Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#1111 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

Bulletstorm has an online horde mode, doesn't it? The 360 version does, anyway.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1112 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

Gotham city importers is also 50% off

I would totally play that game. Paper clips from Metropolis! Plastic hangers from Coast City!

What exactly is the difference between the Trine 2 Collector's Edition, and the Trine 2 Collector's Edition Uprgrade? They both have a copy of Trine 2, what's with the "upgrade"?

I assumed that the Upgrayedd version was for people who already owned plain Trine 2 and wanted to acquire the Trine 2 CE digiswag.

Brawndo.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1113 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

There is a Penny Arcade Report on pixel art from these guys and there is a pic of Gabe and Tycho from the new game.

Just a clarification - Cthulhu Saves the World uses 16 bit-style visuals and sound, not 8 bit. Their first game, Breath of Death VII, was in the 8 bit style. Also, I haven't seen them clarify what visual style they'll use for the new Penny Arcade game, though it surely won't be 3D. Robert Boyd of Zeboyd is actually a really passionate and knowledgeable gamer, and I look forward to anything he produces.

#1114 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

The multiplayer is also incredibly fun, but not many people are going to find that out with a dead community. Although honestly the community is mainly dieing because of the horrid matchmaking system it has.

Also, Bulletstorm is single player only, if I'm not mistaken, and there are more people playing that than playing single player and multi player combined in RFG.

My point was that you said, "Being on the list in no way indicates a very active community." And then used RFG as your argument. Since GCI has no single player, every single person online is multiplayering. For RFG, it's probably like, 10%, if even.

#1115 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm surprised they put Gotham City Imposters on sale without having a free weekend. I tried it during the beta, but was pretty turned off with it's bad consolitis, but I've heard some patches fixed that. If I could try it and verify that it's better, I might've been interested in giving it a try.

#1116 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

There is a Penny Arcade Report on pixel art from these guys and there is a pic of Gabe and Tycho from the new game.

Yeah, it's this:

Posted Image

So basically 8-bit, oh wait, I mean 16-bit because there's such a huge difference. :roll:

#1117 RainbowDespair

RainbowDespair

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep, no difference between 8-bit and 16-bit graphic styles. ;)

#1118 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

are there price trackers for Steam sales that will send out email notifications?

don't really want to use RSS tracking at the moment. and i'm only interested in the Age of Empire deals for now, but not going to get it now because they still need to release additional DLCs in the future.

#1119 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

are there price trackers for Steam sales that will send out email notifications?

Email alerts for prices that you set:
http://www.steamprices.com

#1120 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm very happy Zeboyd is doing the final Penny Arcade game. The game is in good hands.

#1121 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I was put off Gotham City Imposters at launch because the match-making and team-balancing was said to be terrible, so that might explain a few things. The patch (implemented yesterday from what I gather) solves these problems from what I understand.

I'm tempted, I'll admit. The game certainly looks fun enough, I just hope the community is lively enough for a casual player like me to drop in and shoot stuff once a week.

#1122 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I won't be playing it for a month until my new notebook comes, but I'm jumping on Gotham City Imposters too. Shouldn't be too hard to get a game going.

So basically 8-bit, oh wait, I mean 16-bit because there's such a huge difference. :roll:

Posted Image
What Rainbow Said. If you can't learn the difference, you might as well call it 32-bit or 64-bit. :P Hint: At Super Mario World, the sprites become 16-bit. :D

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1123 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hint: At Super Mario World, the sprites become 16-bit. :D

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

#1124 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

I was put off Gotham City Imposters at launch because the match-making and team-balancing was said to be terrible, so that might explain a few things. The patch (implemented yesterday from what I gather) solves these problems from what I understand.

They actually fixed the match-making a few weeks ago, they just added the FOV slider a couple days ago though.

Match-making is pretty good now, its easy to find a TDM game, but the objective games are a little harder to find sometimes.

#1125 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Today's Deal:
Droplitz - 50% off - $2.49

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1126 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Today's Deal:

I'd have to say that, as a big fan of casual games, this is one that I found extremely irritating and somewhat difficult. It's a very shallow puzzler. I wouldn't personally recommend it at any price - but especially at this one.

#1127 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

I am tempted by Gotham City imposters and I've read on the steam forums that finding a game isn't to hard. But I did have a question about this.

3rd-party DRM: Games for Windows Live
One per G4WL acc machine activation limit

So it means it links to my GFWL account and I can install it as many times as I want or is there an install limit? Also does it put anything else on your computer besides GFWL?

#1128 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

I am tempted by Gotham City imposters and I've read on the steam forums that finding a game isn't to hard. But I did have a question about this.

3rd-party DRM: Games for Windows Live
One per G4WL acc machine activation limit

So it means it links to my GFWL account and I can install it as many times as I want or is there an install limit? Also does it put anything else on your computer besides GFWL?

It's weird with the double DRM but essentially exactly as you describe. Can only be added to one GFWL account but I know of no install limits so long as you use the same GFWL account. Of course can't play in two locations at the same time.

I'd really like for GFWL to go away. If I have to choose DRM these days I'd rather it just be the one Steam activation/purchase. Arkham City was so damn confusing being both Steam and GFWL. You get two achievement pops every time. I do like GFWL games coming to Steam though, AoE is an awesome game and that bundle deal is awesome. GFWL fails on deals, Steam has it down pat.

76561198014930049.png

#1129 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the answer Outinthedark. They probably could have worded it a little better as far as the drm goes. Hmm now to decide if I am to get it or not.

#1130 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Today's Deal:

Really wish it was 75% off rather than 50% off... =/

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1131 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Droplitz looks dull. I'll take hal's advice.

#1132 skylimitdm

skylimitdm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

What is the difference between the upgrade and the regular collectors editions. The upgrade is $7 cheaper

#1133 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Really wish it was 75% off rather than 50% off... =/

And it will be...during the Summer sale. ;)

#1134 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Shipwreck's review of Droplitz(xbla) from a while back. He gave it a Very Good.

#1135 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

What is the difference between the upgrade and the regular collectors editions. The upgrade is $7 cheaper

I believe someone replied earlier in the thread and said that the upgrade just has artwork and stuff. Nothing bonus-wise game-related.

#1136 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

The upgrade is for those who own Trine 2 and want access to the soundtrack and the digital artbook + commentary. The collector's edition includes the base game and the extras I've outlined above. Hope this helps. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1137 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=eastx;9504633Posted Image
What Rainbow Said. If you can't learn the difference, you might as well call it 32-bit or 64-bit. :P Hint: At Super Mario World, the sprites become 16-bit. :D[/QUOTE]

How are Breath of Death and Call of Cthulhu? I picked them up for a dollar back when, but haven't got past checking if they ran. How long will it take to complete them?

#1138 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just a reminder kids, if you haven't already entered the Faerie Solitaire giveaway over @ Steamgifts, you only have a little bit over 7 hours left. The developer is giving away 25,000 copies and so far there are only about 13,000 entries. If you don't already own the game, this is pretty much a guaranteed win for you.

http://www.steamgift...aerie-solitaire

#1139 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Just a reminder kids, if you haven't already entered the Faerie Solitaire giveaway over @ Steamgifts, you only have a little bit over 7 hours left. The developer is giving away 25,000 copies and so far there are only about 13,000 entries. If you don't already own the game, this is pretty much a guaranteed win for you.

http://www.steamgift...aerie-solitaire

I have this on my account already. Can I register to win a key for a friend?

#1140 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have this on my account already. Can I register to win a key for a friend?

No, you can't enter any giveaway for a game that you already own. You could just tell your friend to register & enter though.