Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#12061 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

bear in mind: POP 2008 is missing the Epilogue DLC that the consoles got.
so be prepared for an incomplete ending.

I heard various opinions, most suggesting it was kinda "meh".

And the console ending requires DLC thats probably more than 2 or 3 of these entire games in cost, right?

#12062 Jorbi

Jorbi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hey I slept (I know, but I have to work tonight) and while that was going on, did I miss a sale on Dungeon Defenders? I didn't see it added to expired deals in OP but it shows as a top sale game under $10 on my steam homepage.

Nope, It was a candidate for voting, but it wasn't chosen if I remember correctly.

#12063 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

Do any of the POP games have controller support?

I suspect POP 2008, and forgotten sands do. For the older ones, I've played Sands of Time, and all I had to do was plug in my 360 controller and go thorough and assign everything to buttons and movements on the controller and it worked fine. I assume it will work the same in Warrior Within, and Two thrones.

#12064 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

I heard various opinions, most suggesting it was kinda "meh".

And the console ending requires DLC thats probably more than 2 or 3 of these entire games in cost, right?

It's $10, so 4 of these

#12065 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

POP 2008 is by far the worst in the series, avoid at all costs. Seriously, half the game is running around collecting blue orbs, and you litterally cannot die....every time you fall it automatically saves you.

#12066 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Oh damn it, I just bought the PoP Collection when it was on the "hidden" glitch sale earlier for $14.99. Now it's even cheaper ><

#12067 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Ok so what games from the pack are worth buying. The PoP one?

Sands of Time has the best atmosphere, though its combat is rather simplistic compared to some of the other games. I believe that Ubisoft made Sands available for free online. The worst is Warrior Within if only for the fact that the generic rock soundtrack is completely out of place for the tone of the series. PoP 2008 is easily the best looking game in the collection. Overall the entire series is pretty solid IMO.

#12068 alkaliv2

alkaliv2

Wanted to be V1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

Thanks Jorbi, I was about to be a little upset.
Posted Image

#12069 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

I am extremely impressed with Bastion so far. Not what I was expecting at all, I was expecting some fantasy themed RPG with some deep mythical story, this is really cool actually.

In terms of art and presentation, simply incredible. But in terms of gameplay, its very repetitive.

Zarski843.jpg

#12070 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:24 AM

I am guessing the Forgotten Sands has Uplay? Did the constant internet connection ever get patched out? I already have the first three so I will at least grab POP 2008.

Quoting myself, cause this thread moves fast even at night. Anyone know?

#12071 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

Do any of the POP games have controller support?

All except Sands of Time list support.

#12072 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

All of the PoP games are good. The PoP 2009 was weak and a smidge repetitive, but SoT, WW, TT, Forgotten Sands, 2009, all good games. Don't know about Forgotten Sands and UbiDRM, I played that on console.

WW tonally is weird as hell, half Sam Raimi B-movie, half emo darkness. It doesn't work at all the way they tried it. But the combat is a huge step up for the series and the platforming is just as good.

Note I had a lot of trouble getting the 360 triggers to work in TT, but oddly they worked perfectly for WW and SoT.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#12073 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

In terms of art and presentation, simply incredible. But in terms of gameplay, its very repetitive.

It's how I found the game. I got to a point in Bastion where I just knew I was done because it got way too repetitive. I respect it's style, and presentation, but it's gameplay didn't want me coming back for more about halfway through.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12074 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

I am guessing the Forgotten Sands has Uplay? Did the constant internet connection ever get patched out? I already have the first three so I will at least grab POP 2008.

I was just going to ask which of these PoP games has Uplay or some other crappy DRM. That's a deal breaker for me especially after the Uplay shenanigans yesterday and earlier today.

#12075 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

Cool i picked up the walking dead and skyrim. I remember when steam came out around half life 2 people were in an uproar glad to see it still thriving and doing well.
I can't believe I remembered my original password lol

Um...steam came out a good year before Half-Life 2...and thats not counting beta. I put off getting steam till a month into actual release because I hated it and hated the idea of a client running to play games, especially one that required online connectivity...now look at where its gone and how the idea of extra clients for games has progressed...

Oh, and I remember when steam came out around counterstrike 1.6 and people were in an uproar mad to see it's still around but glad to see they didn't Fuck it up.

yeah it IS epic. you can play it right now too!

So I saw, since it won like everyone feared, I'll pick it up legit so I can play.

Here's a question (or role-call):

Raise your hand if you've kept up on this thread since the start of the Summer Sale.

Meaning, no skipping pages!

-raises hand-

I tried to until I slept and went back to my last read post...and saw 30 more pages after!!

