Diablo-esque games for 360?

wrecktum662

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, lately I've been playing Diablo 1 &2 in anticipation of D3, but besides that I'm not much of a PC gamer, and my main system is my 360. However, I really enjoy the gameplay and story of Diablo, and was wondering if there are any similar type games for the xbox. any suggestions?

I really wanted to like DS3. Love Diablo games and DS1/2, but it was just horrible.

Torchlight is fun but single player. Crimson Alliance is decent (XBLA). Sacred 2 is like one of the only actual retail releases, and is a good game. I had alot of fun with it.

If it's the action/looting formula you're into, Dungeon Defenders (XBLA) and Lord of the Rings War in the North are pretty good too. (I'm usually not really concerned with the view, more that it's a kill/loot action game)

DD is a third person action / tower defense and lots of loot. LotR is a third person action game with similar looting system (I would wait for it to drop to about 20ish though, the current 40 is a bit much)

I would need someone to confirm this who's had extensive time with both, but I hear whispers of Kingdoms of Amalur being a great fit for Torchlight fans. It might explain why I enjoyed the demo as much as I did.

Torchlight 2 & Trials Evolution are the only two titles I'm truly excited for this year.

I am also looking for a good co-op type Diablo game. Honestly Sacred 2 was ok, but once my wife started falling asleep while playing it, I knew that the game was getting a bit too repetitive. Crimson Alliance was ok as well but just wasn't as good as Torchlight. Will Torchlight 2 have co-op?

I really enjoyed Sacred 2, but it's definitely not perfect by any means. It can get pretty repetitive, but from a dungeon grinding/loot gathering perspective it's pretty fun. The story is completely nonsensical though, you're best just ignoring it.

[quote name='bvharris'] The story is completely nonsensical though, you're best just ignoring it.[/QUOTE]

You might start to notice this when you're given a quest to
retrieve Blind Guardian's stolen gear.

Freakin' awesome.

bread's done
Back