CAGcast #273: The Wombat Syndrome

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck enters the Binary Domain, Cheapy has second thoughts about an E3 party, and Wombat explains how Sony suffers from The Wombat Syndrome.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]182[/podcast]
Download - 76 minutes, 45MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (DJ Sujinho & Cassiano) / Beefsteak Charlies Commercial

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Notes: Black Knight Sword is not out this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Tech-Gaming.

Alright, let's see if I can offer up some constructive criticism Wombat.

"I'm not outraged by it either, I just like to stir things up."

This confirms what I've been thinking for quite a while. I'm normally a fan of yours but when you start playing devil's advocate just for the sake of causing controversy I feel like you're just wasting my time. I listen to this podcast to hear the three of yours opinions on gaming news. I don't really want to hear you picking a viewpoint to argue with just for the sake of arguing. Didn't this just happen with the whole Double Fine Kickstarter thing?

It's gotten to the point where sometimes I can no longer differentiate between your real opinion and a viewpoint you've just picked for the sake of argument. I would rather hear you discuss your own thoughts over you just saying "Hey, this is the popular opinion and I want to go against this, so let's argue about it."

If you really want to improve you'd offer up your own opinion and stick to it instead of arguing just for the sake of arguing. Discussion can still be had and it would flow more naturally and seem more realistic if you were actually talking from a viewpoint you believe instead of just pulling up points that go against popular opinion.

That's just how I feel, and I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

Also, no show next week?! God damn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My constructive criticism comment for the contest:

I enjoy the format of the show, but I do think if you added better transitions to segments (I.E. Wombat's New and Stuff) like music, or something to that effect could help with making the pacing better or easier to transition.

Sorry, only thing I could come up with...

Misinformation on the used vita games/trophies thing.

The game that are affected are games that save directly to the cart. The reason why you can't earn trophies on a uses game is because the save file is already tied to a user's account. It's not to combat used games, nor is it DRM. It's to prevent people from sharing trophies and cheating it. The delete thing is not a work around, thats how the system is built. It even tells you that if you want to earn trophies, you need to delete the application data first...Sony did this intentionally. It has nothing to do with fighting used games

I was wondering with all this ME3 controversy. How does the SYWR coupon work for kmart does it actually expire 3/6/12 if you preorder me3 from them?

Constructive criticism? The format of the show is fine. The thing that bothered me, was the never ending negative critique on the Vita from CheapyD and Shipwreck. It was like listening to two parrots say exactly the same thing over and over again. If you're going to hate (or be overzealous) on something it wouldn't hurt if you had something new to say.

[quote name='Wario64']Misinformation on the used vita games/trophies thing.

[/QUOTE]

I blame Shipwreck. He's supposed to be the smart one.

My criticism of the show is really only about one thing...Cheapy's occasional fecal tales. To me it just makes the show look immature when he starts talking about poop this and poop that. It makes him sound like a little kid when he starts talking about "doody". I know he doesn't do it all the time, but when he does it just makes the show look bad to me (Especially when held up against other video game podcasts.)

Other than that I really don't have any other problems with the show or you guys.

In regards to the whole Cross Assault issue.

I watched the show, and while Aris is an idiot, Miranda is overreacting. There was another female on that program, a Starcraft/Street Fighter player known as Sherry Jennix, and she said it best. She didn't stand up for herself. If Miranda had told Aris to stop, he would have. This is coming from a girl who has been active in the fighting game community for years, knows Aris, and has been harassed by stalkers and lurkers in the past. Yet, she sees - as a female - that Miranda is just a drama queen. Besides, the majority of the "harassment" came from some of the viewers, who even set up a Tumblr account with some blurry pics of Miranda's thighs. Aris fucked up, and he is getting a lot of flak for what he said (and he deserves it in my opinion), but no one is talking about how she is acting like she was being gang raped on camera when she didn't even stood her ground and told him to fuck off in the first place, making everything seem worse than what it really was.

Besides all the drama, a lot of great stuff happened on that show. Professional players and commentators who are not know outside the FGC got a lot of exposure, like Maximilian from Machinima/Online Warrior Productions and Dr Sub Zero - who is one of the forefathers of live video game commentary and the host of The Ask Dr Sub Zero show, relationships between Capcom and those who run tournaments, fighting game events, and fighting game-related content online were solidified, and naysayers were converted when they saw how fun and how crazy this game can get.

