Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#2401 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

It's looking like Bastion might become Steamplay today, or at least in the next couple of days. It was added to the registry recently, last night people on OS X who own it noticed it disappeared from their library (something that apparently happens before it goes Steamplay), and it was released in the Mac App Store today.

It could be a second weekend deal if so, but since it's full price in the App Store that may be less likely.

#2402 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Debate aside, I'm definitely enjoying A Valley Without Wind so far. Co-op is certainly the way to play, but it's not too bad single-player either. If you like games that focus on exploration and involve a bit of user creativity, there's a fair chance you'll dig it too. Supports cross-platform play with PC and Mac.

Wrote this article on it, which contains lots of screens and a trailer:

A Valley Without Wind Now on Steam

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2403 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hmmm, do the midweek deals usually last until 4 PM PST?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2404 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hmmm, do the midweek deals usually last until 4 PM PST?

I believe so. They started extending them earlier this year, I believe. Not exactly sure why, but I'm not opposed, so... *shrug*

#2405 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

So does that mean the weekend deals don't get posted until then as well? I guess I haven't been paying attention to the times recently.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2406 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

So does that mean the weekend deals don't get posted until then as well? I guess I haven't been paying attention to the times recently.

I thought the weekend deals usually didn't get posted until friday?

#2407 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Bundle in a Box went live for a few minutes. I bet it will launch later today.

Reported games: Gemini Rue, Time Gentlemen, Please!, Ben There, Dan That!, 1983: A World's Fair Mystery, Lands of Dream

Apparently the min was $4.01 and it would drop after 1,000 buys.

info is from neogaf

#2408 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Preorder Deals - Updated 4/26

-Paul Acevedo

#2409 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Anyone want to do group buy for Torchlight 2?

#2410 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I seriously love capcom. Dead Rising 2 OTR is being price dropped to $20 for PS3/360 really about everywhere and the Steam version is still $39.99. I would of loved a Steam copy instead of the PS3 version I got but well it's capcom.

Also thinking about it. If I were to actually go and play through most of my Steam Library, I could easily have about 1+ years of games just through my library. That is considering Singleplayer Only.

I should kinda consider doing that instead of buying more games :lol:.

Also I got a question about Torchlight II. Any news on a Mac Version of the game on Steam? Reason I ask is my GF wants Torchlight II as well but she owns a Macbook (she doesn't have windows installed atm), so I would probably do a group pack for us and then find two friends to get in on the torchlight group buy if Torchlight II will be Steamplay.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2411 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

That was already on sale because it got released for the Mac (least thats why I think it was on sale) But I upgraded to the deluxe version yesterday so I its not part of the weekend deal.

Ah you're right. I just saw it ended Monday and assumed. Derp

#2412 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I thought the weekend deals usually didn't get posted until friday?

Weekend deals get posted on Thursday (US). Sometimes they overlap with the Midweek deals and you have to click through all of them.

I seriously love capcom. Dead Rising 2 OTR is being price dropped to $20 for PS3/360 really about everywhere and the Steam version is still $39.99. I would of loved a Steam copy instead of the PS3 version I got but well it's capcom.

I'm still waiting patiently on a good price for Dead Rising 2, myself. Capcom can be a stingy lot.

#2413 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

A game on Steam is twice the price of the Xbox Games on Demand version. It's like everything I know is wrong.

#2414 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Torchlight 2 deal is meh since I got Torchlight 1 last summer for $2.50. I'll wait for Torchlight 2 to be $5 or less.

#2415 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Reported games: Gemini Rue, Time Gentlemen, Please!, Ben There, Dan That!, 1983: A World's Fair Mystery, Lands of Dream

info is from neogaf

Interesting. Already have the first two. 1983 looks like this, I guess.

http://www.mobygames...ds-fair-mystery

No clue on the last one. Anyone?

#2416 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Interesting. Already have the first two. 1983 looks like this, I guess.

http://www.mobygames...ds-fair-mystery

No clue on the last one. Anyone?

The bundle people said there was a new game launching in it. I expect that's it.

#2417 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

The bundle people said there was a new game launching in it. I expect that's it.

It could be this:

http://www.indiegame...aim-everything/

BTW, it seems that Impulse is getting into the indie bundle thing, offering up one as their Friday deal.

• Gray Matter
  • Cargo! The Quest For Gravity
  • Gratuitous Space Battles
  • Helldorado
  • Edna and Harvey - The Breakout
  • Really Big Sky
  • And Yet It Moves
  • SickBrick
All for the low price of $12.79.
Posted Image

#2418 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

It could be this:

http://www.indiegame...aim-everything/

I came to the same conclusion.

#2419 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Torchlight 2 deal is meh since I got Torchlight 1 last summer for $2.50. I'll wait for Torchlight 2 to be $5 or less.

people like you are the ones that send this titles to kickstarter, if you enjoy the title why don't supported at its original price? considering is only 20 bucks, go figures...

#2420 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Valve has announced a puzzle creator for Portal 2, called the Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative. It will be out May 8th.

http://www.rockpaper...ates-next-month
Posted Image

#2421 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, feel like I've been waiting for a decent price for Dead Rising 2 forever. It's still $30 on Steam despite being about half that on Amazon. Even Gamestop has the digital download for $10 cheaper.

Capcom just seems to be the one publisher who really refuses to have good deals, even during the holiday sales.

#2422 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, feel like I've been waiting for a decent price for Dead Rising 2 forever. It's still $30 on Steam despite being about half that on Amazon. Even Gamestop has the digital download for $10 cheaper.

Capcom just seems to be the one publisher who really refuses to have good deals, even during the holiday sales.

I thought I got Dead Rising 2 on Steam for $19.99 during the 2010 holiday sale.

-Paul Acevedo

#2423 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

So which indie bundle had Gemini Rue in it previously? Dont seem to have it in my inventory but don't wanna double dip.

#2424 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

So which indie bundle had Gemini Rue in it previously? Dont seem to have it in my inventory but don't wanna double dip.

The first Indie Royale. I believe it was the same week that the game came out on Steam.

#2425 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

The first Indie Royale. I believe it was the same week that the game came out on Steam.

Ah. The one I missed!

#2426 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I must've missed that bundle because I don't have Gemini Rue. It's actually on my wishlist, but $4.99 is too steep for something that's previously been in a bundle. I'll wait for a summer sale or something.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2427 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I must've missed that bundle because I don't have Gemini Rue. It's actually on my wishlist, but $4.99 is too steep for something that's previously been in a bundle. I'll wait for a summer sale or something.

Or the Bundle in a Box that should be launching any day (or hour?) now.

#2428 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

info is from neogaf

3 repeats? That's disappointing. Can't believe it took them 3 months to come up with that, but I guess it's decent for anyone who missed the Indie Royale bundles.

#2429 TreadLife

TreadLife

End of line.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Protoype 2 has a Pre-Purchase offer.

Get the original Prototype and the RADNET DLC bundle free.

http://store.steampo...com/app/115320/

Edited by TreadLife, 26 April 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Posted Image

#2430 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Capcom must feel like Gog where deep sales hurt the perceived value of their games. But the reports of steam sales making more money for devs than any other avenue they tried surely have to count. I would snatch up tons of Capcom games if they hit $5, but they rarely do. The oldest Lost Planet hit $6 once, the others never go below $10. DMC4 went to $5 for a SINGLE DAY, and DMC3 has NEVER dipped below $10!

The only Capcom game I'd drop $10 on is RE4 and it's not available digitally!