Nintendo Retail Representative job

Ozonekill

CAGiversary!
I got a call back message for a phone interview from Nintendo. It's a Retail Representative job. Anything I should expect? Kinda scared for some reason. The job seems easy, but a lot of driving.

Description:
Nintendo of America The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii home console and Nintendo DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 3.5 billion video games and more than 577 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Super NES, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

** This a Part-Time Position that will NOT lead to a Full-Time opportunity. ** In order to be considered for any of our openings, all applicants must be a resident of area listed below. (Please do not apply for this position if you do not meet this requirement.) Area(s): ************ We're looking for a Retail Representative to work 3 full weekdays, Monday - Friday. Will be required to be available on weekends as needed.

Description of Duties
Complete store calls at 50 accounts
Drive 1,000 miles per month
Reset product displays, using planograms
Clean, maintain and perform basic repair to interactive displays
Provide product education to store personnel
Complete reports and transmit data via hand-held computer
Maintain display parts and P.O.P. inventory
Perform basic repair of electronic components
Conduct product demonstrations, often times on weekends Summary of Requirements
1-2 years of experience working in a retail environment
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid driver's license and good driving record with fewer than two moving violations in the past five years
Proof of vehicle ownership and auto insurance in your name
Sufficient storage space in residence for POP materials
Overnight travel is required for certain territories
Ability to utilize cleaning agents in accordance with hazardous materials handling procedures
Computer proficiency in MS Word and Windows
Strong time management skills
Ability to lift 30 lbs and work at various heights
Access to a telephone land line or high speed internet service at your residence
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with a high degree of accountability
Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
* Part-Time benefits includes, but not limited to: Mileage reimbursement at IRS mileage rate, 401K, discounts on Nintendo products, prorated holiday pay (including 1 week in December), bonus opportunities twice a year. ** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes. We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.

sounds like used to be called a Merchandising Job i did something like this for a card company back in the early 90s. Was easy to start but became a major pain in the ass (then again this was way before pcs come into the the workforce)

1000 a month is only 30 miles a day.

Mileage reimbursement at IRS mileage rate, i think that rate is like 53 cents or 55 cents so that is a nice chunk of change (well depending on how well you car gets )

i say go for it

This sounds like a couple of merchandising jobs my husband did before...drive to a store, set up and stock displays, harass store managers to buy more of your product, in store demos to customers, etc. I even shadowed him at work for a few days here and there just to see what he did.

Our opinion...this is just an okay job if its full time with benefits, especially considering wear and tear on your vehicle.

I'm a bit concerned about it being part time with no opportunity to advance to full time, and am a bit curious about the hours. If its 3 full work days only per week all in a row, that might not be too bad. If its some lame ass crap like you work only a few hours per every day of the week, that would get really old quick, especially if you have to waste alot of time driving around.

Also, if you take this job, be very careful with store managers, some are just assholes who will see you as free labor and try to trick you into reorganizing a whole goddamned aisle just so you can display your product.

bread's done
Back