Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#2011 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

According to their website it looks like it got delayed two weeks.

Heh, they emailed me about it like 15 minutes after I made that post. Darn indie devs.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2012 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Been thinking of getting the Witcher 2. If I buy the retail version from amazon do I get the extra bonus content as well? Amazon has if for 29.99 or should I go for the EE steam version for 42.49. Yeah I'm confused can someone please clear this up for me thanks.

Yes. Everyone who owns The Witcher 2 gets EE content. You can register your retail key at gog.com and get a download version there. The only way to get it on Steam though is to buy it from Steam. I've also seen people reporting that they picked it up for $20 at Target, so you may want to check there as well.

#2013 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Been thinking of getting the Witcher 2. If I buy the retail version from amazon do I get the extra bonus content as well? Amazon has if for 29.99 or should I go for the EE steam version for 42.49. Yeah I'm confused can someone please clear this up for me thanks.

Personally I'd go with the EE version on GOG. It's the Enhanced Edition at the same price as on Steam, but it comes with a bunch of extras listed on the page I linked to. I'm an avid Steam user, but I always prefer games on GOG because of the extras that they provide. Of course, it's ultimately up to you, but I'd definitely go with the GOG version (I own the Steam version but I'm still going to buy it from GOG when it hits the right price =P). Hope this helps you make your decision. ;)

EDIT: If what louiedog is saying is true, I'd definitely go that route and get the EE for free on GOG (after buying the vanilla version =P)!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#2014 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

The only PC version of The Witcher 2 with Achievements is the Steam one, if that makes a difference. But people who really care about those will probably just play through it on 360 anyway.

-Paul Acevedo

#2015 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Personally I'd go with the EE version on GOG. It's the Enhanced Edition at the same price as on Steam, but it comes with a bunch of extras listed on the page I linked to. I'm an avid Steam user, but I always prefer games on GOG because of the extras that they provide. Of course, it's ultimately up to you, but I'd definitely go with the GOG version (I own the Steam version but I'm still going to buy it from GOG when it hits the right price =P). Hope this helps you make your decision. ;)

EDIT: If what louiedog is saying is true, I'd definitely go that route and get the EE for free on GOG (after buying the vanilla version =P)!

Yep, right here.

"Which versions of The Witcher 2 are eligible to get backup copy on GOG.com?
The free backup of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com is available to gamers who bought the game at any other store in the world."

"If you already own any edition of The Witcher 2 simply enter your product key below and you'll receive The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition on GOG.com. "

So even Steam purchasers can get those extras.

#2016 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

Darn indie devs.

:twisted:

Every version becomes every other version of Witcher. It doesn't matter where you buy it. You'll get a key you can redeem at GoG for free download of Witcher 2. EE comes as a free patch to everyone.

That said, Target has boxed copies for $20. You would be well served to hold out for a deal like that. Amazon had it for $15 not too long ago. The EE content is not really huge enough to merit the additional $20 premium they are trying to buoy the price up to. Try to hold it, wait for a proper sale CAG style.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2017 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yep, right here.

"Which versions of The Witcher 2 are eligible to get backup copy on GOG.com?
The free backup of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com is available to gamers who bought the game at any other store in the world."

"If you already own any edition of The Witcher 2 simply enter your product key below and you'll receive The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition on GOG.com. "

So even Steam purchasers can get those extras.

Nice! Hope you didn't take that personally, I'm just a big skeptic. =P

Thanks again for the info!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

#2018 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Alright thanks guys will make a visit to target and see if I can snag it for $20. Will go for a box version due to the fact it takes a while for me to download these big 15-20gb games.

#2019 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

Alright thanks guys will make a visit to target and see if I can snag it for $20. Will go for a box version due to the fact it takes a while for me to download these big 15-20gb games.

Hate to break it to you but you'll be downloading the updates after install anyway. Even Amazon makes me do that, so don't expect to quickly play it post install.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2020 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Nice! Hope you didn't take that personally, I'm just a big skeptic. =P

Thanks again for the info!

Of course not. I didn't post any links to back it up that first time. If I hadn't watched the live stream where they announced it I'd be skeptical too. It's a damn good offer and not something you see often.

#2021 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Of course not. I didn't post any links to back it up that first time. If I hadn't watched the live stream where they announced it I'd be skeptical too. It's a damn good offer and not something you see often.

Oh definitely haha. However, I can't seem to find my key for W2: EE in its respective library page, any idea where I can find it or if they even give a key to those who purchase it on Steam?

SwagBucks

#2022 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Oh definitely haha. However, I can't seem to find my key for W2: EE in its respective library page, any idea where I can find it or if they even give a key to those who purchase it on Steam?

I'm not finding it either. It's odd that they don't address where to look for it at GOG since Steam moved a buttload of copies of the game.

Also, a couple of new videos for the Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Kickstarter project:

AuSEPbhqd48
FHJJL_9P9ak

-Paul Acevedo

#2023 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

I'm not finding it either. It's odd that they don't address where to look for it at GOG since Steam moved a buttload of copies of the game.

Check here, I guess Steam doesn't provide you with a CD key, but you can get a GOG copy if you verify your purchase at this site, the example is even a Steam confirmation email. =P

SwagBucks

#2024 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

VERY happy to buy Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP on Steam. Since Critter Crunch and Clash of Heroes, I don't wait for sales on Capybara games. Almost bought an iPad just to play this, and I hate iPads ;)

Not very "cheap ass" of me, I suppose, but I hope to see them bring all of their games to Steam.

