Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#121 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hmm, my UBIcoupon works on the base game and the (cheapest) character pack DLC, but not the two other (expensive) DLCs. Off to the trading thread then...
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#122 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hmm, my UBIcoupon works on the base game and the (cheapest) character pack DLC, but not the two other (expensive) DLCs. Off to the trading thread then...

Oh man, I'm gonna be so glad when these coupons expire. I've spent more time on that board trying to trade coupons than I have playing games over the past two weeks.

#123 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

The coupons only works on stuff released before January 2, that's why is not working on the new DLC.

#124 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Thank you for the link, Motoki. That told me everything about that game that I wanted to know, good and bad. I now feel that I know it well enough not to need to play it.

#125 oasis789

oasis789

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Man, I wish I had a ubisoft coupon now.

#126 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

The coupons only works on stuff released before January 2, that's why is not working on the new DLC.

D'oh! Good catch.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#127 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Daily Deal:
Jurassic Park - The Game 66% $29.99 $10.19

Metacritic 55/100

#128 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Today's Daily Deal is Jurassic Park; The Game. 66% off making it $10.19

http://store.steampo.../?snr=1_4_4__43

Anyone have a Telltale coupon they don't need?

#129 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hmm, that JP Adventure game was on my list of maybes if it goes cheap enough but the reviews for it are pretty awful.

#130 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's raining adventure games lately as daily deals.

I liked Jurassic Park quite a bit, but it's definitely not a game for everyone. Be sure to check out some gameplay video before biting.

#131 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Mmm, tempted by Jurassic Park. Another coupon would make it tastier.

#132 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Already have it for free through PSN, so no temptation here.
Posted Image

#133 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

lame, they could have slightly redeemed themselves by having a valve sale today since there are a SHIT load of valve coupons in the wild due to only valve coupons being spit out for the last few days of the winter event. Accumulated 8 different coupons, used or been able to trade zero, fail.

Guardian_owl.png

#134 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'd pick up Jurassic park if I had a 50% off coupon. I'm interested in it but it's not worth 10 to me. It will be cheaper.

#135 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'd pick up Jurassic park if I had a 50% off coupon. I'm interested in it but it's not worth 10 to me. It will be cheaper.

Yeah I think that is kind of where I am at with it too. I was going to add that I hate to be a cheapass about it, but then I remembered where I am. :-P

#136 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks like I might use one of my coupons after all. I have a 33% Telltale coupon. I'll bite Jurassic Park, who knows? It might not be that horrible.

#137 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Damn. I overslept and forgot to purchase Dead Mountaineer's Hotel while it was on sale. I was genuinely interested in it too.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#138 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Damn. I overslept and forgot to purchase Dead Mountaineer's Hotel while it was on sale. I was genuinely interested in it too.

Read the reviews you'll be glad you overslept

#139 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Read the reviews you'll be glad you overslept

That was why I put off buying it. I was going to pull the trigger, despite the reviews, today, but overslept.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#140 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Telltalle is coming out with a Walking Dead game, which I'm really excited for. JP looked cool, but looking at the Metascore just scares me.

TyranitarJr.png

#141 unless

unless

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

lame, they could have slightly redeemed themselves by having a valve sale today since there are a SHIT load of valve coupons in the wild due to only valve coupons being spit out for the last few days of the winter event.

I was hoping for this as well; it's why I held on to a 50% off Valve coupon just in case. On the off chance anyone wants it, pm me.

Telltalle is coming out with a Walking Dead game, which I'm really excited for.

I would buy this just to watch each of those stupid damn characters die. Except Glenn, he's alright.

#142 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Let me just warn you guys that Jurassic Park is a very buggy game. One of the first scenes involve a girl and her father, she's using binoculars, and she makes a remark when zooming into an item. When it zooms out, they repeat the exact same dialog. It happens a few times.

Also, I could not get my Logitech Dual Action to work properly, even with the Xbox 360 emulator. The first prompt for RT did not work.

Also, and this is a personal "pet peeve", I'm a SNES guy, so when you have to respond to a QTE having to press X, I press the SNES X button, but the Xbox 360 controller buttons are the exact opposite from the SNES controller. Same with A and B. Very annoying. Also, when I see RB I thing "right back", which is the RT button.

I don't think I'm mentally capable of playing this game.

#143 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

You haven't played Brotherhood or even AC2 and still you're tempted by Revelations? My god! That is some OCD right there :shock: I think it's pretty clear that by the time you finish Brotherhood, Revelations will be $5 on Steam.

Having played through all the AC series, I'm not loving Revelations right now. Play through Brotherhood and just stop there until the above-mentioned eventual sale.
Posted Image

#144 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

Stupid question, but I keep on hearing about coupons. How does one even acquire said coupons? They come with game purchases?
Posted Image

#145 gamer5389

gamer5389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

The coupons were part of a holiday event last Christmas. Valve may do another event with them but for now there's no way to get more coupons other trading the existing ones.

#146 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

Also, they expire in about 16 hours.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#147 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

Well, went ahead and spent my coupon on Worms Crazy Golf. That should give my son some entertainment...
Posted Image

#148 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

I have a buttload of coupons left. I'm not using them. Free for the taking, just PM me or send me a friend request and tell me what you want.

#149 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Let me just warn you guys that Jurassic Park is a very buggy game. One of the first scenes involve a girl and her father, she's using binoculars, and she makes a remark when zooming into an item. When it zooms out, they repeat the exact same dialog. It happens a few times.

Also, I could not get my Logitech Dual Action to work properly, even with the Xbox 360 emulator. The first prompt for RT did not work.

Also, and this is a personal "pet peeve", I'm a SNES guy, so when you have to respond to a QTE having to press X, I press the SNES X button, but the Xbox 360 controller buttons are the exact opposite from the SNES controller. Same with A and B. Very annoying. Also, when I see RB I thing "right back", which is the RT button.

I don't think I'm mentally capable of playing this game.

I've heard nothing but bad things - too bad, I so wanted to like this game.

#150 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

when do the coupons expire? says "through March 1" so to me that would be 12:01 on the 2nd but that doesn't seem right.

2ic4l5j.jpg