Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#13291 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Man, I don't like that TotalBiscuit guy. Haven't heard of Mount & Blade until yesterday. Looked at some videos, though meh. Saw the deal again, decided to see if there was a WTF is... on it. Also didn't know about WTF is... until yesterday. So I watch it now, and then buy Mount & Blade with 5 minutes left on the deal. More money I definitely did not plan to spend :(
Posted Image

#13292 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Tried out the Civ V demo, and I really didn't want this to happen, but I'm really loving it and I can see how much fun this would be if I were to get it.
I know this has already been asked before (or in some variation), but if I just wanted a "complete" experience without buying the complete pack, what DLC is recommended/almost necessary for this game (of course, excluding the base game)?

#13293 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Man, I forgot how horrendously dull Saints Row 3 and Serious Sam 3 were
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#13294 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you're doing Wallet Hari Kari on the Railworks, keep in mind that two wintersales ago they did a Railworks Everything pack for $200; it included every DLC at the time with a base price of nearly 1k. It may show up again within the year.

#13295 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Man, I don't like that TotalBiscuit guy. Haven't heard of Mount & Blade until yesterday. Looked at some videos, though meh. Saw the deal again, decided to see if there was a WTF is... on it. Also didn't know about WTF is... until yesterday. So I watch it now, and then buy Mount & Blade with 5 minutes left on the deal. More money I definitely did not plan to spend :(

So do you not like him cause you don't like something about him? Or cause he made you spend more money?

#13296 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

How long do you think until this thread starts to bug out? lol I can't believe how many new posts have happened just in this thread in the past 48 hours.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#13297 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Ok, if Im understand this right, I can get a good intro to the Assassins Creed series by going with AC2 for $4.99? Any DRM gotchas or other issues to concern myself with? Any other opinions as to the AC best to start with?

#13298 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I hope they don't structure the next sale this way. It's good for people who missed out on a deal the first time, but otherwise it's annoying to see the same games on sale.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#13299 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you just come here to say that fairly well liked and popular games suck/are boring? I'm not being rude or anything, just asking.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13300 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I hope they don't structure the next sale this way. It's good for people who missed out on a deal the first time, but otherwise it's annoying to see the same games on sale.

I prefer the past sales over this in terms of structure as well.

It is too much to keep track of, before I would check each day at noon. Now I am checking every few hours just to be sure!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you just come here to say that fairly well liked and popular games suck/are boring? I'm not being rude or anything, just asking.

Be gentle RollingSkull... he is new and has logged 900 posts in about a months time.

#13301 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

The Pendulo bundle is actually a decent deal if you like Adventure games. It has Yesterday in it which is a recent release and a pretty good game albeit short. I think $15 for all of those is a good price but it's obviously not an indie bundle level good price and those games are sort of niche-y, at least in the US.

Dungeon Siege III Complete should also be noted is the only way to get DS 1&2 on Steam.

If it helps anyone make their decision, there's a level where you can dress as a clown and poison some donuts.

I know that was always my goal when playing games.

Motoki, thought you might be interested in this. http://www.horridhenry.me/
tried it but he is so freaking annoying. glad it was in an indie bundle.

My god, my poor eyes. The music also makes me want to Van Gogh my ears.

steam_sig.png

#13302 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Tried out the Civ V demo, and I really didn't want this to happen, but I'm really loving it and I can see how much fun this would be if I were to get it.
I know this has already been asked before (or in some variation), but if I just wanted a "complete" experience without buying the complete pack, what DLC is recommended/almost necessary for this game (of course, excluding the base game)?

I'd just go with Civ5 goty which gets you all of the dlc (except 2). Buying the DLC separate would be like .75-1.25 each about, so for $5 extra you're getting 11 pieces if you get the GOTY edition at $12.50. (These are all sale prices atm)

#13303 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I own Civ V - Digital Deluxe. What DLC do I not already own and what is the cheapest way to get it? (Other then Gods & Kings, which I want to get cheaper)
Want Amazon, Paypal or Starbucks gift cards just by searching the internet? Just join swag bucks then. I have earned $140 in Amazon GCs so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13304 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

I prefer the past sales over this in terms of structure as well.

It is too much to keep track of, before I would check each day at noon. Now I am checking every few hours just to be sure!

Yeah I missed the Fallout flash sale this morning because of work I hope it turns out to be a daily deal before its over.

Edit: aw yeahh page 666

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#13305 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

Dungeon Siege III Complete should also be noted is the only way to get DS 1&2 on Steam.

I wish I could just get I and II by themselves... I bought III from a fellow CAG quite a while ago and would honestly rather play I or II over III any day.

#13306 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

Be gentle RollingSkull... he is new and has logged 900 posts in about a months time.

