Newegg: Binary Domain $44.99 (PS3 and 360) and More

For a game that just came out 3 days ago, $15 is a nice cut for Binary Domain. Although I have a good feeling it's going to drop pretty fast regardless. Oh well, I'll jump on a 360 copy. Thanks.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']For a game that just came out 3 days ago, $15 is a nice cut for Binary Domain. Although I have a good feeling it's going to drop pretty fast regardless. Oh well, I'll jump on a 360 copy. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too surprised with this since it's from SEGA. Yakuza 4 was $40 on release date at Best Buy last year.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']BD got good reviews... but so did Vanquish. This is bound to rush down to $15-20.[/QUOTE]

Unlike Vanquish I have no idea how Binary Domain did... Unless the demo was really, really, old code... If that code was old... Awesome! I'll have a look at the game at some point (but not 4 days before ME3 comes out), but if the code wasn't that old and that's the final product I'll always be disappointed as the frame work is there for something good/to great but what I saw wasn't even avg.

[quote name='Rollett']Is child of Eden worth 15.99 ?[/QUOTE]

For Kinect, yes. Just don't take drugs while you play, it'll trip you out.

Man, if I wasn't already grabbing Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken next week, I'd be all over this. I enjoyed the demo, but I'm gonna have to wait just a bit longer. :(

Did everyone play the same demo of Bindary Domain that I played? Because I found the game's cover system to be a joke.

[quote name='krashhole']I thought the demo for BD was pretty cool. I can wait until it hits the $20 range though.[/QUOTE]

This definitely seems like an inevitability.

I finished Binary Domain yesterday. The campaign is surprisingly good, basically an eastern take on Gears of War with a little bit of Mass Effect thrown in (creating love/hate releationships causes scenes to play out differently). The characters, while corny at times, were surprisingly good, and the story is interesting, if you take it for what it is (crazy sci-fi).

I beat the game in about 7 hours on hard, definitely recommend playing it on hard, difficulty felt just right.

There's also multiplayer, a good 8 or so competitive game types, then there's basically horde mode. The competitive multiplayer is not very good, the maps are just sections of the SP cut out with basically no changes, and there's almost no one online playing.

So if you're going to buy Binary Domain, buy it for the campaign only.

I love to support games like Binary Domain, but I think I would wait for $29.99 or under.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Did everyone play the same demo of Bindary Domain that I played? Because I found the game's cover system to be a joke.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the demo I played... Really shocked that so many people liked it... Now I would have liked to have loved it... but it seemed so incomplete.

[quote name='bigloser']I finished Binary Domain yesterday. The campaign is surprisingly good, basically an eastern take on Gears of War with a little bit of Mass Effect thrown in (creating love/hate releationships causes scenes to play out differently). The characters, while corny at times, were surprisingly good, and the story is interesting, if you take it for what it is (crazy sci-fi).[/QUOTE]Did you play the demo? If so would you be willing to tell me if anything is different?

I'm really hoping the demo was old code...

[quote name='bigloser']I finished Binary Domain yesterday. The campaign is surprisingly good, basically an eastern take on Gears of War with a little bit of Mass Effect thrown in (creating love/hate releationships causes scenes to play out differently). The characters, while corny at times, were surprisingly good, and the story is interesting, if you take it for what it is (crazy sci-fi).

I beat the game in about 7 hours on hard, definitely recommend playing it on hard, difficulty felt just right.

There's also multiplayer, a good 8 or so competitive game types, then there's basically horde mode. The competitive multiplayer is not very good, the maps are just sections of the SP cut out with basically no changes, and there's almost no one online playing.

So if you're going to buy Binary Domain, buy it for the campaign only.

I love to support games like Binary Domain, but I think I would wait for $29.99 or under.[/QUOTE]

Going to wait until like you said the $29.99 price point. Hopefully when the drop the price, more people will pick it up and online will spike for a little while.

I was pretty unimpressed with BD's demo. I'll be waiting for the sub $20 price point, which I feel is inevitable by the end of the year.

The voice recognition made it for me and the Eastern take on Gears of War is kind of accurate. If you think about the motifs of the game (multinational squad descending upon Japan) is a metaphor for the games industry. I wanted to buy it first day, but I'm kind of hurting for money. So $45 is perfect! I get to support the title and save cash! Thanks OP!

Did everyone who liked the demo of BD play the same demo that I did? It was a little bit of fun, but needed a lot of work and polish. I will wait until it's around $10 by the next holiday season. I have tons of backlog to work through.

Really enjoyed the Binary Domain demo. Waiting on a little bit lower of a price drop before biting.. If NewEgg didn't charge tax I would have bitten.

bread's done
Back