Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13564 replies to this topic

#2551 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

sniper elite v2 is only $30 at get games (steamworks)
http://www.getgamesg...per-elite-v2-po

Thanks! Just got this

#2552 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

I read through all the fine print and I don't think there is any recourse you have if that happens. Once the end of the Kickstarter hits if funding is met they take your money and it's gone forever so people need to be really confident about the projects and developers they are supporting. I don't think people just looking for cheap game deals should be going around supporting a bunch of Kickstarters without really looking into them because there's no guarantee of an end product.

This. I work there (second row, fourth one in!), and a lot of people seem to treat it as a deals site, but it's not. It's a way to sponsor projects that you think should exist in the world, but those investments can be risky. Make sure the creators are people you can trust to actually deliver what they say they can deliver.

If you're looking for deals, a much better plan is to be patient and wait for the games to come out and hit a bundle. :)

#2553 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Was wondering the reason of this on the topic? Can you afford not to preorder Torchlight 2?

#2554 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Was wondering the reason of this on the topic? Can you afford not to preorder Torchlight 2?

It's because Torchlight 2 is just that awesome.

#2555 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Yep, I just got tired of waiting. For what it's worth to people on the fence: assuming most would play it with mods (especially the Overhaul) Steam won't keep track of the time played (just the amount of time you have the launcher) up. Moreover, the Steam overlay doesn't work with it. So if anyone sees it someplace else for cheaper (maybe a boxed version sitting in a bookstore somewhere) you should probably just pick it up there.

Must depend on the mods (I would guess Morrowind script extender since that would be a different executable) because with just the Morrowind Graphics Extender to run at higher resolutions, the Steam overlay works fine and it tracks time played fine.

#2556 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

It's because Torchlight 2 is just that awesome.

I'm still thinking about pre-ordering Torchlight II, mainly because I'm on Mac and the only benefit at this point would be getting a free copy of Torchlight, from there wait until Runic releases the Mac version for the game (which they will, but there's no ETA at this point).

@.@

And what if they launch some sort of special deal when the Mac version is released? T_T

#2557 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

I eventually caved and bought Morrowind for $10 several months ago -- I think it was at $5 nearly two years ago but has never hit that price again on Steam.

Yes - It was $4.99 in the 2009/10 winter sale. I bought it for that price on January 3, 2010.

If I had known that it wouldn't be $5 again for over 2 years, I would have found a way to stock up on copies to share with fellow CAGs.

#2558 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

A bit late on this, but here's some Sniper Elite V2 impressions. You can do some cool stuff in addition to just sniping. Setting trip-wire mines in doorways and then luring guys to you, planting land mines on dead bodies (which will blow up other enemies who investigate), or hiding bodies so they won't be found are all quite cool. After the tutorial level and level 2 (which is the demo level), you get some opportunities to just play stealthily if you like. Running and gunning is even an option if you switch to a machine gun.

Still, the sniping is the most fun. It's possible to line up two or more enemies and fire a single shot to kill them, which is so satisfying. You can also snipe through a dead dude's body to get at an enemy. Also, you can even shoot through a dude's nuts if your aim is right... Gruesome!

There is currently a save data bug that can erase your save if you have the Cloud disabled, so don't do that. The devs are working on a fix already. Also, you can't save anywhere, which is a bit console-like but fine with me.

That $30 preorder is a sweet deal, so go for it if you're interested.

#2559 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

Does anybody know if the Commandos Collection from getgamesgo.com for 2.99 works with steam?

edit: nvm I noticed some other titles where it was noted specifically so I guess not, darn.

Edited by kidrocklive, 01 May 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#2560 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

I'm still thinking about pre-ordering Torchlight II, mainly because I'm on Mac and the only benefit at this point would be getting a free copy of Torchlight, from there wait until Runic releases the Mac version for the game (which they will, but there's no ETA at this point).

@.@

And what if they launch some sort of special deal when the Mac version is released? T_T

I'm guessing that's exactly what will happen, or a 50% off or better deal will happen by the time it comes around. I've got enough of a backlog where I can wait on it.

#2561 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Well, Oblivion GOTY Deluxe [containing ALSO the other 8 DLC's] is MORE expensive ($12.49) than Morrowind GOTY ($10)....
So... :P

Seriously, both Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Morrowind GOTY can and will take ridiculous amounts of your life away...
They're EASILY worth the $.

