Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#12091 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

I decided to just buy SoT. If I had spent less this sale I would of retardedly bought the pack, but I have enough so far.

Damages so far $40.

Damn you Steam putting games I am slightly interested in on sale for next to nothing.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12092 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

The Hell is that?

How steam very first looked with all the windows.. the few options in the middle open xD Back before steam even though about selling games.

#12093 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

I loved POP 2008.
Still wish the Epilogue DLC would come to the PC.
Would love a true-blue sequel to that game.

About POP: Forgotten Sands, it was good...but it's definitely no POP 2008.

Does the DLC require progress up to a certain point on the console?

Could I play everything on the PC (as Id prefer) then fire up my xbox live, buy the DLC, and finish that part there?

Or is it a buy it AND finish the whole story via xbox

#12094 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

The Hell is that?

The reason I avoided Steam until a couple years ago :lol: Man, back then, every program had to have multiple windows, and every website had a shit-ton of frames (remember frame-setting in HTML?)

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#12095 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

I still adore that old olive drab Steam.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#12096 RageATM

RageATM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

Anyone else having issues getting the Walking Dead to run on their system? I'm running a Win 7 64bit system and it won't even load the damn game. What a waste of $14 ... Telltale is a crap company that always releases glitchy shit and never fixes it ... case in point, Jurassic Park ... I should have learned my lesson with that ... but I liked the demo for WD on 360 ... damn

Mine is loaded up just fine. Im running win 7 64bit also.
Please feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ratm69

#12097 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I loved POP 2008.
Still wish the Epilogue DLC would come to the PC.
Would love a true-blue sequel to that game.

About POP: Forgotten Sands, it was good...but it's definitely no POP 2008.

I'd say it was better than 2008 and I had no complaints about 2008. The whole freezing water thing kinda blew my mind. So underrated. The best thing about 2008 was the interaction between Prince and Elika, and the cool art style. I'll rephrase that, I think Forgotten had better gameplay than 2008. I bought epilogue on PS3 for $5 but never got around to playing it. I think you can live without it on PC, if you can't then go watch the ending on youtube or something. The end of the game was pretty shocking and WTF, but I accepted it and moved on.

Forgotten Sands has a digital deluxe for $7.49 FYI. Doesn't look too compelling.

#12098 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

Could I play everything on the PC (as Id prefer) then fire up my xbox live, buy the DLC, and finish that part there?

Or is it a buy it AND finish the whole story via xbox

you have to go to the “Extras” section… there you should have the option to play the epilogue. Enjoy it!
It’s a freestanding chapter, meaning that it doesn’t have anything to do with lightseed collecting or your previous progress in the main game.

Seems like its a stand alone. I like that.

#12099 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

I got on Steam in 2005. I believe the color changed to gray than olive drab by then but that picutes brings back memories of how the old interface looked, and how Steam has done so well to clean it up.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#12100 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

I just realized that RIsen 2 doesn't have any sort of discount : (

Poop.

Also what are the thoughts on Arcania Gothic IV? For $5 it is tempting.

#12101 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Mine is loaded up just fine. Im running win 7 64bit also.

Are you using an Nvidia graphics card or an ATI? Hmm, could be my antivirus too ... either way, really annoying, as no other game, running on Steam or otherwise has given me this much trouble recently.

- edit-

Get this ... found this on the telltale forum and it works ... "I changed compatibility settings to win98/me and checked the box disable desktop composition. And now it launches." Absolutely ridiculous ... Telltale ... you fucking suck, learn how to debug your god damn games.

#12102 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

No clue.
I'm a PC gamer, not a console gamer.
Epilogue DLC wasn't released on PC.

Maybe someone else knows the answer to that question...?

#12103 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

....I'll admit these flash sales are getting the best of me. 12.50 for all the PoP games? Must....resist...........

#12104 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

The reason I avoided Steam until a couple years ago :lol: Man, back then, every program had to have multiple windows, and every website had a shit-ton of frames (remember frame-setting in HTML?)

Or back when everyone made websites that looked like this? http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

Also I remember Steam made lan cafes and games a headache. As each user had to like log in then join and let the next person log in and join. Compared to how most cafes had it where all the copy's just ran off of one version of the game located on the main computer(server) in the cafe.

#12105 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

Are you using an Nvidia graphics card or an ATI? Hmm, could be my antivirus too ... either way, really annoying, as no other game, running on Steam or otherwise has given me this much trouble recently.

Runs fine on my system. Windows 7 64 Bit, Nvidia GTX460.

Secret of the Magic Crystals on the other hand gave me a crapload of problems. Apparently that game will not install anything. I gave up on it and installed Rush and apparently Rush installed whatever it was the horse game needed because it worked after that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12106 elgatohombre

elgatohombre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

The Hell is that?

Well, it looks like somebody didn't get a very high "Years of Service" Badge.

#12107 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Have the Monkey island pack and POP 2008, and Forgotten sands in my cart. Total cost will be $8.72 and its painful to think about clicking purchase. Damn you steam, you've made me a cheap bastard.

#12108 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

It's called iframe (inline frame) and some modern sites still actually use it. It's moved to the id attribute now if you're using properly updated HTML.

But yes, the original Steam GUI was terrible.

#12109 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

:applause: Thanks Motoki. I think Im clear with it all now.

So let say I buy a few games impulsively (for cheap) and they are to head to the back of my backlog until such time as I want to fool with them. Why redeem them to my account right away vs. leave them in giftable form in case I feel it better to pass them along to someone else who will get more out of them?

