Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#12031 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Your problem is that you obviously don't have enough games if it's only happened once so far - it's already happened 3 times for me since the sale started - and I went to BUY them! ;)

In hindsight, I really should've just gotten some of the packs when I first started last year, since I had so few at the time, but the high price scared me to buy individually. I probably paid a fair bit more in the long run. Oh well. Now I'm at a shamefully large number of games!

...fucking hell, I just saw a recommendation for a game, went to add it to my wishlist, "You already own this game."

Guys, I think I have a problem.

Tales of Monkey Island (the Telltale games) are on flash sale with other MI games, 75%, or ~$8.75ish USD. Just FYI, for anyone itnerested. They go back to ~$20 in 2 hours.

#12032 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

Is steam totally borked for anyone else?

#12033 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

Ummm anything replace Vessel yet?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#12034 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

I was thinking of the THQ pack too but missing all the DLC in that one sort of breaks the deal for me. I had been holding off the all the Warhammer and Saints Row stuff too in anticipation of that pack. I feel like last year some of the packs were a little more complete and now some or more select like greatest hits.

I was thinking that too when I saw that pack, Seems weird that each game is just the base game and not just THQ but with all the packs. Really feels more like a sampler when you realize like all the expansions and dlc you miss and will more than likely have to buy later down the road.

Sign me up for missing the whole, every game or almost near every item that publisher had on steam for a 80-85% off publisher packs

#12035 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Haha. Perhaps I will have to gift it to a couple friends before the sale is over. (I wonder how many sales they have received just that way?)

I bought Coconut Queen and played it for around 45 minutes. My testicles actually started to recede into my body with each minute I put into it...by the end of the playing session I was watching a Melissa Gilbert movie om Lifetime and eating an entire box of Skinny Cow ice cream bars.

#12036 Sir Slapsalot

Sir Slapsalot

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Seems to be Prince of Persia

#12037 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Prince of Persia Complete Pack will replace Vessel but I can't get Steam to pull up outside of some random links lol

#12038 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I bought Coconut Queen and played it for around 45 minutes. My testicles actually started to recede into my body with each minute I put into it...by the end of the playing session I was watching a Melissa Gilbert movie om Lifetime and eating an entire box of Skinny Cow ice cream bars.

Sold!
Posted Image

#12039 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Prince of Persias is the new flash. 2.49 each for all da old ones.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12040 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

Blah the complete pack dropped by $2.75 from the previous flash sale price that showed up yesterday. Oh well.

#12041 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

To me the target audience is people just getting into Steam. If you've been around for a while and regularly buy games there then chances are you have at least some things in the pack.

I just got into Steam a little over year ago and last summer was my first big sale. At that time I grabbed the Paradox pack and the Square Eidos pack. Both publishers had several games I wanted that if I bought separately would be near or above the price of the pack so it was kind of a no brainer for me.

When the Kalypso anniversary hit and they had their whole pack up then I went and got that too.

It's an easy way to build up your Steam library fast for not much money. They also did combos last year where if you bought a publisher pack and did a pre-order from that same publisher you got an even further discount.

Now that I have so much it's a lot harder for me to see the appeal of a pack, though I probably will still get the Mumbo Jumbo one this go round since I don't own any of their stuff and deliberately pass on a couple past sales on stuff like Pickers.

I was thinking of the THQ pack too but missing all the DLC in that one sort of breaks the deal for me. I had been holding off the all the Warhammer and Saints Row stuff too in anticipation of that pack. I feel like last year some of the packs were a little more complete and now some or more select like greatest hits.

Oh and you don't have to download the whole thing know. It's one item if you gift it or keep it in your inventory. Once you redeem it they are all separate.

A giftable copy does not count as owning the game(s) no. You have to redeem it to your library. Once you do it can't be undone and in most cases unless Steam explicitly states otherwise you will not get extra giftable copies for games you already own when redeeming packs.

Anyway, I still think it's a good deal for Steam noobs. For vets, not so much.

:applause: Thanks Motoki. I think Im clear with it all now.

So let say I buy a few games impulsively (for cheap) and they are to head to the back of my backlog until such time as I want to fool with them. Why redeem them to my account right away vs. leave them in giftable form in case I feel it better to pass them along to someone else who will get more out of them?

I keep feeling there must be a downside or a *gotcha* I missing because nobody seems to do this. Its buy for me, straight to the library it goes. Although, maybe most have more self control than me and don't buy "maybe someday" titles just because they are good deals.:lol:

#12042 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

Is POP 2008 a good game?