In the end, all that matters is the game, and Street Fighter x Tekken has to be one Capcom's most ambitious fighting game since X-Men vs Street Fighter. I can't wait 'till Tuesday to wear my thumbs off playing it.

I'm not doing this for the Mortal Kombat copy (I already have the game, so it's only fair that other CAGs get a shot at it), but as far as show criticism goes, just keep doing what you've been doing all these years. I've said this in the past, but this is one of the few podcasts that I find genuinely fun and interesting. Not only I get to listen to your opinions, but it is awesome to see how you guys delve into the business side of things, which makes this show very unique. I have learned a lot about how video game sites work, as well as how video game publishers have found ways to make more revenue and work the press in their favor. Also, Cheapy's poop tales are fun, Wombat always manages to piss someone off (which is something I really like about him), and Shipwreck's reviews on the show are always on point. Just keep up the good work.

Long time listener, occasional poster. This was a good podcast as usual guys. I don't really care about Mortal Kombat that much (but hey free is free), so here are some critiques/comments:

Cheapy: PLEASE don't abandon poop stories. They are rare enough that they are still surprising and funny, and they are always memorable. Also, you should ask the devs at Volition to make an amphibious vehicle - that sounds like epic fun. Finally, please try to come up with a fun party idea, maybe you could ask attendees to bring some kind of donation as an admission "ticket"? That way you would still be hooking up CAGs, while helping a charity at the same time.

Ship: I enjoyed your twitpic posts from Walmart. I like knowing the plunger sales trends in your neck of the woods. Also, please stop talking about Skylanders. I am becoming obsessed with the damn things and I don't (and WON'T!) own any. ;)

Wombat: Congrats on drinking the Ipunch™ - I get the feeling I will be the last person on earth to own a damn Iphone. I also enjoyed your reaction to the Assassin's Creed 3 image floating around - I agree, that looks like a really cool idea, and I really hope it's not a photoshop hoax. I could see an Assassin using tall ships for high dives (Assassin's tea party perhaps? heh)

Keep up the awesome work, guys. You're my favorite podcast.

this is me trying to win wombat`s mk game
actually i don`t have any criticism i love the show especially all the non topic related stuff you
guys come out with, very fun and dumb. i actually found the podcast first then joined
the cag website, i like the cagcast so much that i downloaded all the episodes available
starting from episode one back in 08/05/2005 so while i wait for the new one i playing catch
up listening to old episodes so much fun keep up the good work guys!!!:applause::applause:

Constructive criticism contest submission:

First off I view this podcast as casual gaming podcast and don't really take opinions on video games to heart like other gaming podcasts I listen to.

Wombat seem to be on a huge ego trip lately and tries to force his ideas onto the show to seek more attention (?) possibly due to the fact he hasn't had any recent games/hardware for discussion.

Shipwreck in my opinion is the most informed one about video game news/ releases seeing his exp on playing recent games. It seems to me that he's holding back some or don't really want to give his overall honest opinion on several subjects seeing he may be afraid of being told off, have his opinions swept under the rug seeing the other members not also playing current games/ Wombat's 'I'm always right' attitude and cheapy's tendency to back him up.

Cheapy, not as active as he used to be in video game discussions. Seems as if he is caught between siding between Wombat or Shipwreck most of the time instead of actually putting in his own opinions having siding with Wombat in most subjective arguments and Shipwreck when he has something objective/factual to say. When he can't make up his mind he tends to change topics entirely.

Overall, the podcast now seem as if there's an awkward tension between the 3 as oppose to a group think mentality in the past. Drama is nice, but Cheapy needs to straighten all this out if you know what I mean.

As for the e3 party money, why not spend it on games for all 3 party members. Easier to relate to one another if everyone is playing the same thing from show to show.

I would just like to point out, near the end when you brought up the Mass Effect 3 dlc coming with anything Mass Effect related that you can buy, I have seen some comparisons to Skylanders with how you are buying physical content to get something in the game which can cause both of those games to end up costing more and if it's something that you can see other franchises doing in the future?

While I'm not sure myself if the dlc is exclusive or just those packs (which I think would make more sense) I'm not sure how many people are going to just buy these books and figures for the codes, I agree with Shipwreck in the sense that the people that are going to buy this stuff would have either way so in reality it's kind of like a little bonus for the dedicated fans, and not necessarily a cash grab in.

[quote name='CheapyD']I blame Shipwreck. He's supposed to be the smart one.[/QUOTE]

I blame me too. I didn't have time to do anything but read that one article that was posted on the outline about the "Used Vita Game Trophies" thing. I'll do better. And I'm really happy this isn't true on Sony's end.

