Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#151 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

when do the coupons expire? says "through March 1" so to me that would be 12:01 on the 2nd but that doesn't seem right.

March 1st at 10AM, check the front page.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#152 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

March 1st at 10AM, check the front page.

If you mean steam, some of us can't access that content. Why I asked, but thanks.

#153 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Also, and this is a personal "pet peeve", I'm a SNES guy, so when you have to respond to a QTE having to press X, I press the SNES X button, but the Xbox 360 controller buttons are the exact opposite from the SNES controller. Same with A and B. Very annoying. Also, when I see RB I thing "right back", which is the RT button.

This many years later, it may be time to get over the different labeling. I would imagine playing with a non-360 controller would be a bit confusing at times though, since the button prompts might not match up. The solution, of course...

#154 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

This many years later, it may be time to get over the different labeling. I would imagine playing with a non-360 controller would be a bit confusing at times though, since the button prompts might not match up. The solution, of course...

I don't have a problem with learning a new button layout, but why does the new standard has to be the EXACT opposite of an earlier one? I'll learn eventually, but it's very annoying.

#155 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I don't have a problem with learning a new button layout, but why does the new standard has to be the EXACT opposite of an earlier one? I'll learn eventually, but it's very annoying.

... how I felt after trying to play a FIFA game after years on PES.

"Shoot... shoooooot..."
*presses button*
"&^!%!$ "LOFTED PASS?!" :lol:

#156 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Vessel launches today. Think it'll be $14.99, not sure if it is worth that though.

Hoping this is for this weekend, but Account History shows:

PAYDAY: The Heist Free Weekend

Posted Image

#157 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

If you mean steam, some of us can't access that content. Why I asked, but thanks.

FWIW, Valve's standard rollover time seems to always be 10AM PST, the same time the deals always roll over.

It makes sense in a way. If something goes horribly wrong there will actually be people there to fix it at 10AM.

#158 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Tempted by Jurassic Park, but $10 is still a gamble on that game from what I gather.

Also very bummed in the lack of any Valve sales while the coupons were valid. Not cool considering how many coupons they floated out.
Posted Image

#159 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Tempted by Jurassic Park, but $10 is still a gamble on that game from what I gather.

Also very bummed in the lack of any Valve sales while the coupons were valid. Not cool considering how many coupons they floated out.

Damn Valve for only giving you 50% off a game...:roll:

#160 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Payday is pretty fun, though it just kinda throws you in with no tutorial so you have to find answers and figure out some things (such as how the upgrade system works) by reading tips posted by other players.

Free weekend is kinda a double-edged sword though, there are 6 maps (user created maps will likely never be possible) which take 30-40 minutes each to complete so I imagine a lot of people may get their fill over a weekend.

Guardian_owl.png

#161 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Payday is pretty fun, though it just kinda throws you in with no tutorial so you have to find answers and figure out some things (such as how the upgrade system works) by reading tips posted by other players.

Free weekend is kinda a double-edged sword though, there are 6 maps (user created maps will likely never be possible) which take 30-40 minutes each to complete so I imagine a lot of people may get their fill over a weekend.

Payday is dynamic enough to keep interest though. I've been playing the PSN demo, which is just one map, and each time I play there is a different feel depending on what I do/how I approach it.

#162 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

50% off Saints Row: The Third weekend deal

Rift for $5 as the daily deal.

I don't know how long I can continue to not purchase Saints Row, its looks like a lot of fun and in keeps going on sale...

#163 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Vessel (official site HERE) is now up with 10% off till the 8th. There is a demo, so check it out out.

It is puzzle platformer, with music by Jon Hopkins. Blog says he did 10 tracks.

Also blog says 10 hours of gameplay but guessing ymmv.

Posted Image

#164 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Payday: The Heist is also 50% off on top of the free weekend. Pretty weak seeing as Amazon had it for $5.

#165 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I would suggest paying $5 or less for it, not worth $10 and I'm sure it'll drop to $5 soon enough.

#166 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I don't know how long I can continue to not purchase Saints Row, its looks like a lot of fun and in keeps going on sale...

Same here. I am not much of a shooter fan but it looks goofy and fun. My backlog is nuts though. I was thinking maybe I could buy Saints Row 2 and get 3 when it's cheaper, but 2 just looks like a GTA clone. 3 looks way more colorful and out there, which interests me.

Vessel (official site HERE) is now up with 10% off till the 8th. There is a demo, so check it out out.

It is puzzle platformer, with music by Jon Hopkins. Blog says he did 10 tracks.

Also blog says 10 hours of gameplay but guessing ymmv.

