Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#91 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I thought Deus Ex and its dlc were supposed to be on sale on Amazon until tomorrow. It's $24 and $15 for the dlc.

No, Deus Ex was never supposed to be part of the sale. It was only that low because Amazon price matched Steam's sale price. Once the steam sale ended, so did Amazon's price match.

#92 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Today's deal:

Dead Mountineer's Hotel: 75% off $2.49
Posted Image

#93 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Now I'm confident Valve is trolling all of us still holding coupons.

#94 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Fuck, the midweek madness deal is Assassin Creed Revelation for $25, which sucks for me when I used a coupon to get it two weeks ago for $40. Fuck!

#95 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel looks and sounds like my kind of adventure game but the reviews are awful.

#96 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Fuck, the midweek madness deal is Assassin Creed Revelation for $25, which sucks for me when I used a coupon to get it two weeks ago for $40. Fuck!

Ooo nice. Might have to seriously consider this one but I just got Brotherhood from amazon and barely even have anytime to play that. :cry:
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#97 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Don't suppose anyone has a coupon that works on AC Rev by chance that they'd like to give away? :)

#98 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Well, if anyone has an Ubisoft coupon they'd like to share... Have nothing to offer but coupons though .

#99 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel looks and sounds like my kind of adventure game but the reviews are awful.

It's on my wishlist and $2.50 is my sweet spot, but damn, those reviews are bad.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#100 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's on my wishlist and $2.50 is my sweet spot, but damn, those reviews are bad.

I probably wasn't going to buy it anyways since I have a large backlog of adventure games, but after reading the reviews, I wouldn't touch it at all.
Posted Image

#101 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

if anyone has extra coupon can i get 33%-50% Ubisoft/ACR coupon have 40% witcher 2 coupon or DoD source gift can trade

http://steamcommunit.../id/jimmywolf13

#102 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Snip, got it.

Edited by Bort_, 28 February 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#103 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

I sold a good coupon for 1 cent on ebay this morning, and some fucker leaves me negative feedback after I sent it to him and leave him a positive. Now my feedback score is 98.7%.

If you see this asshole online, tell him how much of a douche he is. I have his physical address; looks like someone's getting a subscription to Playgirl.

#104 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

I sold a good coupon for 1 cent on ebay this morning, and some fucker leaves me negative feedback after I sent it to him and leave him a positive. Now my feedback score is 98.7%.

If you see this asshole online, tell him how much of a douche he is. I have his physical address; looks like someone's getting a subscription to Playgirl.

Why the neg feedback?

#105 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Why the neg feedback?

That's what I'd like to know. His feedback comment is "very good , thanks." On a 1 cent auction, no less. I submitted a revision request and all that, but I doubt he's going to change it. :roll:

#106 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

That's what I'd like to know. His feedback comment is "very good , thanks." On a 1 cent auction, no less. I submitted a revision request and all that, but I doubt he's going to change it. :roll:

That sucks man

#107 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

People these days! ;-)

On the Witcher 2 coupons not to rain on any trading parades but I'd hold out. There's a big update coming for it April 17th which will probably go midweek madness at ~ 50% off.

PS - I prefer Vegemite to Marmite.

#108 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, that sucks. I stopped using ebay because of bullshit like that.

MARS

#109 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

I am going to guess Borderlands GOTY as the weekend this week because I have a 50% off coupon for it, and I missed the Amazon $7 sale in case it did go on sale at Steam :lol: (wanted to get a Steam copy for the DLC, I own the original game which is a retail non steam copy, but not the DLC).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#110 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

If anyone has an Ubisoft coupon they aren't going to use, please PM me and we can work out a trade of some kind. Thank you.

#111 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Looking for a Ubisoft/Assassins Creed coupon that anyone is willing to trade. I have a couple other coupons & bill's hat for tf2. PM me :)

#112 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

I have his physical address; looks like someone's getting a subscription to Playgirl.

Sir, I approve of your spite. :D

Though I've always leaned more towards signing people up for Highlights for Kids (Don't ask why. I don't know myself) using the Bill me Later option. . . =P

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#113 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Sir, I approve of your spite. :D

Though I've always leaned more towards signing people up for Highlights for Kids (Don't ask why. I don't know myself) using the Bill me Later option. . . =P

A friend did this to me except I get Black entrepreneur magazine

#114 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

That sucks, but it sounds like it was a mistake. The guy probably clicked on the negative button by mistake. Contact him and ask him if he really meant to leave a negative feedback. If he says that it was a mistake, ask him to leave a note under his feedback explaining that it was a mistake.

If he does that, then the worst case scenario is that any potential buyers who read that feedback will know that it was an accident. Best case scenario, you might be able to contact ebay and have them change it to a positive feedback.

#115 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

A friend did this to me except I get Black entrepreneur magazine

I once signed a friend up to a "petite pretty shoes" catalog. Granted, it's probably funnier if you know the guy, but I still crack myself up over that one.

#116 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

That really sucks :(

These coupons have been a complete bust for me, the only coupon I got that I had any interest in was one for Magicka but when I went to use it the other day I found out it was only good for the base game, not the complete edition, what a joke.

#117 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Considering only a few of the coupons have been usable in conjunction with a sale price, these coupons have been an overall bust. Considering that most coupons are 25-50% off, there's no point in using them by themselves when a little patience will get the games cheaper in the major sales. So those of us who were cynical when the coupons came out have been vindicated :lol:

But really, I don't see the point in Steam continuing with coupons unless they will have a longer expiration.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#118 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Agreed. I would have preferred fewer coupons and/or lesser discounts but with with fewer overall restrictions (such as the short redemption period, not working on new titles, and not applying in several cases to complete packages).

What are the biggest complaints against Dead Mountaineer's Hotel in its reviews? Or could someone link one review that seems to sum it up nicely?

#119 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Considering only a few of the coupons have been usable in conjunction with a sale price, these coupons have been an overall bust. Considering that most coupons are 25-50% off, there's no point in using them by themselves when a little patience will get the games cheaper in the major sales. So those of us who were cynical when the coupons came out have been vindicated :lol:

But really, I don't see the point in Steam continuing with coupons unless they will have a longer expiration.

I don't see much vindication. There's no common sense in thinking every game there was a coupon for was going to be on sale in the meantime (heck, if there was they would all have been golden). It was very likely most were not.

It was simply a way to mass introduce the concept of coupons and were basically one of the 'lesser' things you could get from the coal unless you got lucky with a really good one (or even better, some game or valuable hat)

#120 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

What are the biggest complaints against Dead Mountaineer's Hotel in its reviews? Or could someone link one review that seems to sum it up nicely?

http://www.adventure...article/id,1396

Terrible adaptation of original story; silly minigames; poor translation and text quality; uninteresting, irrelevant quests; tedious backtracking; erratic controls; substandard voice acting; utterly unsatisfactory conclusion.

Keep in mind that this is from a site dedicated solely to adventure games that really wanted to like this game.

Having said that, I bought it before I saw the reviews. Ah well.