Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#1981 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

From the article:

" From Software producer Hidetaka Miyazaki is paraphrased as saying the game being “a straight port” was publisher Namco’s decision."

You can't do anything right can you Namco?

I just hope the game runs fine. By runs fine I mean that the game isn't a bad port and runs like shit on good hardware. Just be happy we are getting a Dark Souls PC Port.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1982 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I agree. The GFWL choice and short development cycle tell me that the port is going to be serviceable at best. Hopefully, it'll be fully playable.

I won't buy it on Day One, but I will be picking it up after a the initial "patching period," which I'm assuming will follow soon after its release.

#1983 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

So, let me guess: Game is a bad port and uses GFWL, a lot of people who might have otherwise bought the game avoid doing so for these reasons, and the publisher uses poor sales as evidence that they were right to not originally publish the game on PC.

#1984 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Bought this with the code EDNOTE10 and got it for $9.19

Just bought it from Gamefly with code. You get a code redeemable on Steam that a pre-order code.

You get the Anarchy Edition of the game.

Basically you get the pre-order stuff for free when you use the code on Steam.

Normally the pre-order stuff is no longer available on Steam. Was never released as DLC.

#1985 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

So, let me guess: Game is a bad port and uses GFWL, a lot of people who might have otherwise bought the game avoid doing so for these reasons, and the publisher uses poor sales as evidence that they were right to not originally publish the game on PC.

Don't worry about what companies or people are saying about the world of PC games. In the end, there's an extremely large market, showcased by the Steam's and GOG's as well as the communities that support them.

What this port will do is keep a lot of people from buying the game on its first day. Namco Bandai will complain about it, citing everything but their own decision-making abilities, but, as PC users, we'll at least have the game available for purchase. It's something.

#1986 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Just bought it from Gamefly with code. You get a code redeemable on Steam that a pre-order code.

Normally the pre-order stuff is no longer available on Steam. Was never released as DLC.

Thanks for posting that it's the Anarchy Edition, I didn't know. I was gonna wait until it was $5 in a steam sale, but figured might as well get it from gamefly for $9 since there doesn't seem to be any other way to get the Anarchy Edition DLC.

#1987 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

To The Moon is coming to Steam. If you've previously purchased the game you get a free key.

The developer said so on twitter.

Excellent. I've been wanting to play that.

#1988 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Amalur is a decent deal. It's one of those games I want, but I'm not dying to have it. I'll wait until it's 50% off or lower. I'm sure it'll be that at the Summer Sale.

Which is frighteningly near, you know. I have about 25 games on my wishlist right now. Eeep.

#1989 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Is the Anarchy edition of Rage worth buying it now on Gamefly or should I just wait for a Steam sale?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1990 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Went ahead and bit on Sword & Sworcery after falling in love with the soundtrack last night. Syncing to my iPod now. $5.99 for the game and soundtrack is a steal.

#1991 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Is the Anarchy edition of Rage worth buying it now on Gamefly or should I just wait for a Steam sale?

From what I gather what you buy on Steam will not be the Anarchy edition. So if that matters to you, you may want to get it. I did....9 bucks whatever

#1992 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

The Rage local coop on the 360 was some of the most fun I've had in a while, don't know how it works for the PC, but the missions were good.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1993 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Retail RAGE CD keys (And by retail I mean Steam's definition, keys bought from other sources.) have the DLC packs in them, I've seen. RAGE's DLC comes in two sets:

Anarchy Edition: This pack gives you a double barreled shotgun (Not that cool, sadly.), a permanent fist damage upgrade, a different low tier car skin, and a fourth "suit". Early in the game you must pick a suit which gives you a permanent exclusive benefit. Better shop prices, better racing, more health. The fourth suit just gives you all three.

Sewer Missions: Bland but decent fun, sewers randomly strewn across the map open up short missions for alright swag. You will NOT find all these without a guide, and I don't know why you might want to. They are nothing special.

My boxed copy of RAGE came with a CD key and two keys for the DLC, but the CD key activated in Steam for the DLC so I was able to pawn off the spare DLC codes on another CAG.

Just FYI, quantifying the mysteries here.