Rather than an E3 CAG Party:

1. Buy gaming PCs for Cheapy, Ship, and Wombat so you can talk about PC gaming when needed.

2. Get Wombat a new laptop, he really wants one and he's the kind of guy who will give his old one to his wife rather than spend $450 to get her a new one.

3. No party at E3 means more time to smoke at E3.

4. Commission a CAG iOS game, a cross between Game Dev Story and Tiny Tower where you have to buy the most/best games for the least amount of money and resell your games for maximum value. Bonus points for being a douche.

5. Child's Play.

6. I like the Rain Man idea but you also need to make it rain like Pac-Man.

A quick bit of constructive criticism (Konstructive Kritisism?)

I feel like you have a few too many show segments and you move through them very rigidly. This episode was actually a pretty good example of this. A lot of "now lets move onto THIS" or "wait are we onto multi platform news now?"

Making things more conversational and free flowing would work better for me. More of those "should we talk about this now or wait for Sony discussion... I guess I can just do it now" moments but without having to ask if its okay first.

HBO Go is a big deal because it allows access to every HBO show and a lot of movies. On Demand only gives you access to a handful of shows and a handful of episodes. For example, I am looking forward to watching Deadwood and past seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Without HBO Go on the 360, I would have to watch it on the computer or iPad or fork out cash for the blu-rays. HBO blu-rays are super expensive.

Not a gamechanger, but it is is a pretty great feature.

My constructive criticism for the CAGcast is: why are the shows so short? 3 hours minimum to satisfy my needs. You guys need to drop all work and family responsibility, play more games and just be dicks to your haters to improve upon the show. I WANT MORE CAGCAST.

Thank you.

Constructive criticism:

First off, I want to tell you, that I really enjoy this show, and have been listening for a few years. I am a fairly casual gamer, and I do not keep up with all the latest gaming news, and usually get my info from the cagcast. You guys have provided me with with a lot of good info and game recommendations. You three guys seem to each represent a different view point when it comes to gaming and I can tell what games I will like based upon which one of you guys like the game and by how much.

Here are some suggestions from someone who doesn't do what you guys do, and probably has no business telling you guys what you should do, but I'm going to do it anyway, cause damn it, I want to win that game. ;-)

Sometimes the show seems to lack direction, this is probably due to the casual nature of the show. I feel that perhaps you can take the show to 'the next level' if you guys gave yourselves a bit more direction. If you're not interested and just want to keep it casual, that's all good too. I'm still going to listen. But if you are, I think you guys need to ask yourselves what is it that you want this show to do, or what is going to represent? Are you trying to get this show to be a premiere show for news and reviews? Are you trying to be the best show for finding the best deals out there? I dunno, that's for you to figure out.

I suppose you could also up the ante by raising the production value of the show, maybe adding transitions and bumpers to your segments, but that's a lot more editiing, and doesn't really add any content, only polish. Adding formalized transitions would make the flow of the show smoother and may result is less of the "oh are we now doing multiplatforming??" type of thing.

Finally, the one addition I'd love to see this show get is a live stream with a chatroom. I think being able to interact with you guys as you do that show would be a lot of fun. It would add a 'forth host' to the show. The chat room could provide commentary as you go, and possibly add content: links to stories, funny insights, and inappropriate responses.

Overall, as I said before, I think you guys do a great job and hope to continue listening for a long time.

RenX99

When Cheapy said he turns 40 next year, that really hit me. I'm 38 right now, but I turn 40 next year too. It just sounds crazy to say. It isn't until November 2013, but it is still next year.

My criticism of the show is it needs more ponies.

Productive Criticisms for Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition? Hell yea. While I 900% agree with you on the setup with Sony's Vita, I feel that sometimes there is unfair criticisms on the Sony side mainly because your preference to Microsoft. This seems to be because of Achievements? i guess it makes you all Achievement whores? Don't worry, I am a whore going 3 ways now which makes me a sick bastard. Best games for the Vita so far, Uncharted, Fifa and Hot Shots Golf. I'm buying a second one this month for my son to be 11 year old son as well. The only other thing I can be critical of is Wombat. I'm sad to see that you are not continually playing Skyrim for a year like you did Oblivion. Why do you think you are playing less of this version compared to Oblivion? Awesome show guys

