Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/26/12 to 3/3/12)

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

Is the ad for Target available anywhere online yet? I'd like to know what else they have.

#62 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

$40 is nice but it suffers pretty blatantly from "so how much can we hold back from this to sell as DLC". It's a big step back from Saints Row 2 content-wise.

Yeah. There wasn't really much to do once you did all of the side stuff to take over a section of the city and finished the main game. Only good thing is if they keep that season pass for $20 on PSN and finish releasing the DLC packs, then I might bite and play this game a lil more.

Only thing I've been doing in the game since I finished it is going to kill zombies and doing police rampages, neither of which is very fun once you have all of the upgrades bought in the game since you're nearly immortal then.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#63 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Damn does sound like they cut a lot. Still a great game imo but yeah I'll definitely try 2 then. Thanks. Glad I got the digital version of 2 free with SR3.

That reminds me that I should try downloading it as well. It should only take till the edge of Doomsday on my connection to finish downloading.:lol:

SR2 had more content but as a whole the game was a turgid, sloppy mess to play.

The cars handled like boxes, the game world was lifeless, the physics clunky, and the graphics were essentially glossy PS2 textures. The entire endeavor looked and played like a student programmer’s first project replete with sophomoric humor and pedestrian design.

I liked SR1 and really enjoyed SR3 but 2 was a piece of unpolished, glitch-filled shit and is easily the worst game Volition has helmed.

I thought Saint's Row 2 was a ton of fun to play. Then again, I'm not usually one to sit there and nitpick about the 'omg graphics' most times. Although since I have a decent sized HDtv now I am noticing some flaws in some games I used to love to play a lot.

Either way though, if a game is fun enough then any graphical issues or glitches mean nothing to me. In some cases the glitches actually make the game MORE fun(GTA).

Posted Image

#64 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

Soul Calibur V for $40 eh, will think about it over the course of the week...

#65 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Soul Calibur V for $40 eh, will think about it over the course of the week...

Really great game....if you play online all the time. The offline content is pretty much garbage. Terrible Story mode, only can play as 3 different characters in it (well, 5 different styles) so no endings for everyone.

FWIW the online netcode is absolutely amazing. almost no lag at all playing people across the world. I'd say maybe 30 is my buy point.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#66 srac84

srac84

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

does anyone know if the best buy gamer magazine coupons will be working on march 1, so we can get ff13-2 for 34.99? Cuz I thought I read somewhere on the forum that someone said coupon won't be valid till the 4th, at which point the sale would be over..

#67 d33jays

d33jays

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Probably a misunderstanding on the employee's part. It's been stated that it's both instore and online. You will get it as long as you buy your preordered copy by March 13th. You will get the ecredit on the 25th of March.

Thanks for the reply!

#68 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I wonder if Target will match bestbuy's sale price of $39.99 on Saints Row the 3rd? Does anyone know if that price is showing up in the Bestbuy ad? Because Target has to have the actual ad.

#69 RockBottom885

RockBottom885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

Eh. I'm not really getting it for online play. I like makin' wrasslers, I want to play around with Universe Mode, the story modes are fun sometimes...that's the appeal for me.

You should enjoy it then. The gameplay for matches is a whole lot better this year with the gameplay changes, and matches for me (on Hard difficulty) are actually pretty challenging at times, and I don't always win. I'd say definitely worth it for $30 if you're not using the online stuff. Hopefully the Community Creations servers will be running decently sometime soon and you can get online and get the better CAWs out there.

#70 brett2007

brett2007

App Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Does anyone know if the Target-exclusive Cinderella costume code for Disney Universe was only if you pre-ordered the game from Target, or does it come inside copies of the game sold at Target?

If it comes in the game, then I'll price match with Target.
Founder & Editor in Chief at AppAddict.net

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

do you know if best buy will price match the xbox 360 for 179.99 and has anyone traded in to best buy, how are they for trading in systems, Thanks..

#72 te619

te619

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Does anyone know if the Target-exclusive Cinderella costume code for Disney Universe was only if you pre-ordered the game from Target, or does it come inside copies of the game sold at Target?

