Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#13531 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

All this talk about Coconut Queen...

Posted Image

The coconut queen talk is very serious. Any game devoid of all females but 1 and is jam packed with brawny gents and their succulent fruits gets my vote. I played for like an hour or so. I do really enjoy secrets of the magic crystals though. I scored a perfect on my dressage training first time I did it.

#13532 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yet again nothing interesting on Community's Choice.

And I keep asking why the same games keep showing up on Daily Deal, Community's Choice and Flash Deals...

I'm a bit bored with them also. I keep waiting for them to throw up the Stalker joints but nothing yet. I might bite on Crysis but that SecuRom annoys me.

#13533 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Man, I wish Dungeon Siege I & II were available on their own. I already played Dungeon Siege III on 360 and while it was a very good Baldur's Gate: DA-like co-op hack-n-slash, I have no real desire to own it on Steam.
76561197996844513.png

#13534 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Wow. While I love the idea of all my games on steam, paying $10 per to not have to dig out my discs is tough.
Im curious if anyone knows if saves can be put INTO a Steam version when they were created on a retail outlet copy (ex. Play the full CDs then find it for $5 years from now on Steam. Add to my steam edition and can pick up from my cd saves?

Yes you can copy of old saves from the retail versions of Morrowind and Oblivion. Bethesda also added cloud save to them last year so when you copy those old saves then Steam will also upload them to the cloud.

Things that anger me:

Kotor: Release Date: Nov 19, 2003 $2.49
Morrowind: Release Date: Apr 29, 2002 $11.49

Is Morrowind 5x better or is somebody just 5x more douchie.

Yes and no. They are just very different games and both good for what they are. KOTOR is Bioware so you've got story, characters, dialog etc. Morrowind is an open free form game. It's got a ton of mods. It also has one of the most unique settings. You really feel like you are on another world. Even the animals are unique. In terms of atmosphere they really outdid themselves.

And what others have said is right. Morrowind never seems to have hit below $10 by itself and Oblivion hit $5 for the lesser pack. Although I have to say that Oblivion pack has all the DLC that's worth a damn, Knights and Shivering. The forts and horsey armor and crap like that are bleh. You can find stuff in the modding community for free that's better.

Gahh!! Risen 2 looks cool but for only 33% off it doesn't look worth it at all. Arkham City for 66% off though....:D

This is the first time I've heard of Risen 2. Looks pretty interesting actually, especially if there is a community full of mods that can fix some of the issues with the game. A Pirate RPG definitely looks interesting.

I liked it. It's a lot of fun playing a pirate. Not a perfect game but enjoyable. The critics were pretty brutual to it, overly so imo, but part of that was also that the version they evaluated didn't have the ability to block creatures or dodge attacks. They did patch that in soon after though and it makes a BIG difference.

I think they are being kind of tight assed on that discount. That game bombed HARD on Steam. Deep Silver claims it did well. I have my doubts but if so it must have been at European retail. Definitely not on Steam.

It has pretty strong community support in Germany but be warned a lot of them rabidly hate Steam with a violent passion act as if Gabe burned their house down, slapped their mother and killed their kitten. Don't be shocked to see a bunch of Euro-tirades on the evils of Steam if you hang around those forums too long. Anyway there is an unofficial patch. Doesn't look like Deep Silver will be pushing another one.

http://forum.worldof...=1#post19094558

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP Motoki. You will forever be remembered as the queen of all coconuts and horse grooming.

The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Anyway, most of that time was AFK. I swear!

Mother Fuck er

Recently, a fan of Coconut Queen contacted me to ask about the sequel. It’s true, we tried setting the game up to end on a cliffhanger, with lots of unanswered questions, to help push for a sequel. We loved making that game, as the subject material was rich with humorous opportunities wrapped around a very solid mechanic.

But the sequel was not meant to be. As I explained to George T., the game was a critical success but a commercial flop. I won’t go into the reasons, but the game made back less than 10% of what it cost to develop it, by my calculations. Under those circumstances, no sane company would throw more money at a franchise, and I’m not one to disagree!

That game couldn't have cost $100 to make. So it's made $10. Motoki was like 50% of all sales!:lol:

I think I have already spent more than $10 on it this sale so far.

So they are like the 38 Studios of the Big Fish world? Aww man now I kind of feel bad for them. Truthfully, besides the fact that the premise is so over the top, obviously for women and extremely emasculating for a guy to play, it's really not that bad of a game. You basically just manage an island resort and build more cabanas and shaved ice stands and junk like that. I mean it ain't high art but it's not quite Bad Rats or Horrid Henry either.

steam_sig.png

#13535 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm a bit bored with them also. I keep waiting for them to throw up the Stalker joints but nothing yet. I might bite on Crysis but that SecuRom annoys me.

I figured that the initial (mistake) 75% off STALKER at the start of the sale was a major "tell" that it would end up being a flash deal. I need Clear Sky to complete the series.