[quote name='davidb69']Productive Criticisms for Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition? Hell yea. While I 900% agree with you on the setup with Sony's Vita, I feel that sometimes there is unfair criticisms on the Sony side mainly because your preference to Microsoft. This seems to be because of Achievements? i guess it makes you all Achievement whores? Don't worry, I am a whore going 3 ways now which makes me a sick bastard. Best games for the Vita so far, Uncharted, Fifa and Hot Shots Golf. I'm buying a second one this month for my son to be 11 year old son as well. The only other thing I can be critical of is Wombat. I'm sad to see that you are not continually playing Skyrim for a year like you did Oblivion. Why do you think you are playing less of this version compared to Oblivion? Awesome show guys[/QUOTE]

When Oblivion came out I had no kids.

My constructive criticism of the show would be to add and keep some segments to provide the show more structure. Last year you guys were talking about "Top Analyst" for a couple of weeks and then it just faded and was forgotten about. It would be cool once a month to hear your predictions for what is game is going to sell better, if the Vita will beat the 3DS launch, etc.

Same thing with the segment where Cheapy bought Wombat XBLA/PSN games to try out. I understand that might get expensive every week, but it was fun to hear about.

You could also tie the CAGCast into the site better by having a brief segment where you recap the top few deals of the week posted on CAG or upcoming Sunday ad deals.

I don't want you guys to lose the freeflow nature of the CAGCast too much, but you could do 45 minutes of banter and game experience recaps followed by structured segments or use them as a transition between regular banter and recaps of the previous week's games.

[quote name='Wombat']When Oblivion came out I had no kids.[/QUOTE]

With my kids being 10 and 8, I don't have to pay as much attention to them anymore. I forget the first 6 years where they need/want more attention. My 10 year old tells me to go away 90% of the time and they don't even want me to game with them now. Most of my gaming time is post 9pm.

Great Cagcast guys. Wombat, you are completely right about the Futurama episode with Fry's dog. My god was that punishing on my feelings. Wish I had a dog that would love me that much.

Here are some thoughts on the show lately.

Cheapy D seems less of a gamer as of late. The only game I know he has played lately is Saints Row 3 and maybe some demos and demos they he doesn’t even want to try. He is has been misinformed lately about some basic game news. I am starting to see that this is more of a job for him then his passion. P.S I don’t need/want to hear about Apple products every show.

Wombat is pretty much the same. I enjoy his humor and don’t take a lot of what he says too seriously. I mean c’mon, it’s a video game podcast. It is interesting to hear how he games with 2 kids, a wife and a full time job.

Shipwreck seems like a hard core gamer. He plays through a lot of games and buys almost everything. I don’t know where he finds the time with a full time job and a wife as well. I am being D.I.N.K.S helps.

The format of the show is fine. There should be some sort of structure no matter how loose it is.

I enjoy this podcast and it is one of the ones I look forward to. I would say this is top 3 with the Giant Bombcast and Invisible Walls.

Keep em coming.

Jms493

Honestly, I never have an issue with the way you guys run the show. The way I always look at it is. It's a podcast and I listen to be entertained while I'm doing something else (normally at work). As long as you guys are talking about anything I'm happy. The different views, opinions, and personalities that the three of you bring to the podcast each week is perfect in my opinion. One of my favorite podcasts of all time was Diggnation where the show hosts rarely if ever stayed on topic or stuck to their normal show format. And it was awesome! So to those people that complain when you guys get off topic or think one you rants about something for too long. Get over yourself. It's a podcast and variety is the spice of life.

Keep up the good work guys. Another excellent episode.

As a long time listener of the show, I don't think I have any constructive criticism. I see nothing wrong with the format of the show, the length or the hosts. I enjoy listening to you three every week. The only suggestion I would make is bring the show to PAX East.

Bring back the "CAGs on News" jingle. That's my criticism.

Why can't Cheapy and Shipwreck do a show together next week with Wombat out?

Constructive criticism... play more games! I don't care if it's iOS, Vita, 360, just play more games. I understand Wombat being too busy to play a lot of games, but Cheapy's gotta have more to talk about. The game conversations are getting thinner and thinner.

[quote name='Curufinwe']

Why can't Cheapy and Shipwreck do a show together next week with Wombat out?[/QUOTE]

yeah why not?

Hey guys,

I suppose this is desperation at its finest, seeing as I would very much like that MK:KE Wombat is giving away, but as you can see from my posts it wouldn't appear that I'm much of a interactive listener in regards to the message boards. They aren't my thing, but I do listen to the CAGcast every week and look forward to it as my favorite video gaming podcast, so please don't let my lack of posts give the impression that I'm not a excited and constant listener, I just don't get on the ol' interwebs too often to post on a message board.

