Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/26/12 to 3/3/12)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

As I expected, Lego Harry Potter 5-7 has made it to $19.99 relatively quickly. May finally pick this one up.

#32 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Sweet, I bought FFXIII-2 and SoulCalibur V earlier so time for PM.

#33 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

The story mode wasn't bad, it's just pulling off the moves and specials was a pain in the ass. My son didn't care for it either and he has played all of them for the last 4 or 5 years.

But doing moves is just pressing Grabble and a direction. How is that hard? And special is the single press of the Special button (depending on what Finisher you're doing). Can't talk about Online since I never done so, but I hear it's...ehh.

I think anyone who gets the gamer magazine get $20, everyone else gets $10.

It's $20 if you're Unlocked (subscription). $10 bucks if you're a Gamerzone Member (free). Everyone else is $0. Though I'm sure anyone who buys a game at Best Buy and is a Rewardzone Member probably has at least the free Gamerzone.

So no sale on SSX.
I must be the only person looking forward to that game.
I think it's out on the 28th

You are correct. I'm excited for it! Kinda sad not to see it listed. I have it preorder but may get it elsewhere cause my friend is gonna hook me up. Any money I can save works for me.

#34 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks, nothing for me this week. My wallet is already dead for the week.

#35 JimmyBagODonuts

JimmyBagODonuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

can i subscribe to the gamer magazine? i usually check the bestbuy store but there's never an leaflet...

#36 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

My best buy has saints row 3 on clearance for $37.99. Just throwing that info out there

#37 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I was hoping for a deal for SSX, but getting WWE '12 for $30 with the @Gamer coupon sounds like a plan. May pick up LEGO Harry Potter 5-12 too.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#38 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

$40 is nice but it suffers pretty blatantly from "so how much can we hold back from this to sell as DLC". It's a big step back from Saints Row 2 content-wise.

Saints Row 2 seemed to me more like a game with a billion side missions that don't go anywhere that drowned out the story missions. Saints Row 3 has much fewer side missions but to me they didn't overstay their welcome or overpower the rest of the game. I finished Saints Row 2 much sooner than I did Saints Row 3 (I finished up SR3 in about 35 hours and got every achievement in the process) because I found 80% of the side missions in Saints Row 2 repetitive and just didn't bother to do them. As for the Saints Row 3 DLC, it seems that most of the stuff that has been released so far is fairly weak, so it strikes me as stuff that most people aren't going to miss if they don't buy it. SR3 was one of the few games lasts few years I felt I got more than my money's worth at full price. It isn't perfect but it is mostly devoid of 'un-fun' aspects.

#39 d33jays

d33jays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Quick question - I pre-ordered ME3 at a local BBY and asked about the 20$ e-card. I was told that it was only applicable if I pre-order online and not in-store. If the game is pre-ordered in-store, I won't get the 20$ e-card. I find this kind of odd and I wonder if its accurate.

Does anyone else here encountered same problem?

#40 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I wonder what the chances of GOW3 used going down form 35.00 to cheaper? Got the $20 off coupon and cheaper than $15.00 would be nice.

#41 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

No 3DS love for LEGO HP 5-7?

#42 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Quick question - I pre-ordered ME3 at a local BBY and asked about the 20$ e-card. I was told that it was only applicable if I pre-order online and not in-store. If the game is pre-ordered in-store, I won't get the 20$ e-card. I find this kind of odd and I wonder if its accurate.

Does anyone else here encountered same problem?

Probably a misunderstanding on the employee's part. It's been stated that it's both instore and online. You will get it as long as you buy your preordered copy by March 13th. You will get the ecredit on the 25th of March.

#43 brak2000

brak2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

How long will it be before Rocksmith breaks that $50 sale barrier? I want to get it but I'm curious how long I should wait - I have a hell of a backlog already.

#44 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on PS3 for $20?!?

I don't think my girl friend will let me say no to that. To Best Buy tomorrow!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Waiting till next month for NBA 2k12 GOTY...

#46 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

I never played Saints Row 2 but I have been playing 3 and don't have any feeling that anything too much is missing. What was removed?