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#12076 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

For those asking about the Prince of Persia from 2008, I enjoyed that game when I played through it. I definitely enjoyed the platforming, but I thought the combat was just okay. For $2.49, you can't really go wrong with it.

That is actually the only PoP game I've played. I don't have any of them on Steam. I've always heard nothing but great things about Sands of Time, so I should probably at least get that one.

Does Sands of Time hold up well?
Posted Image

#12077 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

I bought Coconut Queen and played it for around 45 minutes. My testicles actually started to recede into my body with each minute I put into it...by the end of the playing session I was watching a Melissa Gilbert movie om Lifetime and eating an entire box of Skinny Cow ice cream bars.

So it's like digital male to female transitioning hormone therapy? Awesome

#12078 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Hey Ubisoft so I have to deal with your DRM stuff to play your games.............. Ubi sucking my ***p

#12079 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Oh, and I remember when steam came out around counterstrike 1.6 and people were in an uproar mad to see it's still around but glad to see they didn't Fuck it up.

Exactly when I signed up for steam was counterstrike 1.6..Wow this and that 8 years of service badge makes me feel dated :cry:

#12080 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Exactly when I signed up for steam was counterstrike 1.6..Wow this and that 8 years of service badge makes me feel dated :cry:

Makes me feel like a boss! 8-)

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#12081 Jorbi

Jorbi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I was just going to ask which of these PoP games has Uplay or some other crappy DRM. That's a deal breaker for me especially after the Uplay shenanigans yesterday and earlier today.

Forgotten sands is the only one with Uplay. I think it got patched out, people say it has anyway. I haven't tried it, but I think offline mode will disable it.

#12082 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Is POP 2008 a good game?

PoP 2008 was the first PoP game I ever played. I thought the art style and music were wonderful on the PS3, so I suspect it looks even better on PC. However, I found the story very disjointed (why is Nathan Drake a Persian Prince? Wisecracks and all...), the platforming was way too "automatic", and the combat was miserable. I had high hopes for the combat since they promised so much depth with all the branching attack paths and patterns, but there is no weight or true variety behind them, and nearly all the fights make me want to pull my eyes out by the third one.

Overall, I'd say it's worth 2.49, but I wouldn't say it's a great game. The mandatory collectible hunt prevents you from just playing through casually and enjoying the atmosphere too.

#12083 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:32 AM

how do I redeem my guest pass? Someone gifted me one but I closed the window and now I don't know where I can download the guest pass.

#12084 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Anyone else having issues getting the Walking Dead to run on their system? I'm running a Win 7 64bit system and it won't even load the damn game. What a waste of $14 ... Telltale is a crap company that always releases glitchy shit and never fixes it ... case in point, Jurassic Park ... I should have learned my lesson with that ... but I liked the demo for WD on 360 ... damn

#12085 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

I thoroughly enjoyed POP 2008 on PS3 the first time, played through a second time immediately afterward for trophies and got completely burnt out on it. I played Forgotten Sands last year, was VERY impressed. I got to the end but I got frustrated with this one part where my co-ordination was not up to the task and I never went back. I really recommend Forgotten Sands. If you have some Uplay points you can unlock an Altair costume and play the entire game as an Assassin, which is what I did.

#12086 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

how do I redeem my guest pass? Someone gifted me one but I closed the window and now I don't know where I can download the guest pass.

Should be in your inventory and there should be an option to accept it when you select it in there.

#12087 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

Makes me feel like a boss! 8-)

Get to sit around and crack jokes about how back in the day Steam used to look like some greenish offbrand winamp skin.

Posted Image

#12088 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed POP 2008 on PS3 the first time, played through a second time immediately afterward for trophies and got completely burnt out on it. I played Forgotten Sands last year, was VERY impressed. I got to the end but I got frustrated with this one part where my co-ordination was not up to the task and I never went back. I really recommend Forgotten Sands. If you have some Uplay points you can unlock an Altair costume and play the entire game as an Assassin, which is what I did.

I loved POP 2008.
Still wish the Epilogue DLC would come to the PC.
Would love a true-blue sequel to that game.

About POP: Forgotten Sands, it was good...but it's definitely no POP 2008.

#12089 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

It's how I found the game. I got to a point in Bastion where I just knew I was done because it got way too repetitive. I respect it's style, and presentation, but it's gameplay didn't want me coming back for more about halfway through.

Yeah I'm an hour in and I'm tired of the gameplay. Instead of taking my time I am just trying to blast through everything.

Zarski843.jpg

#12090 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Get to sit around and crack jokes about how back in the day Steam used to look like some greenish offbrand winamp skin.

Posted Image

The Hell is that?