#12043 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

LOL just bought the Prince Of Persia pack and my CC was declined...i think I used it so many times today that my CC company put a hold on it..first time thats EVER happened. Guess I need to call them tomorrow.

#12044 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Is POP 2008 a good game?

Yes.

#12045 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Love how with the PoP complete pack all your saving is 21 cents atm...o.O

#12046 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

If I want to purchase a game as a gift, and most likely just gift the game to myself later, do I choose the "Email My Gift" option and use my own email, or do I use the "Store the Gift in my Inventory" option?

#12047 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Ok so what games from the pack are worth buying. The PoP one?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12048 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Picked up Vessel at the last minute knowing full well it will probably be in a bundle in a few months. Enjoyed the demo and decided to throw a few bucks to the small dev team.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12049 Sir Slapsalot

Sir Slapsalot

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'd be interested in PoP if I didn't hate Uplay so much >_<

#12050 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

LOL just bought the Prince Of Persia pack and my CC was declined...i think I used it so many times today that my CC company put a hold on it..first time thats EVER happened. Guess I need to call them tomorrow.

I've had issues with Steam in the past suddenly declining my card after too many separate same-day purchases. There was a way to get around it, but it's been so long I've forgotten. If this still happens, then I could see Flash Deals/Community Deals/Daily Deals combined in a single 24 hour span to cause issues.

Though I've had both where Steam cock-blocked me and my card cock-blocked me. The difference between the two is that my card company sends me an e-mail, text or automated call when they cock-block me.

#12051 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Ok so what games from the pack are worth buying. The PoP one?

This. Inquiring minds want to know...

(POP 2008 was great IMO. Not sure how SOT aged. Know nothing of the others (even though I own them. :lol: Any one, thoughts?)

#12052 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Picked up the three older Prince of Persia games for $7.47. I would have bought the complete set, but I have the two newest on 360 (and haven't played them yet lol)

EDIT: And since there's only $0.21 cents difference between the individual games and the bundle if I change my mind and want the two newest on PC tomorrow morning, I can go ahead and buy them.

#12053 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

Is POP 2008 a good game?

This. Sands of Time is a no-brainer, but I'd like to hear about this.

Also, did Tales of Monkey Island Complete drop to $5 in October 2010 under special circumstances? By that I mean, is there a possibility of that happening again?

#12054 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

I've had issues with Steam in the past suddenly declining my card after too many separate same-day purchases. There was a way to get around it, but it's been so long I've forgotten. If this still happens, then I could see Flash Deals/Community Deals/Daily Deals combined in a single 24 hour span to cause issues.

Though I've had both where Steam cock-blocked me and my card cock-blocked me. The difference between the two is that my card company sends me an e-mail when they cock-block me.

I didnt get a message from my CC company, I just used a separate credit card. Ill call them tomorrow and see whats up, its not big deal. I would have been ticked if I didn't have multiple cards and wasn't able to buy the PoP pack. I bought a bunch of extra gift copies of stuff today so Im guessing thats why they put a block on it....

#12055 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

I am guessing the Forgotten Sands has Uplay? Did the constant internet connection ever get patched out? I already have the first three so I will at least grab POP 2008.

#12056 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Though I've had both where Steam cock-blocked me and my card cock-blocked me. The difference between the two is that my card company sends me an e-mail when they cock-block me.

Here's a wrinkle I had. Steam C-blocked. Thought it was bank. Called CCard, said all is well. Went back to Steam. Bought Wallet credit as a safety w/o any issue.

STEAM C-BLOCKED MY PURCHASE EVEN THOUGH THEY ALLOWED WALLET PURCHASE. :roll:

What w have to go through for cheap games...

#12057 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

bear in mind: POP 2008 is missing the Epilogue DLC that the consoles got.
so be prepared for an incomplete ending.

#12058 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hey I slept (I know, but I have to work tonight) and while that was going on, did I miss a sale on Dungeon Defenders? I didn't see it added to expired deals in OP but it shows as a top sale game under $10 on my steam homepage.

AlkaliV2.png

#12059 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Do any of the POP games have controller support?

#12060 Jorbi

Jorbi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

This. Inquiring minds want to know...

(POP 2008 was great IMO. Not sure how SOT aged. Know nothing of the others (even though I own them. :lol: Any one, thoughts?)

gameplay wise, SoT is very good, I just finished it last week. The graphics are slightly retro, they look *a lot* like the Pirates! remake from the early/mid 2000s.

For all those following the Uplay concerns earlier in the thread, the service is working now.