I keep feeling there must be a downside or a *gotcha* I missing because nobody seems to do this. Its buy for me, straight to the library it goes. Although, maybe most have more self control than me and don't buy "maybe someday" titles just because they are good deals.:lol:

Part of it is the inventory system is still fairly recent. In the olden days we didn't have that. Also I think part of it is psychological for me. I feel like if I redeem it I will play it (even though I don't :roll:) whereas if I keep it as a gift I know it's definitely in the backlog and I can't live in denial.

If I want to purchase a game as a gift, and most likely just gift the game to myself later, do I choose the "Email My Gift" option and use my own email, or do I use the "Store the Gift in my Inventory" option?

I think either should be fine really. Emailing it too yourself is just the old pre-inventory days way but it still works. Redeeming to inventory is fine too. If you email it to yourself it still stays in your inventory anyway until it gets redeemed.

#12110 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

I just realized that RIsen 2 doesn't have any sort of discount : (

Poop.

Also what are the thoughts on Arcania Gothic IV? For $5 it is tempting.

I was checking on it in SPUF and it was pretty unanimously hated by Gothic fans.

#12111 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

I bought Coconut Queen and played it for around 45 minutes. My testicles actually started to recede into my body with each minute I put into it...by the end of the playing session I was watching a Melissa Gilbert movie om Lifetime and eating an entire box of Skinny Cow ice cream bars.

Lul. "Your own private getaway is devoid of females, so find company among the brawny native gents who welcome you with succulent fruits."

You can still get a taste of that olive Steam flavor by checking out the menus in Day of Defeat 1.3.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#12112 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Or back when everyone made websites that looked like this? http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

Also I remember Steam made lan cafes and games a headache. As each user had to like log in then join and let the next person log in and join. Compared to how most cafes had it where all the copy's just ran off of one version of the game located on the main computer(server) in the cafe.

Oh how technology has advanced. I remember making a web page or two using Geocities. Oy. All these people reminiscing is making me feel quite old.

#12113 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Found the answer about Forgotten sands and DRM.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2810742
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2710656

The always online part was removed, and you only have to activate the cd-key to a uplay account the first time. After that you can apparently just use an offline mode for the game. I am now further tempted.

#12114 RageATM

RageATM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Radeon HD 6870

Edit:

Glad you got it working
Please feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ratm69

#12115 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Ubisoft are complete idiots for not updating their product pages when they patch "always online" DRM out of their games. How many sales does that cost them, when people read that and decide not to buy. Stupid. I would have said no to Forgotten Sands, did my own research and discovered that DRM was patched out. Most people wouldn't bother to look into it.

As tempting as these POP prices are, I own the two recent ones on PS3 and will never play em again, and not really interested in the older ones. Going to pass. If you haven't played 2008 and Forgotten Sands I recommend them.

#12116 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Ubisoft are complete idiots for not updating their product pages when they patch "always online" DRM out of their games. How many sales does that cost them, when people read that and decide not to buy. Stupid. I would have said no to Forgotten Sands, did my own research and discovered that DRM was patched out. Most people wouldn't bother to look into it.

Yeah, cause tbh if the always online was still in effect I would have passed. You'd think Ubisoft would get the message that people hate their DRM and at least let people know when they patch it out and scale it back.

#12117 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Oh, Shaq-fu you, Steam. Here I was, being all cheap, proud of myself for not giving in on Alan Wake, and you put up all the PP games for $12.49. I'm tempted just to pick up PoP 2008 & SoT, but at that price, it's like, why not just get them all? Especially since I've heard mostly good things about the rest of the series (not great, but definitely $2.49/game.)

You know what Gabe needs to make? A time-creator. Not a time machine, but something that will make all the time needed to play all these freaking games. He could charge a MINT and I have NO DOUBT people would pay.

Edit: Question - does any one know how the PoP bundle works? If I buy it as a gift to myself and throw it in my inventory, will I get a copy of each game in my inventory, or just a single item that activates all 5 games when I install it in Steam?

#12118 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Runs fine on my system. Windows 7 64 Bit, Nvidia GTX460.

Secret of the Magic Crystals on the other hand gave me a crapload of problems. Apparently that game will not install anything. I gave up on it and installed Rush and apparently Rush installed whatever it was the horse game needed because it worked after that.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I had no issues w SotMC under Win 7 64 & it installed and ran just fine. Of course I already have a bajiilion and one other games installed so maybe I already had what it needed.

#12119 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Any thoughts on the newest Prince of Persia? I really liked the older games, but then they started to get repetitive. Its been years since I've played one though.

Zarski843.jpg

#12120 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

God, I'm so torn on all these opinions about the PoP games...

---

SoT is the best, but is dated. Feels retro (and should be a little cheaper, in my opinion).

Warrior Within has good combat, but "doesn't work" with the whole emo thing. It's also a bit dated.

The Two Thrones... Well, no one has even mentioned the Two Thrones.

PoP 2008 is the "prettiest" and is awesome, but apparently the combat is weak and collecting "orbs" is stupid.

Forgotten Sands is the newest, but somehow isn't the prettiest. It also has the lowest Metacritic score.

---

I want at least one of these for the price they're at. The bundle is stupid; it should be $9.99. Regardless, which one should I get if I've never played the series? I don't want Sands of Time, I'd rather pick that up on sale on GOG someday. Warrior Within looks cool, but it also looks kinda dated like SoT. No one even mentioned the Two Thrones.

So I'm kinda torn between PoP 2008 and Forgotten Sands. Someone convince me which is the best choice for a new PoP'er?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png