• This topic is locked This topic is locked
773 replies to this topic

#631 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well said across the board Crotch!

Also, anyone have an opinion of The Witcher 2 on 360 vs PC? In the next week or two I'll get the last components of my new PC which should handle anything I can throw at it, so I should run Witcher 2 on max specs. However, I generally prefer a controller to keyboard/mouse (just find it more comfortable). Both options would be played from my recliner on my hdtv, so theres not a huge difference.

Mainly wondering if the graphics are significantly different or if there are any control benefits to playing on PC (ala how Dragon Age plays significantly different, and much much better, on PC)?
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#632 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

There's a part seven to all that, but I'm too damn busy. Beavers won't trap themselves.

Posted Image

#633 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Not sure I follow the indoctrination theory, for all those characters to be made up the entire time... I guess I don't remember my ME history too well.

--

Did a few side quests around The Hive and picked up Dak'kon. Should be enough to take down the necromancer in the mausoleum. Blackrose fucked me up, though

UjCoyFa.png

#634 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Just completed Parameters a little while ago. It's a super bare-bones doujin action RPG, which I had learned about here. It's... also pretty addictive.

that was fun.

i can imagine trying to time attack it though. would be interesting...
Every day's great at your Junes!

#635 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Not sure I follow the indoctrination theory, for all those characters to be made up the entire time... I guess I don't remember my ME history too well.

--

Did a few side quests around The Hive and picked up Dak'kon. Should be enough to take down the necromancer in the mausoleum. Blackrose fucked me up, though

Yeah, the Alley of Crooked Angles is a bitch at a low-level. Thanks a lot, Annah. The necromancer's a lot easier.

Did you talk to O and the bartender when you picked up Dak'kon?

Posted Image

#636 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Talked to the burning man's lover and the war vet, I'm still in the bar though so I'll talk to the others when I log back on.

UjCoyFa.png

#637 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Part Six: This Section Narrated by an Indoctrinated Ron Howard

Spoiler

Spoiler

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#638 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#639 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Okay, final part of my god damn monologue. Less focused on the game this time; more about all the shit since its release. Lots of quotes, so it's the longest one. Some of it might be petty/uninteresting to you, but... eh. Completeness, motherfuckers.

Part Seven: Adrian's Revenge

Spoiler

Edited by The Crotch, 05 May 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image

#640 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

The Crotch Column, Vanity Fair.

UjCoyFa.png

#641 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

God damn so many typoes and I forgot to close that [url] tag Fuck. Vanity Fair, fire your editor!

EDIT: And seriously, it's nice to see someone from Bioware act like a human being and not a sound bite dispenser. No matter what you think of his answers, he comes off well from that. Go Patrick Weekes!

Edited by The Crotch, 05 May 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

#642 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Rubbed half of the Nier review out today, may have time to finish tomorrow. Have a few hours to study before belligerent drunks take over the house tonight.

Because it's fucking Cinco de Mayo :whee:

UjCoyFa.png

#643 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Also, anyone have an opinion of The Witcher 2 on 360 vs PC? In the next week or two I'll get the last components of my new PC which should handle anything I can throw at it, so I should run Witcher 2 on max specs. However, I generally prefer a controller to keyboard/mouse (just find it more comfortable). Both options would be played from my recliner on my hdtv, so theres not a huge difference.

Mainly wondering if the graphics are significantly different or if there are any control benefits to playing on PC (ala how Dragon Age plays significantly different, and much much better, on PC)?

PC. PC version also supports controller.

Edited by j-cart, 06 May 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#644 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Rubbed half of the Nier review out today, may have time to finish tomorrow. Have a few hours to study before belligerent drunks take over the house tonight.

Because it's fucking Cinco de Mayo :whee:

I know I've asked you before, but did you play/watch the final two endings?

Posted Image

#645 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Played to get ending B. Watched endings C and D. A shame because those were very fulfilling, but required some bullshit about collecting all the game's weapons.

UjCoyFa.png

#646 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

Ending D was fucking glorious, but yeah, too much fucking around to get to C and D. Cavia finally made a good game, but god damn they hated completionists until the day they died.

EDIT: The game does sell most of the weapons though, I think.

EDIT2:

To clarify,
Spoiler

Edited by The Crotch, 06 May 2012 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

#647 jello44

jello44

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ending D was fucking glorious, but yeah, too much fucking around to get to C and D. Cavia finally made a good game, but god damn they hated completionists until the day they died.

EDIT: The game does sell most of the weapons though, I think.

It does, there were only like, three that you had to get from quests if I remember right.

72768.png

#648 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Still, it seems a lot of JRPG developers have great ideas in store before they feel like their product isn't "video game" enough, and slap on some 15 year old tradition of stupid shit.

Yeah, this dungeon looks nice, I like it. But you know, it's not quite game enough. Put trap doors every few feet and if the players fall in them, they have to start the area all over again. Yeah, you know, fun stuff like that.

<- Lost Odyssey.

Hey, there's a door here. Put a crate in front of it they have to move first.

<- Nier.

UjCoyFa.png

#649 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

I wish I could see who added those tags to this thread.

Head wings will be the number one issue among "values voters" in the upcoming election, I tell you!

Posted Image

#650 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

PC. PC version also supports controller.

Ooo, that might be it then. Don't have a wired 360 controller, but I think there's a way to use a PS3 controller via USB so I may need to see if I can get that to work. Thanks!
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#651 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ooo, that might be it then. Don't have a wired 360 controller, but I think there's a way to use a PS3 controller via USB so I may need to see if I can get that to work. Thanks!

Look up MotionInJoy for PS3 controllers. It is what I use.

Wish I could get it to recognize the Bluetooth on my motherboard, tho...
Posted Image

#652 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Game works well with M+KB. Inventory management is going to be a pain with a controller, since it was designed to be used with a mouse cursor.

#653 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Can you switch on the fly between mouse and controller on that game?

I like it when games do that.

#654 elaine_of_shalott

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

OK I am trying to figure out what I should play next. To give you an idea of my tastes I would rank the RPGs I have played so far this Gen

1. Lost Odyssey
2. FFXIII
3. Eternal Sonata
4. FFXIII-2
5. Tales of Vesperia (Haven't completed. I think Judith had just shown up when I left off)

I have sitting around, White Knight Chronicles, Last Remenant, Star Ocean or I could try to complete Tales of Vesperia. What do you think I will enjoy picking next the most?

Edited by elaine_of_shalott, 06 May 2012 - 11:42 PM.
Punctuation

#655 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

"Try" to complete ToV? If it's on your top 5 you should be a bit more excited to finish it...

Anyways, WKC is complete ass, I hear Last Remnant is very buggy, and Star Ocean is pretty much a battle system falsely advertised as a complete game. It's a wonderful time to be a JRPG fan.

UjCoyFa.png

#656 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

Last Remenant is fine on the PC.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#657 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

but judith is the best part of ToV!

oh wait i see your name
it's not a male name.
i understand now.
Every day's great at your Junes!

#658 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Star Ocean is fun, but that shit gets boring after a while.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#659 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

Edge Maverick

#660 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Wahh I am not sure about that Nier review, but it's fucking done.

UjCoyFa.png