If it comes in the game, then I'll price match with Target.

I'm pretty sure all of the codes came in the package. I had a Captain Hook one in mine.

#73 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I wonder if Target will match bestbuy's sale price of $39.99 on Saints Row the 3rd? Does anyone know if that price is showing up in the Bestbuy ad? Because Target has to have the actual ad.

If its in the ad, Target will match it, no questions asked.

#74 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

... and its in the ad. I just checked.

#75 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

do you know if best buy will price match the xbox 360 for 179.99 and has anyone traded in to best buy, how are they for trading in systems, Thanks..

Best Buy should price match the system if it's just that price. Though if it's adding something (like giftcard) they may not. Depends on the store. And I traded in a good amount of games. I enjoyed it way more then Gamestop. At least for me, I have gotten more money compared to the two. And I love that you can check the prices on any game off their site so I know what I should get. And there's usually a good trade in boost almost like every week. And they do take games without cases. I'm happy with their trade in program. Of course, you'll still probably get more money if you sold your stuff to friends or directly to other people.

#76 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Used a $10 Reward Zone certificate to pick up Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for $9.99. Really enjoy the Lego games and been wanting to pick this one up, but was waiting on that $20 sweet spot. Thanks OP!

#77 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

... and its in the ad. I just checked.

Awesome! Thanks.

#78 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Waiting for amazon to price match lego harry potter. Dont much care for the lego games, for 20 I'll bite ...

#79 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Went to Bestbuy today to price match FFXIII-2 and SCV. After I did that, I bought WWE 12 and used my gamer coupon. I got back 32.10 from PMing and WWE 12 came out to 32.09 with tax. Good day.

#80 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I liked SR1 and really enjoyed SR3 but 2 was a piece of unpolished, glitch-filled shit and is easily the worst game Volition has helmed.

Difference of opinion then, because how you feel about SR2 is how I feel of Saint's Row: The Third. Regardless, if the person has the chance to play the second for free then they should go for it. Nothing really to lose and then they can form their own opinion of the games. Awesome that the second is a free download PS3 owners. How long does that last, because $40 for SR3 and getting SR2 for free is a good deal.

#81 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Difference of opinion then, because how you feel about SR2 is how I feel of Saint's Row: The Third. Regardless, if the person has the chance to play the second for free then they should go for it. Nothing really to lose and then they can form their own opinion of the games. Awesome that the second is a free download PS3 owners. How long does that last, because $40 for SR3 and getting SR2 for free is a good deal.

The free Saint's Row 2 download version was only up till February 13th by redeeming the online pass in Saint's Row 3 and only on PS3 since THQ was originally supposed to offer PS3 exclusive DLC to PS3 owners.

I don't know if the code may still work or not as I redeemed mine very quickly once I found out about the free digital copy of SR2 with using it.;)

Posted Image

#82 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy offers a $10 gift card with Mass Effect 3 pre-orders to Gamer Club members or a $20 gift card to Unlocked members. Saints Row: The Third and Soul Calibur V are $39.99 each.

Posted Image GameStop throws in an extra $25 credit on PSP, DS, 3DS trade-ins toward a PS Vita.

Posted Image Target discounts the Xbox 360 4GB console to $179.99 and includes a $25 gift card.

Posted Image Toys R Us includes a $25 gift card with the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle and discounts 1 year of Xbox Live to $39.99 and the Kinect Sensor to $99.99.