I have Oblivion on the PC (non Steam), and I used to own Morrowind on the original x-box. I wanna get Morrowind on PC for mods. I don't even need a Steam copy, but cheapest I can find a boxed copy is $20, and well while $10 is worth it for Morrowind (because it's one of my favorite RPG's of all time), it's been $5 before and I am a CAG after all.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2562 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

South Park: The Game per-order starts at GMG, steam redeemable

@_@ $60
http://www.greenmang...outh-park-game/

#2563 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Bah, GMG still haven't got their security issues fixed. Must be six months now.

#2564 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Bah, GMG still haven't got their security issues fixed. Must be six months now.

It's not their security. It's fraud from that region. Nuuevem had to do the same thing recently, from what I gather it's more of a PayPal issue than anything.

#2565 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

7GIDBdhFD50

At Co-Optimus, we're giving away five Steam codes for Orion: Dino Beatdown, an upcoming 1st-person shooter from Spiral Game Studios.

To enter:
  • Visit this link: Orion: Dino Beatdown Steam Giveaway
  • Fill out the entry form
  • Post a comment explaining which dinosaur you'd like to see added to the game in the future (it launches with Raptors, T-Rex, and the flying Rhamphorhynchus. Triceratops, Argentinosaurus, Stegosaurus have also been announced for the future).
You can even enter once per day - no need to leave more than one comment though. The contest ends this Friday, May 4. Feel free to stick around and check out the site's co-op reviews too. We go into more multiplayer detail than any other site.

#2566 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Midweek Madness is Bastion at 60% off ($5.99)

w/ Soundtrack - $9.98
Soundtrack alone - $3.99

Today's Deal is Crazy Machines Complete Pack at 50% off ($24.99)

Each game is $4.99 or $9.99
DLC packs are $1.49 to $4.99

#2567 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Midweek Madness is Bastion at 60% off ($5.99)

w/ Soundtrack - $9.98
Soundtrack alone - $3.99

And Dustforce 50% off - $4.99

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2568 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Man I want Dustforce but I have this nagging feeling it is going to be in a bundle soon. :-P

Also, I noticed Total War Shogun just posted a DLC that yanks campaigns out of Fall of the Samurai (the "stand alone expansion") and makes them available for the original game. Confusing much? You know some people who already own both are going to buy it even though they don't need it. That's why I don't like this whole stand alone expansion crap. Do an expansion or do a new game.

#2569 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dustforce for 5 bucks sounds pretty good, even if it might end up in a bundle. Any thoughts?

#2570 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

I love Dustforce and definitely think it's worth $5. The soundtrack is awesome.
Posted Image

#2571 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

There's a rumor that Dustforce might show up in the next Facekick bundle. Why Facekick, I have no idea.

MARS

#2572 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

There's a rumor that Dustforce might show up in the next Facekick bundle. Why Facekick, I have no idea.

Because by now these devs are probably just rolling a dice to see which bundle they want to join in on. Unfortunately for them it landed on Facekick.

#2573 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

I want dustforce but part of me says to wait for the next indie bundle and or summer sale. Decisions :-k

I also decided to start trying out my indie games. Pretty much alphabetically unless there is one game that is like tons of MB. If I like a game I will keep on playing it. If not, no harm done.
Posted Image

#2574 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

I want dustforce but part of me says to wait for the next indie bundle and or summer sale. Decisions :-k

I also decided to start trying out my indie games. Pretty much alphabetically unless there is one game that is like tons of MB. If I like a game I will keep on playing it. If not, no harm done.

I say wait for an indie bundle, or at least 75% off.

#2575 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Meh, still waiting for $3.75 on Bastion. Been long enough.

#2576 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm with you on that one. I'm holding off....summer sale is creeping up.

#2577 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

I also have a hunch the latest Indie Royale bundle might launch tomorrow. I have zero evidence to back that up but the April fool one launched on the 4th, The Spring one launched on the 18th so in keeping with those seems like the 'May Hurray' one would launch this Wednesday (two weeks and last two launches were also Wednesdays). Unless I have my dates wrong...

#2578 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

The other thing is because it's published by WB Games, I don't think it has any chance of being in a indie bundle or a very very small chance.

I am surprised it hasn't hit $3.75 yet, I mean it's been out how long now.
Posted Image

#2579 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Released last August so over eight months now.

#2580 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

The other thing is because it's published by WB Games, I don't think it has any chance of being in a indie bundle or a very very small chance.

I am surprised it hasn't hit $3.75 yet, I mean it's been out how long now.

If you're not a mahoosive Cheap Ass and want something to play right now, you can't go far wrong with Bastion. I thought it was excellent. Whether people think it's 60% off excellent is up for debate :lol:

I got it as part of the WB bundle at Xmas but would gladly pay full price for it. One of my favourite games of last year.