Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#1621 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Decided to get the Be Mine 2 bundle. I don't have any of the games, and Plain Sight looks similar to Ricochet and I remember watching a "Let's Play" and it seemed interesting and unique.

TyranitarJr.png

#1622 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

So, finally gave the Faerie Solitaire from steamgifts a try, wow, this little game is really addictive and well made. Will check out the company to see if I can support them in the future.

Both taken. Sorry for the guys who missed out on it, but they both went to good homes.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 11 April 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#1623 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

So, finally gave the Faerie Solitaire from steamgifts a try, wow, this little game is really addictive and well made. Will check out the company to see if I can support them in the future.

On another note, I recently activated an old jewel case copy of The Ship I had laying around and it gave me two free giftable copies of the The Ship into my Steam Inventory. If any of the regulars who post in this thread are interested in playing the game, just send me a PM and I will hook you up.

27 dollars buys you every game they ever make

#1624 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

On another note, I recently activated an old jewel case copy of The Ship I had laying around and it gave me two free giftable copies of the The Ship into my Steam Inventory. If any of the regulars who post in this thread are interested in playing the game, just send me a PM and I will hook you up.

It looks like every retail copy added includes two giftable copies. That's pretty cool, especially considering it's a primarily multiplayer game.

#1625 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the copy, Cheap! :D I've been wanting to try this game for a while.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1626 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

Both taken. Sorry for the guys who missed out on it, but they both went to good homes.

Thank you again!

#1627 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

With the gift copies of The Ship we've handed out the last couple months, we should try to get a game going.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1628 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

With the gift copies of The Ship we've handed out the last couple months, we should try to get a game going.

I'm in, let's start a hypothetical lobby. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1629 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

wait wait wait, you guys actually play some of the games you buy????
Posted Image

#1630 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

wait wait wait, you guys actually play some of the games you buy????

Don't be fooled, we don't play any of our games, but this will give us a reason to. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1631 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

There's a Steam group that has regular The Ship matches: http://steamcommunit...roups/shipalive
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1632 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

I have an extra Lucid code for anyone who wants it.
PEMZX-BEB5F-J33DL

#1633 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

I have an extra Lucid code for anyone who wants it.
PEMZX-BEB5F-J33DL

Just tried it and it was a no go for me so someone else got to it. Thanks anyways.

#1634 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Just tried it and it was a no go for me so someone else got to it. Thanks anyways.

Check your PMs

#1635 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Sorry, guess a lurker beat you to it.

#1636 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

This will likely be lost in the old school RPG shuffle of Legends of Grimrock but if anyone here likes Spiderweb Software games (Avadon, Geneforge, Avernum), their update to the first Avernum game is coming out on the 11th too. It just released on Gamersgate for 15 bucks so should probably see a release at usual time on Steam.

#1637 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Broke down and bought Legend of Grimrock, today is the last day to pre-order if you want it for 20% off, if you buy from the devs you get a steamkey. I know this game will most likely end up in an indie bundle, hell they even use the Humble Store and Humble Bundle sends you the keys but this game does look great...I paid the 11.99. I shall be dungeon crawling tomorrow night

Do we have any idea what the launch price will be on Steam for LoG?

I've very nearly talked myself into buying it several times over the last week, but have held off so far. 20% off (through www.Grimrock.net) seems like a nice discount, and it'd be even nicer if the Steam launch price is a bit higher.

p.s. Their website says it's released at 1700 UTC, which is nine hours from now. Nine hours to make my mind up :-k

#1638 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

It's launching at 15 bucks. Get it from the dev. You get DRM free AND steam key.

#1639 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

It's launching at 15 bucks. Get it from the dev. You get DRM free AND steam key.

That'll do donkey, that'll do.

Bought :lol:

#1640 Psydero

Psydero

Today you, tomorrow me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I watched a few video reviews for Legend of Grimrock. I now have $11.99 less in my bank account.

#1641 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

I know I'm, like, ten years late, but hey, Syberia's awesome! :D

#1642 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

I know I'm, like, ten years late, but hey, Syberia's awesome! :D

:applause:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1643 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

For some reason I thought I had Syberia then I realized I only have had it on my wishlist forever. I keep meaning to get it but then I kind of ponder just buying the whole Meridian 4 pack some time. Though it seems like Meridian is doing some indie bundles now so I wonder if Syberia might show up in one at some point.

#1644 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Daily deal
Harvest: Massive Encounter - $9.99 $4.99

#1645 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Daily deal
Harvest: Massive Encounter - $9.99 $4.99

I hate thinking like this, but my first thought was honestly that it looks like something that will be in an indie bundle at some point. The developer, Oxeye, was involved in the Humble Bundle Mojam.

#1646 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Check your PMs

Sorry, guess a lurker beat you to it.

No prob, I was just posting so others wouldn't have to try to find out it was gone.

Big thanks to The End for hooking me up with a code on PM. :applause:

This is why I love CAG and the Steam thread specifically. I gave out two copies of The Ship last night, but ended up getting gifted games from generous CAGs. :D

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 11 April 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#1647 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Legend of Grimrock is now available and 10% off ($13.49) until April 18th.

This was cheaper as a pre-order, but if you were waiting for reviews and don't want to wait for a bigger sale you might be interested.

Edited by louiedog, 11 April 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#1648 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Decided to go in on the Be Mine 2 bundle at the minimum. Already have Killing Floor and not interested in the other two items at the premium level.

Going to mull over the various Kickstarter links posted over the last couple of pages. I'm liking this trend for reviving adventure games.

Jane Jensen of Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter etc just started a Kickstarter as well to do some more adventure games.

http://www.kickstart...d-2012-2013-csg

Right now it's set to be DRM free downloads. No word on a possibility of Steam but I've submitted a question to her asking about it.

#1649 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Legend of Grimrock is now available and 10% off ($13.49) until April 18th.

This was cheaper as a pre-order, but if you were waiting for reviews and don't want to wait for a bigger sale you might be interested.

I have heard nothing but great things about this one.

#1650 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Sniper Elite is 75% off ($2.50) until April 18th.

As World War II draws to a close, the first covert battles of the Cold War begin. Caught in the life and death struggle between Soviets and Germans in war-torn Berlin, you control the fate of a lone American OSS Sniper.
Genre: Action

Sniper Elite V2 is available for pre-purchase at 10% off ($44.99).

Avernum: Escape from the Pit is 20% off ($7.99) until April 18th.

Avernum is an epic fantasy role-playing adventurer set in an enormous, subterranean nation. Avernum is a land underground, a subterranean nation full of rogues, misfits, and brigands, struggling for survival and wealth in the monster-infested darkness. You have been banished to the underworld, never to see the light of day again.
Genre: Strategy, RPG, Indie

Lunar Flight is 20% off ($7.99) until April 16th.

A modern take on the classic arcade game, Lunar Lander, Lunar Flight extends the experience to a fully fictionalized and accessible lunar module simulator providing a variety of mission types involving transporting cargo, acquiring data at survey locations and locating lost cargo.
Genre: Indie, Simulation