Posted Image Amazon has 1 year of Xbox Live for $35.99, a $10 credit with Mass Effect 3, Soul Calibur V & Saints Row: The Third for $39.99 each and more.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Indiana Jones - See post here

:360::ps3::pc: Preorder and purchase Mass Effect 3, get a $10 e-gift card (Reward Zone Gamers Club members) or $20 e-gift card (Unlocked members)

:360: Buy Xbox 360 4GB console with Kinect, get Zumba Fitness: Rush free $299.99
:360: Xbox LIVE 12-month gold membership card $39.99

$49.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360:
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2
:ps3: The Darkness II
:ps3: Rocksmith
Kinect Disneyland Adventures

$39.99
:360::ps3: Soul Calibur V
:ps3: NBA 2K12
:ps3: Saints Row the Third
:ps3: WWE 12
Gears of War 3

$29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe
:ps3::wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
:ps3: Dead Island
:ps3: Warhammer 4000: Space Marine

$19.99
:360::ps3::wii::3ds:Posted Image:psp: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
:ps3::wii::3ds:Posted Image Cars 2
:ps3::wii: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
:ps3::wii: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ps3: Homefront

Game
Stop
(Ad)
Valid until 2/28

Posted Image Extra $25 credit on PSP, DS, 3DS trade-ins toward a PS Vita
:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption GoTY $29.99

Kmart (Ad)

:360: Buy Xbox 360 4GB console with Kinect, get Zumba Fitness: Rush free $299.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Indiana Jones - See post here

:360: Buy Xbox 360 4GB console, get free $25 gift card $179.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $129.99

Toys R Us (Ad)

:360: Buy Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle, get a $25 gift card
:360: 1 Year XBL $39.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $99.99

Edited by CheapyD, 28 February 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#83 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Best Buy totally honored their price matching policy with a copy of Soul Calibur V I bought from them last week. I went in today and despite no longer having the receipt, they looked up my purchase history via my Reward Zone membership and verified that I did buy the game from them. Once they printed out a new "receipt" for the transaction, they returned 21.54 back to me to match the sale price of Soul Calibur V. This is why I love buying my games from Best Buy. Woot!

#84 Maco70

Maco70

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

So, is the Target deal on the Xbox 4gb system online only? I'd rather just go to the store and save on shipping.

#85 Crono139

Crono139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

So, is the Target deal on the Xbox 4gb system online only? I'd rather just go to the store and save on shipping.

It's listed in the ad so I would assume that it is in-store as well.

The 4GB console with 2 controllers deal is online only.

#86 htz

htz

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Posted Image Buy a PlayStation 3 320GB System and get Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Free.
http://www.amazon.co...f_rd_i=14210751

#87 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

That 360 deal from Target is tempting along with Newegg deal on 320 GB hard drive. If I had the money I'd jump on it just to upgrade to the newer model 360.

#88 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Best Buy totally honored their price matching policy with a copy of Soul Calibur V I bought from them last week. I went in today and despite no longer having the receipt, they looked up my purchase history via my Reward Zone membership and verified that I did buy the game from them. Once they printed out a new "receipt" for the transaction, they returned 21.54 back to me to match the sale price of Soul Calibur V. This is why I love buying my games from Best Buy. Woot!

Yeah tell me about it. I had purchased the xbox 360 42 days ago from BBY and saw the ad today for the Target 179.99 xbox with gc. I knew they wouldn't match the gc but being reward silver I figured I would go over there and see about getting the 20+tax back on my card for the difference on the xbox itself. They looked up my receipt through reward zone and because silver gave me 45 days to return an item they price matched it no questions asked lol. Gotta love that!

#89 Maco70

Maco70

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

It's listed in the ad so I would assume that it is in-store as well.

The 4GB console with 2 controllers deal is online only.

I just went out and bought it. The deal is in store as well. I don't know why it describes the price here: http://www.target.co...le/-/A-12885804 as "online price" if it is really just the sale price.
Posted Image

#90 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

they should match the price but the GC is YMMV since they changed the pm policy last summer.

Somehow Kingdoms of Amalur keeps escaping the inevitable $39.99 price within 3 weeks of launch... How is this happening, I really want this game!

it's something about new IP's same thing happened last year with Rage.

I was just at my local BestBuy and noticed they had set up a table and bin with games for the PS3 and 360 that were already clearance with a sticker on them that said 50% off. So I picked up Dead to Rights Retribution and Vanquish both for 12.50. Just wanted to let you guys know to keep an eye out.

It's a manager's special to move stock...store specific