Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#13351 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

The game Yesterday, in the Pendulo pack which is on flash sale right now, looks awesome and has received very positive reviews. check it out, this is the cheapest it's been yet, at $7.49!

#13352 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Aww poor Winter Voices. Man that is like the nichiest of niche-y games. It's depressing as hell, a pain in the ass to play and somehow I still like it.

Anyway, the dev is still working on it and there have been some beta patches. It was yanked for the store a while back but it's coming back!

In all seriousness, I really hope it comes back. I still haven't played it, and I'm glad I didn't because I would have been pissed not to have been able to finish it within a week or so, but I really hope it comes back soon because it speaks to me, and not in the troll-y sense.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13353 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Makes me wish I passed on the Pendulo pack from last winter, since I haven't even gotten around to those games yet. Explains why I'm buying less in this sale.

The Pendulo pack is great. I tried to play the Runaway Turtle game earlier this year, but the retail copy is bugged and crashes halfway through the first chapter. Think I have to DL a no cd patch to get it to run right or something. Maybe the Steam version doesn't have that issue, but I have a ton of adventure games to finish and prefer them dark.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13354 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hmmm...gonna have to think about the pendulo pack. I've been wanting to try out Yesterday, but I'm afraid that if I buy it, a majority of those games will go unplayed for quite a long time. I'm sure it will show up as a daily deal, so I can probably wait on this one and think it over.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#13355 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

I've been really curious about those Pendulo games and that price is pretty good; but like others, I have a lot of other adventure games to play as it is (Telltale Almost Everything pack!). I guess this at least sets precedent that it could hit this price in the future if I skip it for now...and it will probably get a daily deal anyway like all the other flash deals.
Posted Image

#13356 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Always wanted to try a basketball game. NBA 2K12 is about a year old and is at $10 right now.

Generally, sports games get more and more complicated with each year by adding countless new modes, moves, and control schemes.
Would this one be easy to pick up for someone who has never played a basketball game before or should I just give up at this point?

#13357 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

You would give out a Hawaiian-themed game!

Too bad it's on my REAL wishlist (which I don't show anyone), so joke's on you!

Hey, it's now on my wishlist too ;). I wouldn't mind if anyone gifted it to me!

Not on your wishlists anymore.

steam_sig.png

#13358 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Boom! Cricket Revolution volley returned!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#13359 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Ah yes, I was wrong - the Civ V Digital Deluxe edition had only the one Civ; GOTY has some of the others.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#13360 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Boom! Cricket Revolution volley returned!

Whenever Flowette talks about it I'm like Wait that's a game? That's a thing? I'm still in disbelief.

steam_sig.png

#13361 BigHerky

BigHerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Can someone convince me to get/not get the dungeon siege pack.

I never played any dungeon crawlers until diablo 3 which I liked a lot and played up till i got tired of inferno. I have torchlight and torchlight 2 preordered and not sure if i should add the dungeon siege pack to the backlog.

#13362 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Always wanted to try a basketball game. NBA 2K12 is about a year old and is at $10 right now.

Generally, sports games get more and more complicated with each year by adding countless new modes, moves, and control schemes.
Would this one be easy to pick up for someone who has never played a basketball game before or should I just give up at this point?

NBA 2k is the ONLY game I pay full price for each and every year. That said, the controls are deep deep deep. You can function on the lower levels ok but it becomes a very repetitive as the ways you can score easily are limited so you spam em.
They *say* theres a casual-ness to it with sliders and such but its truly shines to the hardcore of the hardcore. Ive played countless number of hours (easily over 1k-I play a full season 12 min qtrs at least every year) and Im not 80% of where I feel I should be.

The streetball modes and hall of famer stuff is awesome and Id say worth $10. But to get into the greatness requires some real bball knowledge and some stickwork.

#13363 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Not on your wishlists anymore.

Well, so long to the games that I pre-ordered 6 months ago and was just about to start playing, because I swore that these games would go to the top of my backlog... Thanks Motoki! :lol: (If you look closely, there are tears falling from that laughing face's eyes)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13364 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

I never played any dungeon crawlers until diablo 3 which I liked a lot and played up till i got tired of inferno. I have torchlight and torchlight 2 preordered and not sure if i should add the dungeon siege pack to the backlog.

I read on a forum somewhere that 75% of people who play it have their wee-wees fall off. Scared enough to take a pass now?

#13365 rirath

rirath

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

The only thing I could say is Diablo 2, Titan Quest, or Divine Divinity might be more worth your time. I thought Dungeon Siege was quite passable though.

#13366 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

This is starting to get mean :lol:

logo.png

#13367 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Orcs Must Die! 2 is now able to be preorder
$13.49 10% off
2 Pack $22.49 10% off

#13368 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Well finally got around to playing a little bit of Amnesia tonight and holy hell is it scary. $5 well spent!

#13369 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

This is starting to get mean :lol:

:grouphug:Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.:grouphug:

Oh and you were flat on the last part so F YOU!

#13370 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Well finally got around to playing a little bit of Amnesia tonight and holy hell is it scary. $5 well spent!

If you've only played a little bit, you haven't even gotten to the scary part yet :twisted:

logo.png

#13371 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Don't get it. If you really want it then get DS1 and 2 in a bargain bin somewhere on disc for a couple of bucks if you can find them. Or check Amazon sellers or Ebay.

3 is just blah and generic in every way. It's not even bad. At least that would be memorable. (Hey, I'm on a bad game kick right now) It's just bland.

The first two games were decent for the time and can be fun if you play multiplayer with friends but visually they are a bit dated.

Honestly with the two Torchlights you should be kept busy for a while and those are better choices.

steam_sig.png

#13372 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Oh hey, I can! Let's see...Dungeon Siege 3 is absolute garbage, it's a port of a console game that didn't play well to begin with.

DS1 and 2 are great games...that have been completely neutered for this pack. There's no multiplayer and neither have their expansions. DS1 can survive this, DS2 basically needs its expansion to make it a complete game.

So...buy Titans Quest Gold. Or just play more Diablo 3. Or go find a copy of DS2 and its expansion somewhere.

All better choices than this pack.

Edit: Darn you Motoki! Daaaaaarn yooooooou!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13373 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Motoki you island minx!

#13374 drunknmunkys

drunknmunkys

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

DS2 is good if you like Baulder's Gate era RPGs - it was my favorite game in middle school. DS3 is crap. The choice is yours.

Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

#13375 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

The only thing I could say is Diablo 2, Titan Quest, or Divine Divinity might be more worth your time. I thought Dungeon Siege was quite passable though.

Okay, tangent question: what is the best dungeon crawler/loot game to be controller-enabled? I was reading here that Dungeon Siege III actually does feature controller support (even though it does not say "controller-enabled" on the game's page itself) but I think I would want to try a higher-regarded game for my first dip in the dungeon crawler pool. (The $5 asking price is nice, but only a 72% Metacritic rating...?)

Any thoughts?

#13376 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

edit: Darn you motoki! Daaaaaarn yooooooou!

coconut ninja powers ACTIVATE

steam_sig.png

#13377 BigHerky

BigHerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks for the advice everyone, decided id pass. Does anyone think Titan Quest may come up on sale later?

#13378 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone, decided id pass. Does anyone think Titan Quest may come up on sale later?

It usually does. I think I bought it for 8 dollars or five dollars at some point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13379 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Titan Quest Gold (which is what you want) goes on sale for $5 regularly, but not every summer sale. I would be willing to bet that between now and the end of the year, it will hit $5 at least twice. At the very least, you'll see it by the end of the winter sale.

logo.png

#13380 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Done.

Thats a beautiful avy. :applause:
Posted Image