#2025 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

In other news: Might have been mentioned on a previous page but Humble Indie Bundle 7 and HIB7 'Beat the average' have been added to the Steam registry. Keep your eyes peeled next couple of days.

Hope it's HIB5 and not just another Android or specific developer bundle, though it would be hard for them to top HIB4.

#2026 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Just bought it from Gamefly with code. You get a code redeemable on Steam that a pre-order code.

You get the Anarchy Edition of the game.

Basically you get the pre-order stuff for free when you use the code on Steam.

Normally the pre-order stuff is no longer available on Steam. Was never released as DLC.

For $9.19 this is tempting, but I don't think I'd play it any time soon and hopefully it'll go on sale at 75% off on Steam for $7.50. I don't think the bonus items are worth the extra $1.50. A weapon, a weapon upgrade, an armor and a vehicle. Then again, there's no guarantee it'll go for 75% off. Decisions... The sewers come with all copies, right? Wait, if this game is really only 5-7 hours I'll pass.

Damn, I forgot how cool this game looks, I think I have to buy it!

Update: Bought! Confirming that yeah it's the Anarchy ed.

Check here, I guess Steam doesn't provide you with a CD key, but you can get a GOG copy if you verify your purchase at this site, the example is even a Steam confirmation email. =P

Some people have been able to find their Steam key in Windows registry. I didn't know about this til after I submitted my email receipt so I haven't tried it.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 18 April 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#2027 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Was going to say the deal appears to last all week if you wanted to think it over -- which I'll probably do myself and see if any indie bundles launch to occupy my time.

#2028 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Rats, im not able to get Rage off GameFly because it won't take my credit card. Can anyone get it for me if i paypal them the money?

#2029 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Indie Royale Spring Bundle is up with 3 Steam games - Unstoppable Gorg, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, and Depths of Peril. Other games are Inferno+, Slydris, and Ballistic.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

#2030 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm not feeling Unstoppable Gorg or Tobe's. Depths of Peril is an eh. I'll probably pass.

#2031 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ya I will probably be skipping this one also.

#2032 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm not feeling Unstoppable Gorg or Tobe's. Depths of Peril is an eh. I'll probably pass.

You mentioned earlier you don't enjoy tower defense games, so Unstoppable Gorg wouldn't be for you. There's a demo for Tobe on Steam, it's a fun little platformer.

#2033 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

You mentioned earlier you don't enjoy tower defense games, so Unstoppable Gorg wouldn't be for you. There's a demo for Tobe on Steam, it's a fun little platformer.

Yeah, me no likey tower defense.

It sounds like the newest Humble Bundle is about to launch soon, and I'm sure that one will claim my moneys.

One perk about the other bundles is that they give you individual keys, so I can split the games between my husband and friends. With Humble, it's all or nothing.

#2034 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Unstoppable Gorg is the only one that makes me want it, but I have enough on the backlog that I can wait a bit longer on that one. Some of the others look solid, but I just don't know if/when I'd ever get around to them.
Posted Image

#2035 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

And then you wonder, should I get this for cheap so I never have to worry about the temptation to get it again for more?

/Steam-tempter

;)

#2036 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Depths of Peril is pretty great. Fairly unique little game. Ugly, but hey, you can't have everything.

#2037 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

And then you wonder, should I get this for cheap so I never have to worry about the temptation to get it again for more?

/Steam-tempter

;)

I've been doing quite well lately to curb my impulse purchasing of some of these bundles! There is always a Steam sale around the corner, at least that's what I tell myself to help me sleep at night.
Posted Image

#2038 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

I've been doing quite well lately to curb my impulse purchasing of some of these bundles! There is always a Steam sale around the corner, at least that's what I tell myself to help me sleep at night.

I've bought every single IR bundle because they're so damn cheap that I don't see me getting any of the individual games any cheaper, even in a sale :lol:

I try not to look at each bundle with a "Would I like that?" mindset; some of my favourite games of the past year have been the ones I wasn't expecting to like at all.

#2039 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've bought every single IR bundle because they're so damn cheap that I don't see me getting any of the individual games any cheaper, even in a sale :lol:

I try not to look at each bundle with a "Would I like that?" mindset; some of my favourite games of the past year have been the ones I wasn't expecting to like at all.

I do see your point, but in the case of Unstoppable Gorg, I could easily see it hitting 75% off on a Steam Winter or Summer sale down the road.

The problem is I've found as I've been checking out some games in the backlog here and there, that there have been more than a few duds I've impulse purchased. Sure, there have been some wonderful gems, but I've found that some of the games I've bought are so identical in gameplay to each other or so similar to something else I've played that I could've saved a bit a money for something else. Money that could've been saved, had I given the game in question its due diligence, by looking into it more along with trying out any demos.

I'm just finding it really important these days to figure out which games are worth the time and money investment no matter how little time or money that is. With the backlog growing, the guilt just sets in. The truth of the matter is that in all likelihood, a year from now, another dev may have taken some game's concept and executed it better. That isn't to say I wouldn't appreciate the older game for what it is, but it comes down to there being only so much time and I want to find the games that truly offer the best experiences.
Posted Image

#2040 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I bought it for the other games and music. I already had a copy of Unstoppable Gorg
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png