#13536 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

I've heard the PC port of DS3 isn't the greatest, or I would have jumped on that.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#13537 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

They're probably going to lose your interest more and more as the deals go on, since they are basically recycled. Just vote for whichever you believe most people want (I assumed would be Witcher 2) if nothing interests you.

Done.

Hoping that Torchlight I will get an awesome deal eventually :/

#13538 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh man, what the hell. I didn't unlock the "15 Votes" thing for the badge, but I'm 99% sure I voted every single time. This is a load of bollocks.
Posted Image

#13539 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I figured that the initial (mistake) 75% off STALKER at the start of the sale was a major "tell" that it would end up being a flash deal. I need Clear Sky to complete the series.

Man... if STALKER comes by during the sale I advise anyone who doesn't own it to buy it! Best immersion I've ever had in a post-apocalyptic FPS. Be sure to install the Stalker Complete MOD first though. Severely improves gameplay and graphics without disturbing the feeling of the game (if anything, it enhances it drastically!)

Still not convinced? Read this arcticle:

http://www.eurogamer...l-k-e-r-article

#13540 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Personally I wouldn't. I'd wait until more are actually available on the platform you're using. I'm debating on whether to get it in general, haha.

Yeah, I have a soft spot for cheap games and point and click adventure games. Not a good combo during this sale!

#13541 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Is it me or is there a significant lack of people in the steam chat room? Add me ppl Tramskivroto.

Need more games!
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#13542 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Anyone who passes on the Pendulo Adventure Pack is a bad person.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#13543 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Guess I'm a bad person. :(

#13544 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Dungeon Seige looks kinda like Torchlight or God of War with a free camera or Kingdoms of Amalur, are any of those close to being right? I've never looked into this game at all and just watched the trailer on Steam.

#13545 viksmart

viksmart

*Accidental Dupe*
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#13546 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

This thread is getting glitched all to hell. It takes forever for a post to go through. Which makes people think that it didn't go through. Which causes people to resend the post, and thus, double post.

Hate to say it, but we might need a new thread before the summer sale is even over.

#13547 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Dungeon Seige looks kinda like Torchlight or God of War with a free camera or Kingdoms of Amalur, are any of those close to being right? I've never looked into this game at all and just watched the trailer on Steam.

Closer to Torchlight. Dungeon hack and slash...
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#13548 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Basically Torchlight but way consolized and if you sucked the life and anything unique or interesting about it out of it.

This thread is getting glitched all to hell. It takes forever for a post to go through. Which makes people think that it didn't go through. Which causes people to resend the post, and thus, double post.

Hate to say it, but we might need a new thread before the summer sale is even over.

It's been like that for me for a couple of days at least.

steam_sig.png

#13549 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Oh man, what the hell. I didn't unlock the "15 Votes" thing for the badge, but I'm 99% sure I voted every single time. This is a load of bollocks.

I know I've voted/attempted to vote in every one as well, but it's been a bit buggy. Maybe after this vote is tallied you'll get the 15. Hard to believe there have been that many votes already.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13550 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

for those who missed the New Vegas Ultimate Ed. for 10 bucks, Gamestop has it that activates onsteam for $10.19
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13551 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I tried to suggest a new thread but you all shot it down. And now I get to be super smug about it :)

#13552 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for the Dungeon Siege info, I have Torchlight 2 pre-ordered already so I'll skip this. Just wanted to make an informed decision instead of immediately writing it off.

I don't know if this will influence anyone's purchase but I just learned that Arkham City not only has an installation limit via Securom but that Securom confirmed the claim on Steam forums that there is a revoke limit as well. What the hell! One guy has hit the limit but not everyone believed him til now.

I got the 15 votes task completed.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 17 July 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#13553 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'm not buying it because of the damn ad they run 14 times through every episode of Impractical Jokers. That ad is so terrible and annoying they'll never see a dime of mine.

#13554 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Treasures of the Sun worth $2.50? Bueller? Bueller?

#13555 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

the task for voting 15 times registered for me :)
Posted Image

#13556 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Found that blog that Supadupacheap linked about Coconut Queen. OMG he's going to make a knockoff sequel called Cumquat King!

http://megowan.wordp...2-will-be-made/

steam_sig.png

#13557 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Or a Mac owner. "What's the difference? :lol:"

#13558 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Treasures of the Sun worth $2.50? Bueller? Bueller?

If you liked the vanilla game then it is definitely worth picking up. More adventures, respecs and a unique ability is the gist of it.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#13559 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Basically Torchlight but way consolized and if you sucked the life and anything unique or interesting about it out of it.

Sooo... Torchlight!

#13560 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Or a Mac owner. "What's the difference? :lol:"

ZING!

We love you Mac gamers!

Actually I wish more games like this would launch with both instead of making Mac owners wait.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com