was more expensive yesterday. I'm primarily interested in Arkham City +dlc. I think if this isn't time limited deal I'm going to wait and see how the week progresses in sale. I don't think you should get just Batman Arkham City for 10, because I think I've seen better price for it.

#11033 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

You know your going to regret not buying it...but you're probably going to regret buying it. :)

I'm kinda surprised that Resident Evil 5 (and even operation raccoon city) didn't become cheaper. With RE6 on the way I would think it be wise for Capcom to sell off RE series game at discount to generating a bit more buzz. Should be cheaper than any marketing schemes. Guess Capcom is really stingy with sales.

My wish list is...
Bastion
Batman Arkham City Bundle
Fallout 3 New Vegas (wanted to play it without excessive glitches)
Torchlight 2 (hold me over while waiting for Diablo 2 to hit $30 mark)
Splintercell Conviction (low want, so probably not even consider buying it unless its under $10 or so)

One of your wishes have come true, check out the new flash sale.
Posted Image

#11034 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hmmm good deal on the Batman bundle...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#11035 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

cant decide... should i buy the entire bundle or just arkham city. Batman arkham city was $7.49 in the gamefly sales so it might go cheaper???

It will eventually be a 19.99 base price game(probably by winter sale 2k12 or at some point in 2k13.) and then be 75% off during the sales for $5. I am just shaking my head at all of this d/l content, is it worth it?

Posted Image

#11036 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Kind of wish I hadn't bought Batman AA from gamestop but I had a hell of a time playing it on my pc. Got it for $10 along with Dead Rising 2 OTR for 15.

Pop series is also a good deal at 15 but have most of them and got them for $1 from GFWM.

#11037 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

Secret of the Magic Crystals looks more likely.

You know, I really think they should try harder to market that to the Brony crowd. Seriously! Those guys donate more than Notch to the Humble bundles, plus they spend all their money on plastic ponies. Sell them some virtual ones!

#11038 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

holy shit at the batman flash deal

i got city on my xbox but never got around to finishing it. i think considering it comes with 2 other games im going to go in lol

#11039 247

Is Impostors MP still active in Steam? I played the demo on Xbox and really liked it.

#11040 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Was hoping to score Batman Arkham Asylum for $5 in this sale (it has been that low previously). Guess I'll wait til the next big sale!

TyranitarJr.png