My thoughts exactly... Except for the gentle part. ;)

Not being rude or anything, just saying.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I just bought Hitman: Silent Assassin, as it's the only one I don't own on Steam (excluding the new one). Put it in my cart, $2.49, entered in my PayPal info, and checked out without looking at the price, now $5.99? So I paid $5.99, and it still shows up as $2.49 in the Steam Store... FML.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13307 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

I actually prefer it this way. The achievement hunts are nice but sometimes its just annoying. Plus this way more things ultimately get a chance to be marked down further.

#13308 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

That's what he does. He usually gives a full scale diatribe on them, too, and compares them to popular indie games that he also hates. Must not be feeling too well today. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#13309 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I blame the new Valve Hatconamist...

It's always the hats' fault. :twisted:

Honestly, anything is better than collecting coal.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#13310 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

The Pendulo bundle is actually a decent deal if you like Adventure games. It has Yesterday in it which is a recent release and a pretty good game albeit short. I think $15 for all of those is a good price but it's obviously not an indie bundle level good price and those games are sort of niche-y, at least in the US.

I've been waiting on a great deal for the Pendulo adventure games. This is by far the best deal they've ever been on, particularly considering Yesterday is a recent release and The Next Big Thing is still $30 regular.

Easy buy for me, and if you're an adventure game fan, it should be an easy pickup for you, too.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#13311 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

My thoughts exactly... Except for the gentle part. ;)

Not being rude or anything, just saying.

Hey, I'm new right? No way to know without asking.

In vino veritas.

That's what he does. He usually gives a full scale diatribe on them, too, and compares them to popular indie games that he also hates. Must not be feeling too well today. ;)

Thank you for being helpful!

See, all I knew of the chap was "STOP TALKING ABOUT CHIPPED DISCS" from the GameFly topic. I felt that I should ask, rather than judging him from a few token experiences.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13312 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

If I recall from what I heard, DS3 Complete has DS1 Vanilla + DS2 Vanilla (without expansions) and w/out their MP.

Still, damn good deal for $10 For DS1, 2, 3 though.

#13313 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

I say let Valve try new ideas. I don't really prefer it either way. The achievement hunts and coal mining were a giant mess. Exciting but stressful. Here, it's a lot more relaxing. Nothing lasts more than 8 hours, so you need only check in the morning, at lunch, and as your evening progresses at home. Plus, those flash sales have been duplicated a lot.

Just wish they would stop bilking me on tepid, unimpressive games, but I already have all the great ones. The downside of being a Steam sale veteran.

Eying that Pendulo bundle but I can't pull the trigger. My Telltale backlog is too huge, and that doesn't even count Grey Matter, Blackwell, and Gemini Rue.

Whoever says adventure games are dying should be slapped.

#13314 Cadwr

Cadwr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Yesterday was one of the games on my list, and one that I didn't expect to get any lower than the normal sale price. Definitely grabbing it for $7.50.

#13315 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

So the first 5 mins of SR3 where you have an elaborate fight in an outside of a crashing plane was boring eh? You must be hopped up on heroine 24/7 if you didn't get a rush from that.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#13316 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hey, I'm new right? No way to know without asking.

In vino veritas.

You come off as very skeptical to me, just giving you a hard time. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13317 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

So the first 5 mins of SR3 where you have an elaborate fight in an outside of a crashing plane was boring eh? You must be hopped up on heroine 24/7 if you didn't get a rush from that.

That part was decent. Hell, both the first couple of levels were alright in a scripted nonsense sense but the game just has this magic way of sucking the fun out of what should be great scenarios.

SS3 just does the same with repetition.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#13318 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

If I recall from what I heard, DS3 Complete has DS1 Vanilla + DS2 Vanilla (without expansions) and w/out their MP.

I thought I read somewhere that some people found a way to do multiplayer, I think with hamachi or something? I don't know. I don't really do multiplayer so I didn't pay it too much mind.

I do know that I was able to get the DS2 expansion (boxed retail) to install with the Steam version though I did have to edit a path in an ini file to point to the steam location for DS instead of the standard install directory.

steam_sig.png

#13319 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

You come off as very skeptical to me, just giving you a hard time. ;)

Come at me bro

bZ2g3eF.png

#13320 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

I thought I read somewhere that some people found a way to do multiplayer, I think with hamachi or something? I don't know. I don't really do multiplayer so I didn't pay it too much mind.

Hmmm....Interesting...

I do know that I was able to get the DS2 expansion (boxed retail) to install with the Steam version though I did have to edit a path in an ini file to point to the steam location for DS instead of the standard install directory.

Interesting.
I have DS1 + LOA & DS2 + Broken World on retail discs somewhere... :D