Need help with forum search

Whedon

CAGiversary!
I am unable to use the search bar to find forum posts and am requesting some advice or insight into what I may be doing wrong.

Example:

type gohastings into search box > select Forums tab above box > No results found

type Amazon into search box > select Forums tab above box > No results found

In order to find the Gohastings thread maintained by Kodave to bump it for a new discount code, I had to search Google for 'Kodave Gohastings' which took me right to the CAG thread I needed.

Why am I unable to do a CAG forum search successfully? Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I want to learn to use CAG correctly and minimize any instances of double posts, posting outside dedicated threads or posting questions that have already been answered. Like this, for example; maybe this has been answered but until someone teaches me how to get that search box to function I can't find it.

Change from search entire posts to search thread titles.. Also, if you know their username, just search for posts created by them.

The search box on the main page, for me, does not seem to have any options such as search entire post or search thread titles. It's just a box, with All, Games, Prices, Users, Features, Forums, Blogs, Lists listed across the top of the box. I can put a word in and click any of those corresponding tabs.

Is there another search tool separate from that box on the main page that I should be using instead?

This is the thread that prompted this inquiry: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316429. The person who responded was quite helpful and even gave me the dedicated thread author's name allowing me to use google to find the main thread, but next time I may not be so lucky so I need to figure out why the Forums tab always says No results found no matter what word I search.

Holy crap I see it now. Have to actually go to Forums then use the Search dropdown.

That box up top is confusing! Why does it have a forums tab for modifying searches? Argh, anyway, tyvm for your time and assistance.

The search feature sucks. I usually have better luck finding old threads just using google.

just type in "cheapassgamer" and the name of the thread to the best of your knowledge, and it usually comes right up. Sometimes including the name of the forum area helps too.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The search feature sucks. I usually have better luck finding old threads just using google.

just type in "cheapassgamer" and the name of the thread to the best of your knowledge, and it usually comes right up. Sometimes including the name of the forum area helps too.[/QUOTE]

That's where I always start. I don't think it has failed me yet.

bread's done
Back