With that out of the way, let me offer my Konstructive Kriticism (sad, I know) for the show in general:

Pros:
* All 3 of you have a unique viewpoint on video games and provide excellent banter when talking about it. Shipwreck seems to be the level-headed one with (most) of the facts straight, Cheapy D is one extreme of an opinion of being a lazy gamer with views in the minority (case in point: this show on the Used Game Trophy's discussion, or before with online game codes that EA was doing to counter Used Games sells) and Wombat is the guy who brings the unpopular opinion of playing devil's advocate to a lot of things happening in the video game world (hating on Double Fine's Kickstarter success) but really just providing that counterpoint. Although he sometimes believes it and is unpopular for it.
* The coverage is phenomenal. When you discuss a game or something going on, you definitely break it down by what would be the popular opinion and unpopular and discuss all angles of it.
* Games are well-discussed. Each one of you can clearly articulate what works/doesn't work in a game and have your opinions on it. It doesn't mean that I always agree, but that would be boring if we all agreed all the time. It just means you have conviction to stick with what you believe and not be swayed by other's opinions.
* Interaction with the community. You guys all constantly respond to things that listeners have to say which is nice. A lot of podcasts don't do this at all nor seem to care but you clearly address issues that don't allow them to remain dormant and listeners to not be heard.
* The show speeds along nicely. There is a lot of ground to cover every week and it stays very organized and relevant when talking about video games. Other things, well, see below...

Cons:
* Poop stories. They just aren't that interesting. I'm not grossed out by them, I just want to get video game news, and video game news this is not.
* Private stories: While I do enjoy hearing about your personal lives, it provides a connection a lot of other shows don't have, they can sometimes run really long, even into the first 30 minutes of the show. I know it's free so I can't really complain, but like I said, it's a video game show and I'm more interested in hearing your opinions on games coming out and news in the world of games. It should still remain, it is interesting to hear about your private lives, but keep it tighter.
* When talking about games or news sometimes it's hard to keep up with the show. I'll admit that I get my video game news from just a few sources, but sometimes you all discuss an event or something that has happened without any proper setup. Perfect example is this episode. I have no clue what Shipwreck is talking about when it comes to the trash-talking at some fighting event. Maybe this is a big deal and all over YouTube, but it would be good if one of you just took 20 seconds to set up whatever the story is and remember that not everyone follows everything in gaming. I may be in the minority here but it does make it hard to follow.
* This has happened in the past and I even posted about it once, which is sometimes when a game comes up as a new release or whatever there would be a time when Shipwreck or Wombat would have played it but Cheapy D's lack of interest in the series or title would simply shout "pass" and the game wouldn't be discussed. I felt that this was unfair to whoever sent the review copy to any of you to get a plug of some sort it's inconsiderate to that game company, but it also doesn't allow even a short discussion on said game. I remember this distinctly happening with Mega Man 10 a while back and has come up from time to time. It is Cheapy D's show so he can do what he wants, but that is my criticism.

Hope that helps and is taken into account in some way. Maybe I'll make this as my first steps into becoming a more active member on the MB, giving feedback to each show. Popular or unpopular, haha.

HBO Go: there are some things on there that aren't available On Demand.

Also, Wombat said Game with Thrones. What a complete dumbass.

Instead of an e3 party how about a cagcast app that works similar to my brother my brother and me's app?

Yeah that hot fritos burritos from taco bell is delicious.

Constructive Criticism:

I really miss having the outline. I do other stuff while I listen to the CagCast, so I don't always here the games you are talking about. So if yo start to talk about something that catches my ear, I either have to hope you mention the game title again, or I have to rewind the podcast.

Here is my constructive criticism:

When you start a story about a reality show you have never heard of before, try mentioning the name of the show, so at least the listeners know what you are talking about. You guys went about 3 minutes talking about a show without ever mentioning it's name.

CROSS ASSAULT!

Other than that, loved the show.

My complaint with the podcast is that you guys have never settled on what type of show you are trying to be, and as a result it is hard to consistently enjoy the podcast. I think the podcast is at it's best when you are trying to provide insightful cometary on specific games or trends in the industry. During these segments you genuinely have something different to offer than other video game media, and it complements the shopping focus of the website. However the show then relapses into a three guys talking about their week format which is entertaining, but often becomes a platform for demonstrating your personal biases. Your lack of interest and knowledge in major segments of the industry such as PC gaming, portable gaming, and games that are neither first person nor multiplayer undermines any insight provided. A good solution might be to bring on guests that have interests in these areas periodically or even on a rotating basis.