I guess online vs modes and the Prof Genki DLC car should have been in the game but for single player it's still awesome. It's got a lot of content and is probably my favorite game of 2011. If you like GTA but want to actually have fun playing it, Saints Row 3 is the game to get.

Fight Club, Crowd Control, Demo Derby, Fuzz, and Septic Avenger are gone. So are the side job diversions and other diversions such as Ho-ing, Racing, Zombie Uprising, Poker/Blackjack, and Tagging. Mission replay and online versus. There are a number of smaller things like less random things pedestrians do, and for some reason they don't hold hands anymore. Melee combat.

All of the first couple weeks of DLC is on disk content at 312kb. The Genki car, the shark gun, etc.

If you enjoyed the third one, you should try the second.

#47 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

Fight Club, Crowd Control, Demo Derby, Fuzz, and Septic Avenger are gone. So are the side job diversions and other diversions such as Ho-ing, Racing, Zombie Uprising, Poker/Blackjack, and Tagging. Mission replay and online versus. There are a number of smaller things like less random things pedestrians do, and for some reason they don't hold hands anymore. Melee combat.

All of the first couple weeks of DLC is on disk content at 312kb. The Genki car, the shark gun, etc.

If you enjoyed the third one, you should try the second.

Damn does sound like they cut a lot. Still a great game imo but yeah I'll definitely try 2 then. Thanks. Glad I got the digital version of 2 free with SR3.

#48 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

Wow, SC V for 40 already is great. While even printing Disneyland Adventures as 50 is a waste of space. This was 20 dollars around Christmas time and can be found elsewhere for cheaper.

Oh well, win some lose some. :)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#49 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

No 3DS love for LEGO HP 5-7?

I only listed what consoles were mentioned on the page.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#50 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Damn does sound like they cut a lot. Still a great game imo but yeah I'll definitely try 2 then. Thanks. Glad I got the digital version of 2 free with SR3.

SR2 had more content but as a whole the game was a turgid, sloppy mess to play.

The cars handled like boxes, the game world was lifeless, the physics clunky, and the graphics were essentially glossy PS2 textures. The entire endeavor looked and played like a student programmer’s first project replete with sophomoric humor and pedestrian design.

I liked SR1 and really enjoyed SR3 but 2 was a piece of unpolished, glitch-filled shit and is easily the worst game Volition has helmed.

#51 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Somehow Kingdoms of Amalur keeps escaping the inevitable $39.99 price within 3 weeks of launch... How is this happening, I really want this game!

#52 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Didn't expect to see LEGO HP drop so fast, but then I guess it was a little more of the same as 1-4. Maybe that bodes for a new LEGO game releasing soon?
Posted Image

#53 keine

keine

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Nice Xbox deal @ Target. I need a new one, but lack the cold hard cash, though. :(

#54 matpaq

matpaq

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

I was just at my local BestBuy and noticed they had set up a table and bin with games for the PS3 and 360 that were already clearance with a sticker on them that said 50% off. So I picked up Dead to Rights Retribution and Vanquish both for 12.50. Just wanted to let you guys know to keep an eye out.

#55 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Man, I just bought a 360 from Best Buy on the 12th. Do you think I can get them to price match Target? What is the deal on that?

Edited by WatTsu, 26 February 2012 - 01:02 AM.

Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#56 superman37876

superman37876

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hmm. Saints Row and Dead Island sound tempting.. But Mass Effect 3 is just around the corner...

#57 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

I'm still holding out for the SCV CE to drop at Best Buy. If it hits $30, that'll be my price point. Get Dampierre.

#58 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Didn't expect to see LEGO HP drop so fast, but then I guess it was a little more of the same as 1-4. Maybe that bodes for a new LEGO game releasing soon?

LEGO just closed a 10 year renewal deal with Lucas for LEGO Star Wars ... I'm sure that will include new games too.

#59 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

is the xbox 360 199.99 then you get $25.00 gift card?

#60 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

is the xbox 360 199.99 then you get $25.00 gift card?

from the OP its $179.99 + $25 GC