And RAGE's co-op can be played online but good luck finding anyone. I played them on solo and had fun.

EDIT: The racing sucks and the extra low tier car is just another mouth to feed with costly racing upgrades. Tiers 2 and 3 replace it except in specific tier 1 races. It gives you no advantage and you won't use that car beyond the first third of the game. You will never use punching except on mutants which you can one-shot with the new gloves. The standard shotgun is better than the double barreled shotty. The suit is nice to have though.

#1994 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

I'm looking at World in Conflict complete for $9.99 from steam to satisfy my RTS and nostalgia itch. GamersGate has it for $6.99, but it says the DRM is Tages. Does the steam version have that too? I can't remember exactly what Tages did, but should I wait to buy it on steam?

#1995 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for that info. Might have to jump on that -- I don't see Rage dropping below 9ish for another year. I'm sure it'll be on sale various time but doubt it hits $5 anytime soon... if ever.

#1996 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Less Rage, more Sworcery. :D

#1997 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Less Rage, more Sworcery. :D

Even thought it costs less, to me it's all about the discount percentages!

#1998 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

Is it just me, or does this particular thread never finish loading? :P

#1999 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Even thought it costs less, to me it's all about the discount percentages!

Oh, I feel you. At 75% off or something, it's hard to resist. A game isn't likely to go cheaper, and even then, we're not talking much cheaper at that point.

I'm just in love with this Sword & Sworcery soundtrack. I know many people will just wait for the game to be in an indie bundle or something, but I just had to have it.

Kinda like how I played the demo of Avadon, loved it, and had to buy it for $9.99. Sometimes we just have to have a game now, regardless of discounts. :D

#2000 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

In other news: Might have been mentioned on a previous page but Humble Indie Bundle 7 and HIB7 'Beat the average' have been added to the Steam registry. Keep your eyes peeled next couple of days.

#2001 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

louiedog hinted at an upcoming Humble Bundle earlier. No details yet. Excited. Humbles are pretty much always guaranteed purchases.

#2002 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

When's the last time the witcher went on sale? (1, not 2) and how much was it?

#2003 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

When's the last time the witcher went on sale? (1, not 2) and how much was it?

I bought it on sale for $2.5 during the last sale. That was Dec 20

I got a code from Amazon i got for free. U cant register it on Steam but if u can use it, you certainly can have it. Send me a PM.

#2004 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

On the subject of giving stuff away, anyone here want an Square Enix member code for FF: Heroes of Light DS? I know it's not Steam-related, but I wanted to see if any regs want it.

Edit: Gone!

Edited by utopianmachine, 18 April 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#2005 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

On the subject of giving stuff away, anyone here want an Square Enix member code for FF: Heroes of Light DS? I know it's not Steam-related, but I wanted to see if any regs want it.

I would love it, since my used copy didn't come with a registration card. :hot:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2006 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Orion: Dino Beatdown launches on Steam May 4 for $9.99, but isn't available to preorder yet for some reason. Here's a preview with screens and video that I ran at Co-Optimus this morning. If you like Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, or dinosaurs, you'll definitely want to check the game out.

Edited by eastx, 18 April 2012 - 04:09 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2007 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

I bought it on sale for $2.5 during the last sale. That was Dec 20

I got a code from Amazon i got for free. U cant register it on Steam but if u can use it, you certainly can have it. Send me a PM.

pm sent!

#2008 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

In other news: Might have been mentioned on a previous page but Humble Indie Bundle 7 and HIB7 'Beat the average' have been added to the Steam registry. Keep your eyes peeled next couple of days.

:bouncy:

MARS

#2009 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Orion: Dino Beatdown launches on Steam this Friday for $9.99, but isn't available to preorder yet for some reason. Here's a preview with screens and video that I ran at Co-Optimus this morning. If you like Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, or dinosaurs, you'll definitely want to check the game out.

According to their website it looks like it got delayed two weeks.

#2010 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Been thinking of getting the Witcher 2. If I buy the retail version from amazon do I get the extra bonus content as well? Amazon has if for 29.99 or should I go for the EE steam version for 42.49. Yeah I'm confused can someone please clear this up for me thanks.