(Rumor) WiiU price set at $299

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I heard $350...what about internal storage? Transferring of data from the Wii? If it comes out holiday 2012 what's going to make it sell well? I would think if there was a solid 1st party Nintendo game as a pack in

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#62 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I'll probably bite on day one at $299 assuming VC stuff carries over and we get a slew of new titles. I'd also like to play slightly prettier versions of some of my 360/PS3 favorites. GOTY versions of Skyrim, Batman AC, maybe some sort of Fallout 3/NV bundle, etc. would all be welcome.

We'll see. E3 shall be interesting this year.

I doubt they would. Unless something has changed in the past year, I couldn't even transfer from wii to wii when I bought a new red one.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#63 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I doubt they would. Unless something has changed in the past year, I couldn't even transfer from wii to wii when I bought a new red one.

They allowed it from DSi to 3DS but not from DSi to DSi. I have to believe that they'll allow the transfer. Perhaps they'll push out a firmware update to the Wii to force everyone to create an account and actually tie your purchased content to a user account instead of a console?

#64 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

They allowed it from DSi to 3DS but not from DSi to DSi. I have to believe that they'll allow the transfer. Perhaps they'll push out a firmware update to the Wii to force everyone to create an account and actually tie your purchased content to a user account instead of a console?

The DSi -----> 3DS thing is what gives me hope for a Wii ----> Wii U transfer. If I can't, I won't bother with the Wii U for a long time. I'm not done with my VC games and I don't really want to hook another system up to my TV without taking one away.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#65 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

The DSi -----> 3DS thing is what gives me hope for a Wii ----> Wii U transfer. If I can't, I won't bother with the Wii U for a long time. I'm not done with my VC games and I don't really want to hook another system up to my TV without taking one away.

Agreed. If they don't allow the transfer, the only way I'll buy a Wii U is if the rumors are true that the PS4 and Xbox 3 don't allow used game sales. If that's the case the the Wii U will be my ONLY next gen console for many years until all games in stores are very cheap.

#66 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I've been telling people for weeks this IS going to happen. Yet no one believes me.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#67 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I've been telling people for weeks this IS going to happen. Yet no one believes me.

I believe you man! The idea that they would force everyone to create a user account and tie content to that like on PSN/XBL was a bit of a pipe dream on my part though.

#68 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

If the Wii U comes out at $350, then I'm definitely not buying it. $299 seems like a much easier to swallow price point.

#69 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

You think it'll happen right of the bat though (like day one)? Or something that will come along later, like the online shop for the 3DS?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#70 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

You think it'll happen right of the bat though (like day one)? Or something that will come along later, like the online shop for the 3DS?

The U Shop is going to be there on Day 1. That is what I was told. Same goes for the transfer channel (I'm going to guess it's a Channel), but I imagine that'll come out a little bit before-hand. I was told that Virtual Console games, Wii Ware games, Channels and Locked Saves (Brawl, MKW, MH3, etc.) would transfer as well.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#71 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Channels will transfer meaning Wii U will have channels too? I hope so

#72 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

Channels will transfer meaning Wii U will have channels too? I hope so

KingBroly in the other thread was suggesting that the Wii stuff could be running as a virtual machine on the WiiU, so it could be the only channels are on the Wii side of things.
Posted Image

#73 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

KingBroly in the other thread was suggesting that the Wii stuff could be running as a virtual machine on the WiiU, so it could be the only channels are on the Wii side of things.

Pretty much. I don't know how or what the Wii U OS will specifically entail (besides the obvious 'loading screen to get into the store' will be there). It could be a modified version of what the Wii has (I.E. like the 3DS OS) or something entirely different. However, given Nintendo's OS's are always 100% functionality I doubt it.

EDIT: Forgot one thing

Adding friends and such will be server side like Xbox 360/PS3 and not client side like 3DS/Wii.

Edited by KingBroly, 10 May 2012 - 07:37 AM.

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#74 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

We're debating about the price but if this is region locked, no thanks. Don't insult me by trying to force me to buy games you think I want.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#75 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Guaranteed to be region locked. Sorry brah.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#76 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

If it helps, don't think of it as region locking. Think of it as immigrant proofing. Those out-of-region titles steal sales from hard working North American titles.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image