axlrose4183

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Woods is a good worker.

#422 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'll never be able to take Chris Hero seriously. Not after seeing Violent J refer to him as Chris Homo and address his Superman Pajama ring gear on JCW.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#423 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'll never be able to take Chris Hero seriously. Not after seeing Violent J refer to him as Chris Homo and address his Superman Pajama ring gear on JCW.

Your statement mentions Violent J. I'm baffled you'd listen to anything that guy had to say.

#424 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Your statement mentions you watch JCW. Your opinion on wrestling is now null and void.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#425 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Some news from around the net.

Latest Hall of Fame inductee was announced at the SmackDown tapings last night..

Spoiler

Cena vs. Rock may become a trilogy (*sigh*)

- As noted before, WWE officials were discussing a potential John Cena vs. The Rock rematch this past weekend. There has also been talk of doing a third match between the two. If they go with the trilogy, the rematch would take place sometime this year with the third match taking place at WrestleMania 29 in New Jersey.

and a former WWE tag team champion will possibly make an unexpected return (this is even more random than Bloom coming back and getting a main event push)

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#426 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

That'll be a Wrestlemania moment.

:dunce:
Posted Image

#427 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

As long as we're bringing people back..

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#428 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I know I am gonna catch some shit for this, but I am gonna say it anyways.

I keep seeing Mania being promoted as a "Once in a Lifetime" event due to the Rock vs Cena. I honestly think WWE could be setting themselves up for some sort of lawsuit by people if they end up doing more matches between rock and cena as it is being said that they are planning on doing. It really goes into an area of false advertising by then in order to get more buys for Mania. It really does border on false advertising/ bait and switch type fraud. I could honestly see some people trying to get a lawsuit like this going as well, cause lets face it, thats the world we live in nowdays.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#429 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

"Card subject to change" = any lawsuit would be dismissed out of hand. Easy peasy.
Posted Image

#430 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Indeed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#431 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

"Card subject to change" = any lawsuit would be dismissed out of hand. Easy peasy.

Card subject to change refers to the possibility that the advertised event you are going to can be changed, ie: John Cena's hustle and flow isn't going so hot so he is replaced with Doink the clown. That does not cover intentional false advertising. WM is being billed as a "once in a lifetime event" as they are saying this is the only opportunity that you would ever get to see rock vs cena. however, they already know that they are going to have more matches and are planning these matches does lay the groundwork for intentional false advertisement.
Posted Image

#432 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

It'd never hold up in court.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#433 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Can you cite some literature (posters, video, etc.) that say "once in a lifetime"? Or that say "this will never ever ever happen again"?

I think you're cray-cray for thinking this kind of thing can be litigated, but I'm curious to see how you came to this conclusion.
Posted Image

#434 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Dude was a goddamned TUGBOAT. A Typhoon was a move in the super serious direction by contrast.

According to Wikipedia he's an Uncle to Cody Rhodes, is he the brother of Rhode's mom?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#435 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

You'd have to show it was advertised as "One time only" and convince the court that you had a loss or damages because of that. On top of fighting Vince's law-talking-guys, you would be lucky to win.

#436 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just when you thought it was safe to search youtube...lol.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#437 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image
This ad has been all over the place on the web. Its all over facebook and other sites I have been on in the last few days.

and then there is the video package tjhey are airing next monday night before raw as well. Promoting the "once in a lifetime" encounter between rock and cena.
Posted Image

#438 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Card subject to change refers to the possibility that the advertised event you are going to can be changed, ie: John Cena's hustle and flow isn't going so hot so he is replaced with Doink the clown. That does not cover intentional false advertising. WM is being billed as a "once in a lifetime event" as they are saying this is the only opportunity that you would ever get to see rock vs cena. however, they already know that they are going to have more matches and are planning these matches does lay the groundwork for intentional false advertisement.

:rofl:

You are a special kind of special, man.

"Once in a lifetime" doesn't imply in any way, shape, or form that something is "one time only." And even if it did, it is happening "one time only" at the event they're advertising, Wrestlemania 28. It's hyperbole/marketing speak. Their advertising would have to get extremely explicit in terms of saying that this is the only time in the history of the world that these two will meet at any event under any circumstance with a guarantee that it will never happen again for anyone to even consider taking this to a trial. So yeah, you're stretching the "once in a lifetime" just a bit.

Now I've got Talking Heads stuck in my brain, thanks.

#439 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

And now we know what kind of idiot would sue over something like that.

#440 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Now I've got Talking Heads stuck in my brain, thanks.

That's not a bad thing. That's a good thing.

</DDP>
Posted Image

#441 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I never once said I was going to sue. I said I could see someone trying to make the case for it. All I was trying to do was point out the inconsistency that is known as WWE.
Posted Image

#442 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm suing WWE for saying every year that that years Wrestlemania will be the greatest of all time. This is bullshit.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#443 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Look. Go back and read my original post on this matter. I never once said anything about suing them myself. i said that i could see some people out there attempting it due to the type of lawsuit heavy world we live in these days.
Posted Image

#444 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Reading the spoilers for next week's Impact, I'm shocked with who TNA put in the authority position
Spoiler
. At least they didn't go in a totally predictable direction.

#445 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Every goddamn Monday was the "GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT" on Nitro.

I'm going to sue WCW. Yeah, the company doesn't exist, but I'm more likely to get a settlement out of them than Tony Schiavone. He won't pay, I'll have to get the sheriffs to sieze his assets, and then all I'll have to show for it is a closet of XXL hawaiian print d-bag shirts.
Posted Image

#446 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

You are a special kind of special, man.

"Once in a lifetime" doesn't imply in any way, shape, or form that something is "one time only."

"Once."

#447 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

"Once."

"Once in a while"

Actually, that doesn't really work, but my point was more about the phrase.

Edit: I take that back, it does work because they're both idioms.

#448 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Your statement mentions Violent J. I'm baffled you'd listen to anything that guy had to say.

Your statement mentions you watch JCW. Your opinion on wrestling is now null and void.

Say what you want, but those JCW tapes are fucking funny as shit. Chris Hero gives a guy a splash and essentially hits him with a splash that puts his crotch in the guy's face. They call it some shit like the flying "eat my man pussy"

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#449 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

I was just giving you shit. I have heard that there is some decent wrestling at those gatherings or whatever. I would never go, because I don't like Faygo enough to wear it for an entire weekend, and I hate smelling body odor.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#450 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

"Once in a while"

Actually, that doesn't really work, but my point was more about the phrase.

Edit: I take that back, it does work because they're both idioms.

Yo, man, whatchu call me?