Looks like a good game and I am interested, however as much as it pains me to say this, it's hard for me to justify buying Indie games separately anymore since so many end up in bundles.

#167 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nice, Rift is cheaper then it was on Amazon. Anyone have any opinions on it? Think its worth the extra cash for the Ashes of History Collector’s Edition?

#168 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Saints Row 2 for $3.75 isn't bad. Thanks to IdolNinja's Mod, the game is in very playable shape. (I've played through the PS3 version as well as the modded/fixed PC one.) I consider Saints Row 2 worth the time, since it's a GTA clone that sticks to gameplay. (Daniel Dae Kim as Gat is a nice bonus.)

#169 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Same here. I am not much of a shooter fan but it looks goofy and fun. My backlog is nuts though. I was thinking maybe I could buy Saints Row 2 and get 3 when it's cheaper, but 2 just looks like a GTA clone. 3 looks way more colorful and out there, which interests me.

I just bought SR2 and am now prepared to find out why SR2 fans love it so much more than SR3.

I loved SR3, but it was my first game in the series and I find that most of the complaints about that game come from SR2 lovers. So, for that reason, I suggest you start with SR3 and go backwards as I am doing.

SR3 on its own was a boatload of ridiculous fun. This developer knows how to make a fun game and they also know enough get traditional gameplay constraints out of a players' way so that the entire world is simply there for your amusement.

#170 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

I played the SR3 trial on Onlive and found it quite fun, if I had not just bought AC Revelations I'd get it. I'll wait for the Summer Sale.

Regarding Jurassic Park, thankfully I got it for just 6 bucks and change, it seems the only controller that is compatible with it is the Xbox 360 one. My Logitech won't work with the game even with the 360 emulator. I'll have to play it with a mouse and keyboard.

#171 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

SR3 makes me so mad, I bought it at launch and they still haven't released a patch that makes the framerate playable on my system and now it's half price...

#172 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

SR3 makes me so mad, I bought it at launch and they still haven't released a patch that makes the framerate playable on my system and now it's half price...

Are a lot of people having this issue? I know you have mentioned it in the past and the IT guy in me is curious? Does this happen to you on DX9 and 11?

The game has some bugs and crashes but over all its very stable for everyone I know. It just seems bizarre that such a large issue could be swept under the carpet if there wasn't a fix somewhere for it.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#173 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nice, Rift is cheaper then it was on Amazon. Anyone have any opinions on it? Think its worth the extra cash for the Ashes of History Collector’s Edition?

I'm wondering this as well. Don't really want to pay monthly for an MMO but I'm interested at 5 bucks. Definitely think I'll get SR2 though but I'm debating on this

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#174 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm wondering this as well. Don't really want to pay monthly for an MMO but I'm interested at 5 bucks. Definitely think I'll get SR2 though but I'm debating on this

I loved rift for the 6 months I played it. Very polished and constantly updated. hands down better than star wars tor if you are looking for another new mmo

#175 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I loved rift for the 6 months I played it. Very polished and constantly updated. hands down better than star wars tor if you are looking for another new mmo

I agree, if i hadn't sold my soul to blizzard for a year, i'd probably be playing rift. I found it to be a lot more fun than even The Old Republic, and is different enough from WoW to be a nice change of pace.

527753.png?23636769

#176 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Two Worlds II going on 50% sale the minute after my 66% off coupon expires really cheeses my biscuits.

edit: and the coupon's still in my inventory! Salt in the wound!

Also, Dragon Age 2 Steam update, huh?

And I wonder if that latest Painkiller is going to continue the trend of plummeting Metacritic scores.

Edited by dfg, 02 March 2012 - 12:26 AM.

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#177 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I also was wondering about DA2 update, I figured it was just a update for people who already bought the game. But I'm still hoping DA2 makes a return to steam, I'm one of those OCD people who like all there games in one collection.
Posted Image

#178 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

And I wonder if that latest Painkiller is going to continue the trend of plummeting Metacritic scores.

the publisher releasing "fan made" modifications for the original brilliant classic by People Can Fly, and then calling them full games.

#179 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Two Worlds II going on 50% sale the minute after my 66% off coupon expires really cheeses my biscuits.

edit: and the coupon's still in my inventory! Salt in the wound!

Also, Dragon Age 2 Steam update, huh?

My 33% Saints Row The Third coupon feels your pain. I held on to that bastard for 2 months hoping for this day.

#180 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Damn Valve for only giving you 50% off a game...:roll:

When their coupons are worse than their sales, they're pointless. They're only useful when you can stack them. Otherwise, Valve has shown they'll discount further if I wait, so why not wait?

Also, what's wrong with criticism?
Posted Image