- No additional segment bumpers
- Less feces
- The 3DS seems to be doing fairly well. Perhaps Cheapy could try a 3DS game other than the dog simulator.
- Weird Japan stories are always welcome
- It would be good if all 3 hosts always had the latest systems at launch. Cheapy seems to buy everything specifically so he can talk about it on the show. Shipwreck seems to buy everything because he likes to buy everything. And then there is Wombat. No 3DS...no Vita...just got an iOS device. If it is a financial issue, perhaps that unspent E3 party money could be used to keep Wombat current.

My biggest criticism is not about Wombat, but Cheapy ... Cheapy's passive aggressive anger towards you is quite annoying. I just hope you don't eat off his plate this year!

Okay, let me start off by saying that I love CAG, the hosts and the CAGcast. But since the door has been opened for some constructive criticism, I may as well throw this stuff out there.

First of all, I think the variation is a bit lacking in the more recent episodes. The structure is important and I do understand that, but I really feel that over 1/4 of each episode is spent on drawn out discussions, like, as everyone else has pointed out, the Vita bashing. Or even Skyrim.

As amazing as Skyrim is, did we really need all of that discussion over multiple CAGcasts taking up a huge amount of time?

For that sort of thing, maybe you should start an hour long live discussion block each week. You would free up quite a bit of show time, which could then be used for new segments to keep things fresh.

Second, while the show is definitely funny, I personally would love to see more dedicated comedy segments. I love to laugh; who doesn't?

I love the show as it is, so please do not take this as me saying otherwise. But I truly feel that the show could benefit from the above suggestions, provided you could all find the time to really make those things happen.

Also, welcome to the family, Wombat! iPhones are awesome! ;)

Constructive criticism segment of the post:

I do enjoy the way the podcast is laid out; I've always enjoyed hearing you three talk about things happening in your lives, hearing stories from people you've talked to and places you've been, listening to things that Tai or Sabrina have done or said... having listened to you guys for years, it's great to hear references back to old shows or stories, or hear updates to things you mentioned before. It makes the show feel very personal, and shows that you actually care to interact with your fans and let them be involved in your lives to some extent.

One thing I think could be changed, though, is the way in which you three occasionally express your opinions. I trust all of your judgments on certain titles that I'd be otherwise unaware of or have few details on, so I like to hear your personal AND professional takes on games or events in the industry. However, hearing certain statements, such as Cheapys' 'it'll probably suck, then' statement to Black Knight Sword simply because it would be a Grasshopper title, tells me nothing about the game or why he believes it would be subpar. If none of the three of you know much about it, then it could be useful to your listeners to look up at least a few basic details about whatever game you're going to mention or ask about. Otherwise, all you're doing is giving what feels like a biased opinion with no given basis on a game that we have heard nothing about from you.

Personal comment segment of the post:

Great to hear some good discussion again; I always love hearing Wombats' questions and comments that keep the conversation going but really make you think about the situation being discussed. Also sad to hear that there's no show next week; normally these podcasts make my week a bit better, so hopefully the next podcast will be extra awesome.

I need to mention Cheapys' whitewash statement about Grasshopper Manufacture in regards to Black Knight Sword. I still know nothing of this game, and it seems like the three of you aren't informed about it as well. However, Cheapys' opinions of Grasshopper really left a bad taste in my mouth from this podcast. Grasshopper has quickly gone from a very niche market company to a company that many people in the mainstream constantly watch for the next title. Both No More Heroes titles, Shadows of the Damned, and Fatal Frame IV (among some of the recent titles) have received very positive reviews from multiple reviewers, and are generally considered to be quality titles by gamers.

Looking forward, both Lollipop Chainsaw and Sine Mora are anticipated titles receiving much more promotion than previous Grasshopper titles, showing that the company is not only more confident that people will invest in their titles, but that they know people will be paying attention. Hearing that Cheapy knows nothing about Black Knight Sword but thinks it'll be bad anyways simply because of the company it's from is extremely non-informative and not at all helpful to those wanting to know more.

Otherwise, good show, as always, and I can't wait for the next one. Funny to see Shipwreck getting the last word in after "bread's done", too! XD

bread's done
Back